Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: an intelligence that exists independent of the trippee? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3477935 - 12/10/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

And i don't like how you succeeded in killing this thread.

Is this thread now about what you like? What did I say that was even remotely out-of-line?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: an intelligence that exists independent of the trippee? [Re: Swami]
    #3477984 - 12/10/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"Of course I can compare the two as he was talking about the lack of a message as an indication of lack of sincerity."

you cant find a message if you dont think there is a message to be found

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: an intelligence that exists independent of the trippee? [Re: Todcasil]
    #3477987 - 12/10/04 06:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ya that's pretty much how i imagine the collective consciousness/unconsciousness to be like. I made a thread about it,  The Noosphere, which is the name given to it.
Interesting!  :smile:

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#3478036 - 12/10/04 06:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

exclusive, would you say that certain substances could allow you to connect the left and right brains consciously. connect logic with intuition (and the noosphere), not seamlessly of course, but to a greater degree than the normal awake-left asleep-right.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3478046 - 12/10/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Swami, you say that there are no mushroom spirits as if they are a fact, when they are just your opinion that it all occurs inside your head. Perhaps psilocybin mushrooms and psilocybin both activate or enhance a part of the brain that leads to communication with other planes of existence, making the difference between the lifeform and chemical mute, and after taking you to the astral plane, the psilocybin gateway, activated in the mind, is the path right to the mushroom spirits, true entities in another dimension. From there, they can show you their wonders, or punish your astral body slightly, leading to anxiety and fear, depending on your intentions. It is a merging of this earth with other planes of existence that are beyond most's view until a chemical gateway has been opened

Not that I necessarily believe this, but you judge too quickly that everything can be explained by neurology, when much of neurology is not understood and may, in fact, be a gateway to other realms of existence, such as the famous "tunnel of light" in near-death experiences, and out-of-body experiences and astral projection under the effects of drug or a very relaxed state by experienced projectors. Many entities could have a real existence if the astral plane and such that people having out-of-body experiences have described are also real

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3478087 - 12/10/04 06:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Not sure. I know that some claim knowledge, but how does one measure that?

I wouldn't call it knowledge. Maybe something more in the line of 'capacity'. Or realisation of capacities that were already there, which is being capable of being more aware. I don't know how to describe it, and i don't know if it can be measured. I feel its got something to do with density, you know, Shroomism stuff that i don't want to argue over right now.

Quote:

I would not choose the word receptive. Everyone is in a different place emotionally and physically and thus will be affected differently

So then you agree that if i try to put my friend, who is about to ingest shrooms, in an emotional position that is favorable to spiritual insights, then he will probably be affected by the shrooms in a spiritual way?
This is why shrooms are sacred, if your openminded, ready and inclined to learning stuff, you can.

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: an intelligence that exists independent of the trippee? [Re: Ravus]
    #3478089 - 12/10/04 06:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

any more on topic things?

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3478097 - 12/10/04 06:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
And i don't like how you succeeded in killing this thread.

Is this thread now about what you like? What did I say that was even remotely out-of-line?

Read the opening post of this thread again.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3479186 - 12/10/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Read the opening post of this thread again.
OK.

...feel free to add anything you feel is important
I did feel it important and it certainly came under the category of "anything". Have I been a bad boy yet again?

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3479212 - 12/10/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"For me it was my very last trip, in wich the mushrooms spirits punished me for disrespect them. I appeared time after time in front of their sacred realms, but they wouldn't let me in. They "said" to me that I had treated the mushrooms with great disrespect and that I shall pay for it. I had to apologize greatly."

Some counseling might be in order. I have over 400 trips under my belt, and I never had to apologize for anything. "Their" sacred realm is all around us...it requires no permission to live in it or visit it.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: an intelligence that exists independent of the trippee? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3479392 - 12/10/04 10:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

*gasp* Heretic! Where are the Inquisitors?

*Hooded figures scurry down Hue's street*

--------------------

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
Re: an intelligence that exists independent of the trippee? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3479456 - 12/10/04 10:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, thank you all for your responses, . Right now, I can't answer/talk to some of you, but I will tomorrow. I see the thread has taken a turn to others issues, still interesting, but please, stay on topic. There are some very very interesting responses on this topic, I'd like to acknowledge. All in all, thank to those of you who contributed to this thread instead of killing it :wink::heart:

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: an intelligence that exists independent of the trippee? [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3479574 - 12/10/04 11:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

On topic; I'll share what I value in mushrooms..

The ego is really a personalized collection of filters; conceptual filters through which reality is experienced...

And to think or speak about anything, one must first reduce it to a concept; so identifying with the egoic mind is experiencing a reduced reality; to reduce the aliveness of a tree, animal, human to a mere concept...

When one is on an intense trip of shrooms, and one is forced into the Now, the egoic mind subsides and becomes still... The aliveness of everything that is seen, felt and experienced is indeed not an illusion - it is the other way around.

Of course, the experience of an egoless reality isn't necessitated by consumption or use of any external sources - there are other ways to achieve such from within.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #3502825 - 12/15/04 08:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

There's an issue in this thread about whether or not mushrooms allow one to contact something external to themselves, or something deep within their own psyche. It's not necessary to see these as such widely seperate views. These are two ways of expressing the same phenomenon: that in altering our brain chemistry, a whole new world, and a whole new understanding, begins appearing to us.

If this experience is something originating deep within a person's own psyche, and that's probably the case, it is nonetheless an experience outside their normal scope of awareness. In this sense it is arriving from the external: external to what the individual had previously accepted and grown comfortable with as reality.

If on the other hand we choose to believe that this is something arriving from the somewhere else in the cosmos, we are forced to entertain the idea that there is some means of blending the mind with the space it inhabits. "Blending the mind with the space it inhabits" is certainly something I would expect to experience on psychedelic mushrooms, and given that the experience is so overwhelmingly powerful I am not at all surprised that some would interpret the absolutely foreign ideas that arise during the experience as having arrived from a place external to their own psychology or physiology.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: an intelligence that exists independent of the trippee? [Re: Ped]
    #3503420 - 12/15/04 12:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you Ped for being able to express what I meant when I said its all the same to me, I really couldn't have done it better.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#3503492 - 12/15/04 12:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"These are two ways of expressing the same phenomenon: that in altering our brain chemistry, a whole new world, and a whole new understanding, begins appearing to us."

well said

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #3503824 - 12/15/04 01:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
What does that mean? One can be aware of their power to alter reality and know the dos and don'ts and proper dosages, but respectful? I can take one batch of mushrooms and yell at them, direct angry "vibes" and squash them under my feet and take another batch and gently harvest them with love and sweet music playing and incense burning and no one will be able to tell the difference when tripping.

I'd like add something here.

I ate about 2 grams of dry mushrooms that were grown and harvested in negative conditions. They never saw the sunlight and were stored in a ziplock bag that was heavily covered in duct tape.

I'm not sure what the intentions were of the guy who did this, but he ate a substantial amount and went to pluto and back losing his mind in the process. This was several years ago and he's still putting the trip together in his head.

I ate TWO grams dry and I went on the most aggrivating, frustrating inward journey I had ever been on. I was ready for my usual shenanigans and other shroomy things, but what I got instead was a mean voice in my head telling me all the terrible things I ever thought about myself.

It was a 7 hour nightmare and when it was over I slept for like 16 hours.

I think that mushrooms absorb a lot of the energy that surrounds them.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: an intelligence that exists independent of the trippee? [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3503856 - 12/15/04 01:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

My $0.02:

I don't happen to believe there are any kind of "mushroom spirits," but I think mushrooms can teach you a lot. I subscribe to the belief that consciousness does not come from the brain, but is rather filtered through it. I believe there is a pure collective consciousness from which we all derive our own consciousness. We cannot experience pure consciousness so long as we inhabit our physical bodies because that consciousness is filtered through a number of things: the ego, thought, and the five senses. I believe that psychedelics can help us quiet the first of those filters, the ego, and thus get a clearer look at the big picture, but it's still only a fraction of that picture, as the other filters still exist. Meditation can help you quiet the second and third filter, but cannot completely transcend them. That can only come when we leave of our physical bodies through death.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: an intelligence that exists independent of the trippee? [Re: silversoul7]
    #3507543 - 12/16/04 04:37 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

and what would you say are the second and third filters?

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: For those of you who see mushrooms as sacred [Re: Swami]
    #3507628 - 12/16/04 06:16 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybin (not mushrooms per se) in sufficient doses enables one's conscious mind to contact a hidden part of one's psyche, not something external.

You dogma bunnies crack me up! You havent got a shread of proof to back that statement up, it just your own personal belief!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder