Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleasd11
final sky

Telepathy while high?
    #3470298 - 12/09/04 01:53 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I have read literally hundreds of "trip reports" that I have found at various places on the 'net. One theme that I have seen repeated over and over (though not very often)is the seeming ability to "talk through thoughts" (telepathy, for lack of a better word). The drugs/plants used have varied, but the reports all have a similar tone. For example, it may sound like this: "Me and my friend were pretty far gone, and couldn't really interact with anyone, but we were able to communicate between ourselves with just a few words. We each knew what the other person was thinking, so we didn't need alot of spoken words. To someone else, our conversation would have been meaningless, sounding something like this: A: Yeah, me too. B: Music A: Yesterday B: I think it's blue". I think you get the point. I even read one trip report where the person felt like their consciousness was moving over a piece of furniture, hitting "bumps" at certain places, when out of nowhere the sitter (who wasn't high) said, "The last bump is the worst". When asked why he said that, and how he could have known what the tripper was experiencing, he answered simply, "I have no idea why I said that".
So my question, and the reason for this thread, is this: Have any of you experienced similar things which seem "psychic" in origin, and if so, would you share your experience with us?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: Telepathy while high? [Re: asd11]
    #3470473 - 12/09/04 02:27 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yes. I feel like I can very much "read" other people when I'm shroomin.  Also I have experienced the same "visions" of being in a network or matrix with another person. We seemed to have seen the same lines of light all around us.  A friend and her girlfriend both saw the same aliens on shrooms. :laugh:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: Telepathy while high? [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #3473939 - 12/10/04 01:20 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

nevermind

Edited by spliffmasta (12/10/04 01:47 AM)

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
    #3474077 - 12/10/04 01:42 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, i've experienced it, and it's pretty much as you described. Very little to no words needed, ya know what each other is thinking.

--------------------

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
    #3474448 - 12/10/04 03:08 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, thats a common theme that re-appeared with several people I've tripped with over the years. One example that stands out is when I was with a friend at another friend's house. All 3 of us were tripping. It was quiet and I would just get up and close the window, knowing that they wanted it closed without them teling me. This worked with Changing the music, etc... We were all in sync. I can't really explain it. Its more of a feeling.

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Telepathy while high? [Re: Frappy]
    #3475251 - 12/10/04 10:37 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I was tripping with some mates once and I looked at one of them and thought he was inside my mind.

Offlinedistortion
 User Gallery
Loc: Murder Mitten Flag
Re: Telepathy while high? [Re: Thin White Duke]
    #3475315 - 12/10/04 11:05 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I think that while tripping we are more perceptive and responsive to the vibrations we recieve from other people. For example if someone is experiencing a difficult part of their trip, we can sense it without them saying a word. I think that every human has this ability to send and recieve vibrations even while sober, but we are more in tune with the universe while shrooming.

--------------------
Think for Yourself. Question Authority.

-Timothy Leary

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
    #3475323 - 12/10/04 11:08 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

this has happened to me a couple of times with various people all which i was good friends with. 2 occasions stick out of my mind the most right now. one time with my friend named steven. we were in college and bathroom tripping (its quite fun actually). and we were able to read each otheres mind, not as some accident we could do it at our will when we wanted and we did it a lot. both of us were on a high dose of dxm. but i cant remember what exactly we were thinking, the next day on the paper we had shit writtin about jungle gyms. the next time was with my bud randy (a really really good friend of mine while in korea). we were about a level 4 shroom trip. and we were chilling on the couch in his room. so we start talking (once again i dont remember about what). we carry on a long conversation then i say, we are talking without talking and we look at each other. that was really cool cause it was kinda hidden from us untill we snaed to it, but it went away after that. oh yeah another time with the wife, but this one is alot better. we left our bodies together. we could float around and communicate with each other. it was cool as shit also. and i got a good high level 3 trip coming tonight with me and the wife so maybe we can try it again. but she is trying to reach nirvana again, so maybe ill try to do that. i think one af the biggest factors to experiencing phenomina is how serious you take your trips. when i was younger i would not get any of these effects, but now that i take each trip as an experience to learn/enjoy life/etc, i find these to occure more often. so i think it depends on what you look for and a little bit of experience with tripping so you can guide it the way you want.
edit: i think one of the reasons these occure is because the drug brings your brain patterns closer to matching. your minds are very similar caus ethey are experiencing the same thing at the same time. but also it has to be with someone you are close to and really know. and by really know i dont mean just an average friend, i mean someone you can connect with, who shoares same veiws as you, so your brains can become more in link with one another. just a guess though.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Edited by lemon_lw (12/10/04 11:13 AM)

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #3475325 - 12/10/04 11:09 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I have, and I think it has to do with the person you are with as well.
If they have a closed mindseye they are not able to recieve your communication.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

InvisibleHendostan
Male

#3475328 - 12/10/04 11:10 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

There is undoubtedly an energetic connection between us..I mean, with as much electricity as our brain produces, it's gotta be sending something out, right? It can't possibly all be contained inside our heads. I think the increased neural activity during a trip makes us more sensitive to those things. I definitely notice an increased connection, not only between people I'm with, but animals, and even other living things, such as plants and trees. This might sound flaky, but I do belive all living things are connected in some way, and I love feeling "closer" them all when tripping.

Offlinespreaded
always beprepared

Loc: outer rim of space
Re: Telepathy while high? [Re: distortion]
    #3475332 - 12/10/04 11:11 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Its common. Ive talked to a good long time friend months after we tripped together and had the same experience. He was looking at my drawings and knew just what this one meant.. it was done the same night we tripped and he knew like just what I meant by it.. spooky stuff.

Ive kinda picked up the telepathic/ESP ability in my everyday sober life.. when I can see this person crash his car minutes before it even happens its kinda obvious. Normal people dont have these notions I think. Its not like I can control this.. it just happens.

--------------------
I set into a downward spiral, Caught an illness that was literally viral -WP

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: Telepathy while high? [Re: spreaded]
    #3475340 - 12/10/04 11:18 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

there is some people on the shroomery who i would love to trip with or become better friends with. they seem like good people from what i can read. just a few off the top of my head. hendostan you seem cool, beejay seems cool, and bettle juice seems cool. there are others but these people stick out as good people off the top of my head. oh yeah wiccan seeker seems like one of the most inteligent people on here to me. i would love to talk to him just so i could learn so much if nothing else. but most of you guys seem cool as shit, and it seems like this is one of the best online communtities around.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: Telepathy while high? [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3475377 - 12/10/04 11:33 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lemon_lw said:
there is some people on the shroomery who i would love to trip with or become better friends with. they seem like good people from what i can read. just a few off the top of my head. hendostan you seem cool, beejay seems cool, and bettle juice seems cool. there are others but these people stick out as good people off the top of my head. oh yeah wiccan seeker seems like one of the most inteligent people on here to me. i would love to talk to him just so i could learn so much if nothing else. but most of you guys seem cool as shit, and it seems like this is one of the best online communtities around.

Yeah this place does suck indeed.  :wink:

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: Telepathy while high? [Re: Fliquid]
    #3475382 - 12/10/04 11:37 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

are you saying just cause i said something nice this place sucks? damn cant soemone be in a good mood without hearing shit from someone. sorry if thats not what you implied but it seems that way.

--------------------

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: Telepathy while high? [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #3475386 - 12/10/04 11:39 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Phishgrrl said:
Yes. I feel like I can very much "read" other people when I'm shroomin.  Also I have experienced the same "visions" of being in a network or matrix with another person. We seemed to have seen the same lines of light all around us.  A friend and her girlfriend both saw the same aliens on shrooms. :laugh:

Me as well, we had our eyes closed and had the same visions and awareness of eachother. We could feel eachothers energy and reach higher points because we went together as one. Lines of light all around us as well, very bright with visions of things I can't remember..  :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Telepathy while high? [Re: Fliquid]
    #3475455 - 12/10/04 12:19 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I was trippin on Hollywood Blvd once and I started talking to a Mexican and we understood each other perfectly even though we were speaking different languages so I believe it's possible for sure. I think that drugs can open up doors because they tweak the brain/body chemicals. Too bad it doesn't last though.

--------------------
...or something

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience