Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflu3ncy
Stranger
Fainting: normal?
    #3469413 - 12/09/04 08:05 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Okay, so tonight my friend ate an eigth of mushies. A few hours prior, he had been drinking pretty heavily. Anyways, all went well, except about six or seven hours after he ate them, after he was coming down and getting ready to go to bed, I was watching him put his stuff away for the night (I was completely sober at the time), and suddenly he just fainted. He stumbled backwards into his TV, knocking it off the shelf... I thought he just lost his footing at first, but then he collapsed forwards in a heap on the floor. I tried to see if he was okay, but he was out cold without response for ten to fifteen seconds. After that, he stood up and looked around, and was apparently fine--- but that was a little scary. In the few days before this, he did have quite a few drugs through his system. He said this happened to a friend of his once while on shrooms. It's never happened to me, though, to be sure.

Anyways, this just concerned me. As of now, he seems okay-- this whole thing took place probably two hours ago. Just wondering if anyone else has had experience with people fainting on shrooms, and what it can mean.

Thanks a lot for the help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Fainting: normal? [Re: flu3ncy]
    #3469437 - 12/09/04 08:13 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It's not normal to faint on mushrooms. Me and my friends did never faint on mushrooms, but I've read some other faint stories here on the Shroomery.

Did he drink enough? non alcohol. Heavily drinking and tripping will dehydrate you pretty fast. I don't know if that can cause him to faint. I don't think he has to worry.

Edited by Annom (12/09/04 08:16 AM)

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3469443 - 12/09/04 08:15 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

he had been drinking pretty heavily.

In the few days before this, he did have quite a few drugs through his system.

sounds like a bad combination. fainting on shrooms is certainly not normal.

OfflineSiphersh
Self-proclaimedhuman
Loc: Hungary
    #3469452 - 12/09/04 08:19 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

No, I haven't heard of fainting on shrooms before. But taking different drugs within a short period of time can have adverse physiological effects, you should not be surprised. Drinking alcohol can have many different effects. And I think drinking alcohol before or during a trip is not a good idea.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#3469476 - 12/09/04 08:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I am not a doctor, but he should see a doctor. This might have been a short epileptic/seizure burst.

It is never normal to have fainting spells. Something is bodily wrong with him and the drug combi w/ heavy drinking likely triggered it.
But again, he should see a doctor. Sudden loss of consciousnrss is a serious thing.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Fainting: normal? [Re: Siphersh]
    #3469482 - 12/09/04 08:25 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It sounds to me like he was dehydrated. He needs to be drinking water throughout everything if he's going to be combining drugs like that, and also eating enough. That's really not cool to be irresponsible with your body. Drink more water :thumbup:

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fainting: normal? [Re: Asante]
    #3469531 - 12/09/04 08:37 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

A doctor can't help him or tell him what happened. I don't see any benefits for going to a doctor.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Fainting: normal? [Re: Annom]
    #3469546 - 12/09/04 08:43 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

all the doctor is going to say is don't do drugs and drink water :shrug:

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fainting: normal? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3469564 - 12/09/04 08:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

and send a nice bill!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Fainting: normal? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3469592 - 12/09/04 09:01 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

all the doctor is going to say is don't do drugs and drink water

Or he'll say: you've got cardiac arhytmia and a murmur, I'll make an appointment for an electrocardiogram. can someone drive you?

It isn't normal that somebody faints. Lots of hyperthermic dehydrated partypeople on a ton of drugs don't faint. Sudden loss of consciousness is a very serious sign. Usually it's a sudden drop in bloodpressure, a heart disturbance or a seizure-type thing.

Hard drinking temporarily weakens the heart muscle which may make pre-existing conditions emerge from obscurity. It can lower the seizure treshold importantly if it were already low to begin with.
No mention of mushrooms needs be made, merely the hard drinking is sufficient.
There is no way we can say it is OK.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3469606 - 12/09/04 09:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

all the doctor is going to say is don't do drugs and drink water

Or he'll say: you've got cardiac arhytmia and a murmur, I'll make an appointment for an electrocardiogram. can someone drive you?

He'll never say that if you tell him to whole drug story and tell him it only lasted for 10seconds. I've seen people faint from seeing blood and because of heat, it's not that weird.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3469612 - 12/09/04 09:08 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

There is no way we can say it is OK.

I agree... but a doctor can't tell him he's OK either.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Fainting: normal? [Re: Annom]
    #3469629 - 12/09/04 09:14 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Fainting can be one of a cluster of symptoms only a doctor can identify. My trip to the intensive care unit naturally sensitizes me to the issue but only a doctor can diagnose a possible illness.

No good doctor is going to take "i drank alot of booze and little water" as a reason for fainting without atr least asking a few probing diagnostic questions we wouldn't even think of.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlineseethe303
enthusiast

Loc: over the rainbow
    #3469742 - 12/09/04 09:48 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have fainted before on mushrooms, and so have a few of my friends. I'm pretty sure there have been threads here before discussing this, and I even think I remember reading within the last two weeks that some 'more experienced' shroomers around here had to quit because of fainting issues. IMO it has something to do with blood pressure.

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Loc: U.K.
    #3469783 - 12/09/04 10:01 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ya ive seen fainting on shrooms and it wasn`t one person either, 2 people collapsed within 15secs of each other, heres the story....

Me and 2 friends ate 10g fresh coplandia (i`ll call em A and G) and a 3rd friend ate 20g (10g then 10g hr-1.5hrs later, i`ll call him J).
Trip was fine, we had all had about 2 drinks b4hand, they were drinking pints of cider and i was drinking my usual whiskey+coke.
We each drank very little alcohol.
2 of my friends (A+J) hadn`t gotten much sleep the last day/night and hadn`t eaten since roughly 10:30am that morning, I had eaten at roughly 2pm that day and had been sleeping fine.

Anyway, after the trip was wearing off, we were still having oevs and cevs just not anywhere near as intence and they decided to eat and said they were very hungry but we all know how boggling to the mind shriooms can be so we ended up talking about food and what we could find to eat for over an hour till eventualy we all went into the kitchen, and drank some water at this point too.
After about 20-30mins in the kitchen my m8 J suddenly fell to the floor and passed out, then my m8 A said "i`m feeling one of those too man,...." then promtly fell and passed out too, I fucking shate my self thinking we were all gonna die (was still trippin remember) and started to black out too, my 3rd friend G was holding himself up by leaning on the kitchen counter, kinda, lost for words. I managed to keep it together though and after 10secs felt ok and started to try to wake my friends up, they came too 10secs later.
They both said they were fine and seemed fine, just a little confused as to why this happened (as was I), A then went and fell asleep on the sofa, J made some toast for everyone, woke up A and he ate some and went back to sleep then we all went to bed basicaly....

There is no way we could ALL have this problem the above poster has said about but heres our theory on that night....

J`s lack of sleep, lack of food and heavy trip took it out of him and he passed out, seeing J pass out caused A`s heart and mind to go into overload and freaked in his head and the mushrooms, since they multiply all emnotion, made this situation worse and caused him to go into overload and faint too since he had sleep depravation and lack of food that day too... seeing 2! of my freiends collapsed in quick succession caused me to go into one too even though my body was fine since it was a huge shock and i was tripping, my head felt like it was going to Explode! multiplying the feeling and load of it on my mind.

Everyone was fine in the end though and no damage was caused :smile:

Just scary as hell :-(

--------------------
Spotted dowhaters shpongled trollywognogs!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Go on! Make a sentance I dare ya! eheheh
If you like UO www.novusopiate.com

Edited by Zirus666 (12/09/04 10:04 AM)

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Fainting: normal? [Re: Zirus666]
    #3469833 - 12/09/04 10:10 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've fainted on mushrooms twice, both times on the come-up.

I also have a tendency to faint though, I've passed out about 6 or 7 times in my life.

--------------------

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Fainting: normal? [Re: Noviseer]
    #3470253 - 12/09/04 11:45 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've blacked out on shrooms before. Never hit the floor, but I've gotten close to fainting. Usually my blackouts are while sitting, fortunately. A few times I've stood up and everything started spinning and I knew I was about to go down, so I'd sit and then I'd come to.

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: Fainting: normal? [Re: Supernova]
    #3474568 - 12/10/04 01:43 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've fainted twice on mushrooms. Or rather, shortly after mushroom come downs.
Both times i was dehydrated.
I never worried about it too much. Should i be worried?

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Offlinespreaded
always beprepared

Loc: outer rim of space
    #3475339 - 12/10/04 09:18 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It happens man. Ive passed out (slipped out??) at a show before, only for a few seconds though..... it was F-n intense, like undescribable. Im glad i came too in my seat though..I was standing front row on the balcony without a good rail,so the only thing i could say to myself when it all went white was "fall backwards".. it worked, im alive, and glad.

--------------------
I set into a downward spiral, Caught an illness that was literally viral -WP

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder