Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: tripndicular]
    #3470658 - 12/09/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Do they get slimey like oat meal?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

Loc: Tokyo,Japan
Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: HydroSmurf]
    #3470673 - 12/09/04 01:20 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

And what's with this karo tek? Someone please explain???

--------------------
I never supposed for the love of me that it would all be so vivid.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3470678 - 12/09/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

HydroSmurf said:
Oh yeahh, just finished reading every word of it...Haha, well actually I've been thinking of trying agar. But that would mean I would need alot of stuff. My friend's in college and we might have access to his lab so we might be able to start there. Thing I'm not so sure about it actually making the agar...

IMO is easier than most make it sound . Just do not breath or cough , or let nasties land on dishes  :wink:
Give it a try , you never know what you might find , the person beside you really needs to know .....
Sorry listening to Roy Harper , but it applies ! :wink:
No need to make agar self , can buy in dry form , add water , sterilize , pour and go . Easier IMO , maybe not most cost effective , but what the hell .
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3470688 - 12/09/04 01:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
Do they get slimey like oat meal?

No

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3470724 - 12/09/04 01:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Haha, I'm gonna use Prego jars for my popcorn too. So let's see, I inject the thing. Shake it every 5 days? And wait for it to colonize...Then use a fork to fork out the thing into a casing container? That about right?

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3470758 - 12/09/04 01:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Shake at first , especially if only inocing one site .
Let sit till 5% colonized than shake  , leave alone till about 70% colonized , shake again , leave alone till ready to case or g2g or whatever .
BRF no shaking if I'm correct , it does not break up and shake .
Shaking is for grains , popcorn ,rye etc.....
Cakes do not shake  :wink:
Yes if using narrow neck jars , break up at first with a "sterilized fork or knife to get out of the jar .

--------------------

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3470789 - 12/09/04 01:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

When you say shake, how exactly do you shake it? Like vigoriously? Or just a little to the left and right? Oh also, sorry to sound like a pain in the ass. But do I actually soak and simmer it till it turns really soft? Soft like edible corn??? It's basically just sitting in spring water at the moment, still another...14 hours before I start simmering it...

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
    #3470798 - 12/09/04 01:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yea, I agree with trip fully on the shaking thing.

Shaking really hurts the myc more than what should be mentioned when advocating shaking. Shaking can set your myc back up to 3 days per shake which ain't helpin shit in the long run. I say shake once around 5-10%, like he said, once there is enough colonized grain to get a good distribution throughout.

Invisibletripndicular

#3470827 - 12/09/04 01:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

HydroSmurf said:
When you say shake, how exactly do you shake it? Like vigoriously? Or just a little to the left and right? Oh also, sorry to sound like a pain in the ass. But do I actually soak and simmer it till it turns really soft? Soft like edible corn??? It's basically just sitting in spring water at the moment, still another...14 hours before I start simmering it...

In grains situation you have to really get it broken up and redispersed , so you sometimes have to bang it on the palm of your hand or against a tire (old method in TMC) . So yes vigorously , but do not beat the living hell out of it .
And yes beating myc colony to frequently can be way more harmfull than beneficial , weak myc is pron to contaming !

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
    #3470841 - 12/09/04 01:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I find that when I shake too much after the myc has got a good hold on my grain I get these annoying lil clumps and balls when it breaks up. Now this myc can't easily spread to other grains and it just plain doesn't look pretty :wink:

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3470874 - 12/09/04 02:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I guess that's why trip says shake when 5% and then at 70% huh? Got it...what about the kernels? Anybody know yet whether to let it cook till its really soft like edible corn? Cause it's my first time with popcorn and I'm not sure how soft it should be really...

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3470892 - 12/09/04 02:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Depending on what stage we are talking (percentage wise) that can be broken up by slamming against the palm .
That normally happens in later stages , and IMO means stop shaking the shit ! :wink:
Goottta run guys its been fun !
Trip n D

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
    #3470900 - 12/09/04 02:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Simmer until some kernels bust, don't go on a time limit. That stuff is much harder to hydrate than are the softer grains.

Invisibletripndicular

#3470912 - 12/09/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

HydroSmurf said:
I guess that's why trip says shake when 5% and then at 70% huh? Got it...what about the kernels? Anybody know yet whether to let it cook till its really soft like edible corn? Cause it's my first time with popcorn and I'm not sure how soft it should be really...

Never done the corn thingy , so cant be of true help tp ya . But I am sure like other media , getting moisture content takes awhile to perfect , you do not want it too wet or too dry .
Good Luck Hydro , hope I was of some help .
Trip n D
ps
"May The Mushroom Goddess Bless All Your Endeavors !"

--------------------

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3470917 - 12/09/04 02:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So I guess they have to turn really soft huh? Like squeeze-it-and-it-breaks soft?

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
    #3470938 - 12/09/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

No, it won't get THAT soft. Just wait until some burst, that is the exact indicator that you want. Then after you simmer, rinse it off, popcorn doesn't really require a good rinse, then let it drain. I spread mine out on a towel and it dries very quickly like that. After its dry to the point where it's not dripping at all, pack it up and PC.

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3471024 - 12/09/04 02:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I just can't wait really...Haha, thanks alot. Over here popcorn's real cheap and it's probably gonna be the method I'm gonna stick to for quite some time now...Thanks yet again...  :smile:

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
    #3471053 - 12/09/04 02:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

How much is it there, it's $.89/pound here.

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3471089 - 12/09/04 02:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The prices are probably the same, but it's just that my friend works for some packaging section for a supermarket (like k or walmart over there) and he can get it for me at half the price. Pretty neat.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3471096 - 12/09/04 02:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Have you tried rye? I have not heard of anyone saying popcorn worked better then rye who has tried them both.

Oh and my opinion..any more then one injection point on grains is stupid and asking for problems. It will give you NO and I mean NO, advantage and will open you up for more contams. You shake whole grains which spreads the spores to hundreds of inoculation points from just one, we aren't talking PF Tek here.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures