Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRichi
Stranger
 User Gallery
First Time Ohian
    #3468628 - 12/09/04 01:02 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've been reading up quite a bit about Psilocybin mushrooms lately and finally decided to get off my ass and go hunting. I live in northeast Ohio and the past couple days have been real wet and rainy. I think now is a good time to start but I'm not sure if its already too late in the season for my area. From what I gathered Panaeolus subbalteatus and Gymnopilus spectabilis are the species I am most likely to come across. I guess my questions are: Is it too late? and if not, Does anybody have Ohio specific tips that would help out? Great job to everyone working on the site, its been one of the most informative resources I've found.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: First Time Ohian [Re: Richi]
    #3469746 - 12/09/04 09:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hi Richi,
Welcome to the Shroomery!

I've never found actives this late in the season.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: First Time Ohian [Re: shroomydan]
    #3470068 - 12/09/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3471153 - 12/09/04 02:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

From May through August you can look for Psilocybe caerulipes. It can be found in man made environments in public places in gardens in woodchip mulch.

Panaeolus subbalteatus is too late now in Ohio. They are an early spring and early fall shroom fruiting in hay/straw compost heaps at riding stables and racetracks in manure mixed with stable shavings.

Sometimes in manure but rare. And more common in compost heaps and haystacks.

Only a few people have found them in quantities.

Lizard King in Georgia, Mitchnast in Nova Scotia both from manure and Angry Shroom in large compost heap in north central California and Joshua in Oregon found a beautiful lawn a few years ago.

In Seattle area, they can grow in Dec through May. Never during the hot summer months. And even appear in soil from fertilizers

AS for Gyms. They can mimic Galerinas at their pinning stages. They prefer tree stumps for spectabilus, but the ingredients in spectabilus appear to be noryangonine, which is found in Kava.

Mj,
other gyms have been found to contain psilocine and psilocybine.
The only shrooms now are the chocolate candies floating around Ohio and whatever anyone might be experimenting with in an attic or cellar.

mj

OfflineRichi
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: First Time Ohian [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3471194 - 12/09/04 02:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the welcomes and help. I decided to give growing a try but I'm starting school in mid-January. I was hoping to get a batch before I go but that doesn't leave me with much time. Are there any strains that will grow fast enough for me to accomplish this? Also since its my first time they should probably be fairly resilient.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3471380 - 12/09/04 03:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It can take from 17 days to six weeks to get a good crop of shrooms, expecially starting frm spores. Unless you have sterile spore syringes, obtainable form many soponsers here at the shroomery.

Have a shroomy day and good luck 0on your venture.

If you would like to see some good cultivated images of the Ban Hua Thanon's, SOuth Africans and nathons go to my site at http://www.mushroomjohn.com/cult1.htm

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale