Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Do we realy need "drugs"?
    #3457388 - 12/06/04 09:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Every now and then I find myself (when im alone) thinking to myself in a trance state yet not as random as meditation.. I can give myself these huge rushes of adrenaline just from thinking to myself about a scary or simply "intense" thought.. Some times though i can give myself a deep feeling love/lust/hate...
Or when I close my eyes or just sit in a dark room and think I can morph the world infront of me.. Distort my vision inways of patterns or seeing bright light faraway or even strong colors "oras(sp?)" surounding objects.. I often see this around certain people and many differnt objects.

I remember when i was young rubbing my eyes when laying in bed, rubbing my eyes and seeing paterns and bright lights, and this is what its like.. But now i seem ot have more controle.. I would like ot compare it to meditation but its differnt not better not worse.. I dont think they are drug induced, mabey inhanced but I dont do alot of hallusinogins.. good amount of mushrooms. tried salvia once lsa once nothing else to speak of.. Does anyone else experiance these "thoughts"??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Do we realy need "drugs"? [Re: Legoulash]
    #3457439 - 12/06/04 10:00 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Mushrooms really opens the mind, which somewhat stays open when your normal. Even on weed I find myself thinking very deeply. Every drug pretty much makes you think. I like it actually, using mushrooms moderatly, I think has made me a better person, maybe even a bit smartert about whats actually going on in the world and our lives. Sometimes I think it helped me mature more faster, but maybe that was just me normally maturing. If you had an addiction with a drug, that can create depression, stress, and what not. So in that case it would be hard to be thinking good positive thoughts, because you would be thinking all negative about your life. Addiction is what ruins peoples lives.

Edited by balls (12/06/04 10:04 PM)

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: balls]
    #3457490 - 12/06/04 10:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

short answer?

no, not at all.
Reality is the ultimate trip.

--------------------

OfflineShroomFan
nn dmt

Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: blink]
    #3457565 - 12/06/04 10:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

^yes

--------------------
Fellow Shroomerites, if you Love expressing yourself with a dope tee shirt feast your 3rd eye on www.facebook.com/vicereversa
∞ Conscious Clothing for Conscious Minds ∞ Wear a tee , open a mind
Each shirt is spawned to Arouse Awareness <> We believe in Sustainability & Giving back <> Do you know of a community project or persons in need you feel deserves attention? - Tell us on our page And we just might pick the story > develop a tee > and donate the proceeds to that cause. ∞♥∞ Unget it, VICE REVERSA

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: ShroomFan]
    #3457687 - 12/06/04 10:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

We dont NEED them but then again we dont NEED the shroomery. Life would just be more boring without them.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: sui]
    #3457720 - 12/06/04 11:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well i know we dont need them but im guessing alot of us do indulge... Has anyone had feelings like this after taking other drugs.. Mehtamphetamine? DMT Brews.. Dmt is one iv been "afraid" to try because it seems like such an unknown world..

Edited by Rah (12/06/04 11:05 PM)

OfflineMisterKite
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, QC
    #3457809 - 12/06/04 11:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Life would not be boring without drugs, you're just being uncreative and apathetic. Of course we don't need drugs, but in some cases they help with things, such as depression and inspiration.

Those patterns you see under your eyes, that's called plasmate. Phillip K. Dick claims that he'd close his eyes and his plasmate would form brilliantly complex shapes and pictures, including Picasso and Monet paintings, that would just fly past his vision. But he was also a schizophrenic, which means he had an incredibly high amount of DMT in his system.

--------------------
"But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh we deprive a soul of the sun and light, and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy."

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: MisterKite]
    #3457834 - 12/06/04 11:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I was being more sarcastic with that comment but anyway its hard to get across with typed words.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: blink]
    #3458786 - 12/07/04 08:06 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

blinkidiot said:
short answer?

no, not at all.

You would never have given that answer if you had never used drugs...  :cool:

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
    #3458802 - 12/07/04 08:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Our natural plants I wouldn't consider drugs, because all we are is giant chemical reactions for the most part.. the natural plants just have chemicals that react with our chemical make-up.  Who knows, somewhere in the universe, perhaps there's a life form that can get fucked up by chewing on sandstone or something..

Anyway, all that philosophical bullshit aside, without taking mind-altering substance, life wouldn't be boring, it would be the same as it is today, we'd just have different hobbies and not know each other at all.

Maybe I'd be chasing my infatuation of exploration instead of throwing it all away on a half oz of pot every week... Either way, atleast I have a subscription to National Geographic. :thumbup:

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

Loc: The Pharm
Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: Silven]
    #3458976 - 12/07/04 09:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I agree with you there id say some day we wont even need drugs to get high seeing as its just a certain part of our brain that gets activated why wouldnt we be able to activate it with our brain

--------------------
Mother goose said to the swan "Is that PCP your cooking?" and the swan replied "Yes, yes it is.

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #3459123 - 12/07/04 10:30 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Nope I just need some bread and fresh water :smirk:
Perhaps a woodstick to or some fire rocks because winter is cold here, but I would consider that like an extra.

OfflineColeco
Stranger
    #3461075 - 12/07/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MisterKite said:
Those patterns you see under your eyes, that's called plasmate. Phillip K. Dick claims that he'd close his eyes and his plasmate would form brilliantly complex shapes and pictures, including Picasso and Monet paintings, that would just fly past his vision. But he was also a schizophrenic, which means he had an incredibly high amount of DMT in his system.

Every day this forum amazes me and ive only made a few posts!

Sometimes when I close my eyes at night, I can see the most unbelivably amazing fractals and images. Its like they float about in many layers which you can focus on each one of them. i can imagine a thing in particular, say, a bird, and it will appear in the pattern in multiple morphing images of it, sort of in patches of bright light. Alot of it looks like a kaledascope... but amazingly intense. Its sort of crafted out of loads of patterns of lights.

Its really hard to explain, and it'ld be almost impossible to say like, computer animate so others could see, coz its in so many layers and intensities, but you could get something PRETTY good if you were VERY artistic.

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #3467615 - 12/08/04 09:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

suimush said: Life would just be more boring without them.

Can you imagine how boring life would be if you couldn't down a bottle of 'tussin over the holidays. The thought of being sober and watching the same slideshow yet another year sort of makes me itchy.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: Coleco]
    #3467658 - 12/08/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

SOmetimes when I open my eyes I can see something strange. It's like the inside of my eye is being reflected and amplified back onto my retina. It looks like looking into a microscope and seeing bacteria.

It used to just be a couple sections of bacteria (like two sausage links) but it has grown to be a chain of at least 5, and they curl around. Also in the spaces around it, these tiny, tiny colour variations flutter around rapidly. It sort of reminds me of exposing radiation to a luminescent film.

It is especially easy to notice this "inner image" when I am looking at snow. Any idea what this is, or similar experiences?

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3468827 - 12/09/04 02:23 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

But he was also a schizophrenic, which means he had an incredibly high amount of DMT in his system.

that's not true
Quote:

American Journal of Psychiatry
Vol 133 (No. 2) Feb 1976, 203-208
by Gillin; Kaplan; Stillman; Wyatt

The authors review the research on N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) as a possible "schizotoxin". DMT produces psychedelic effects when administered to normal subjects, the means are present to synthesize it in man, it has occasionally been found in man, and tolerance to its behavioral effects is incomplete. However, DMT concentrations have not been proven to differ significantly in schizophrenics and normal controls. Also, in vivo synthesis of DMT has not been convincingly demonstrated, and the psychological changes it produces do not closely mimic the symptoms of schizophrenia. The authors conclude that more data are necessary before the validity of this theory can be determined.

Offlinerepemon
journeyman
Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #3469549 - 12/09/04 08:44 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I used to play with the bacteria everytime snow came when I was a child. When I went to the crisis of the 15year I forgot about it and found it again with delics.

--------------------
- When the time stops, evil ones will be pointed out for all to see.

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Loc: U.K.
Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #3469913 - 12/09/04 10:27 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

recalcitrant said:
SOmetimes when I open my eyes I can see something strange. It's like the inside of my eye is being reflected and amplified back onto my retina. It looks like looking into a microscope and seeing bacteria.

It used to just be a couple sections of bacteria (like two sausage links) but it has grown to be a chain of at least 5, and they curl around. Also in the spaces around it, these tiny, tiny colour variations flutter around rapidly. It sort of reminds me of exposing radiation to a luminescent film.

It is especially easy to notice this "inner image" when I am looking at snow. Any idea what this is, or similar experiences?

Yeah ive seen that, I allways put it down to being a teeny tiny hair or eye gunk stuff over my eye that has gelled together to form a lump over the day that I can see :smile:

--------------------
Spotted dowhaters shpongled trollywognogs!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Go on! Make a sentance I dare ya! eheheh
If you like UO www.novusopiate.com

Invisibleasd11
final sky

Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: Zirus666]
    #3469960 - 12/09/04 10:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I NEED 100%

Anonymous

Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: asd11]
    #3471657 - 12/09/04 04:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

short answer?

no, not at all.

this illusion is not 'reality', if you experienced reality and came back here, it would be like....for a shitty example...always having lived in a 2 dimensional black and white life, then getting a taste of this life....and having to come back to live in the 2d black and white life anticipating your release to your true home. can be a bit depressing at first til you come to accept your here for a good reason. sorry if i sound like a fucker. just wanted to say that this is NOT reality. when you shroom and feel that divine feeling, thats but a taste of our true home in spirit.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order