Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedjred

Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3470120 - 12/09/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

more then one way to skin a cat...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: djred]
    #3470132 - 12/09/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I use to say: many ways that lead to Rome, and both a Volkswagen and a Ferrari will bring you there, with the volkswagen bringing you the best sight seeing travel trip, the Ferrari brings you speed... :P

Ow and living in Europe helps a lot... :lol:

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3470180 - 12/09/04 11:33 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So your point is five hole inoculation is a Volkswagen, and the one hole and shake method is a Ferrari?

MUAHAHAHHAHA

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

Loc: Tokyo,Japan
    #3470209 - 12/09/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Wow...this thread sure moved on pretty fast. Haven't read all yet, anyway, I just soaked popcorn awhile ago. Gonna leave it for 24 hours before I simmer and all.

--------------------
I never supposed for the love of me that it would all be so vivid.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: HydroSmurf]
    #3470217 - 12/09/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You had better read every last word!

lol  :smile: :tongue:

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3470229 - 12/09/04 11:41 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

djred said:
yeah its kinda sounded like i was saying karo isn't a good way to grow..but i asked in a question form??????? so im asking is karo not a good way to grow?  so mr... your welcome..but since you don't do karo then your reply is invalid..

I knew what you meant , just making sure you did  :wink:
And yes my opinon would be worthless  :tongue:, never tried karo an anything but pan cakes  :tongue: I'll stick with boysenberry ! :wink:
Thinking of it , but have not gotten around to trying it out , kinda stuck in the agar rut I spose , why fix it if not broken ?
I hear many folks swear by it though .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibletripndicular

#3470238 - 12/09/04 11:42 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

djred said:

And eat it too !!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :wink:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: tripndicular]
    #3470252 - 12/09/04 11:45 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
Quote:

djred said:

And eat it too !!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :wink:

:yesnod: tabby chilli

--------------------

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3470279 - 12/09/04 11:50 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
I dont know it all, at all. But I sure as hell know enough to know that injecting into five holes of a grain jar is a silly waste of time, and spores.

:thumbup:

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: Llamanose]
    #3470406 - 12/09/04 12:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I hope more people will voice there own opinion on this subject.

Agar, are you going to show up?

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3470430 - 12/09/04 12:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah im surpirsed that he hasn't voiced a thought in this subject..man im bored. i want my jars to finsih up ..um should i start another batch of jars..hmm..picke dup 12 half pints for 5 dollars..wanting to get those going. but then im starting to relaize thats alot of work..lol

Invisibletripndicular

#3470447 - 12/09/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

He is too smart for pissing contests , promotes contams  :wink:
Lazy bastard ... get growing ! :wink:
Move up to qts , do not have to make them so often that way . :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3470456 - 12/09/04 12:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i do have some qaurt jars but i all ready bought those damn half [pints..ok fuck it im going to get those big ones going..less space..they are some prego jars...lol naw fuck those prego jars..that would take forever trying to get those grains out..

Edited by djred (12/09/04 12:27 PM)

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
    #3470500 - 12/09/04 12:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
10 days is my average for all grains, besides popcorn, popcorn you can count on 20, but it sure does flush good.

Man, wtf is up with popcorn, for real.
I've heard so many mixed things about popcorn, but mainly and most often that it is a faster colonizer than rye, but it fruits weaker.

In my experience, popcorn colonizes about just as fast as rye, maybe a little faster, but spores definitely didn't germinate very well on it, and it fell behind because of this, but has caught up quite nicely. I'd highly recommend popcorn for liquid cultures or G2G but not spore noc. These are just from my limited experience.

The reason I pry is because popcorn fuckin owns, but it is more expensive and I'd rather have a slow colonizer than a weak fruiter. I just love it so much because of how clean and easy it is, but the shroomies are what I want, not fast myc.

Invisibletripndicular

#3470511 - 12/09/04 12:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Use sterilized fork or knife to break up .
Classico jars are better IMHO , much better tasting sauce too  :wink:
I say better jar becasue they are "mason" brand , tough som bitches . But they to have narrow necks ........ FORK !!!!!!!!

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3470518 - 12/09/04 12:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ive noticed IME with popcorn that you need to simmer it longer than most grains, the shell is more dense than the other grains IMO, so you need to simmer longer to get a good moisture content and also mycel appreciates cracked open kernels I've noticed.

I don't know though man, for me popcorn just takes a hellofa long time to colonize, like ill inoculate a popcorn jar, and a birdseed jar at the same time, at 6 days the birdseed is 50% where that damn popcorn just now germinated.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3470531 - 12/09/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ever try groats ?
I tell ya what Malabars so far love the shit outta that stuff .
Early to tell , but so far with half pinters g2g'd coverd the shit in 5 days , now at day 10 and ready to move on . No idea how fruits yet , but myc is sweet looking , looks like some happy shit to me .
Here is pic of 5 day , never been shakin ......

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3470575 - 12/09/04 12:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

graots? yeah my popcorn took forever to germ then i added some liquid and boom they took off. im just ready to case my shit and get rolling as soon as my wbs is done..patience.. i did my jars last monday night i think it was..week before..sounds about right..

Invisibletripndicular

#3470609 - 12/09/04 01:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah "groats" , where oatmeal comes from > still in the husks . Can be found at bird supply houses , or health food places that sell bulk grains .
Got mine at the bird store , I love that place !

--------------------

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

Loc: Tokyo,Japan
    #3470657 - 12/09/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oh yeahh, just finished reading every word of it...Haha, well actually I've been thinking of trying agar. But that would mean I would need alot of stuff. My friend's in college and we might have access to his lab so we might be able to start there. Thing I'm not so sure about it actually making the agar...

--------------------
I never supposed for the love of me that it would all be so vivid.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag