Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCenebite
Closet CaseShroomer
 User Gallery

How long after veil starts to break should I print!??!?
    #3472683 - 12/09/04 09:42 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

Any idea how long after the veil begins to tear I should cut the cap for printing?? Any ideas suggestions?... The veils just starting to tear... will I be ok leaving it for another 18hrs?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How long after veil starts to break should I print!??!? [Re: Cenebite]
    #3472949 - 12/09/04 10:17 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

I'd leave it another 24-36 hours..when it starts to flatten out...its like 24 hours after the veil fully teils the spores start dropping and drop for like 48 hours so either way you'll probably catch some.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
Re: How long after veil starts to break should I print!??!? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3473096 - 12/09/04 10:44 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

I get mine from dried shrooms.

Just flip the cap upside down after it is dried... add sterile water, cover, wait about half an hour, add a little more water to pool it again. The cap will absorb most of the water. Then suck and blow water around with a syringe to mix the spores in the cap, before sucking them up. You can do this a few times.

To remove excess water from your syringes, set the syringe in a cup, with the needle pointing up in the air (With the cap onit, in a clean-room). Wait about two hours for the spores to settle, and gently squirt excess water out of the needle.

You can then merge all of your needles into one, by squirting into a shot-glass, and suck/blowing, to ensure few spores get left in the needles as you empty them. Then suck the contents into one needle.

Way more complex... but you don't have to deal with spore death from bleached paper, or other chemicals in paper.

Even better, suspend the whole mushroom above a cup of water after you seporate it from the cake. Keep as much of the bulb as possible, wrap the bulb and stalk in syran-wrap and tape. Then sit the whole shroom into the water. (Keep the glass at 75-80 for best results, spores will drop for about two days.)

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: How long after veil starts to break should I print!??!? [Re: Cenebite]
    #3473145 - 12/09/04 10:53 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

When the veil drops off (in most instances) the cap will begin to open fully , it will open till it undulates (in most cases)gets wavy edges . You should pick when cap is fully open(pic at bottom of "open" cap) , before spores really start dumping and making a mess of things including inhibiting future flushes .
So if veil is gone now , pick it now IMHO , cut it , print it over night , seal it keep it share it spread it ! The end .
Hope this helps , and do not dry it out if you want "best" shot at a clean and viable print .
Good Luck

These are not quite open enough IMO

Do you see the difference ?

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: How long after veil starts to break should I print!??!? [Re: tripndicular]
    #3473601 - 12/10/04 12:18 AM (12 years, 3 days ago)

Thanks for clearing that up for me as well.

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation