Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation >> Mushroom Cultivation Archive >> Substrates

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Paul Stamets, Petri Dish, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

Loc: Tokyo,Japan
Innoculating jars with popcorn.
    #3469180 - 12/09/04 08:26 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Questions. How do you inoculate the jars filled with popcorn using a syringe? I mean, the popcorn kernels are all filled to about 3/4 of the jar. If I make holes on the lids, the needle probably woulnd't go all the way down and touch the kernels. Is it alright to just squirt the water onto the popcorn through the holes?

--------------------
I never supposed for the love of me that it would all be so vivid.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: HydroSmurf]
    #3469212 - 12/09/04 08:45 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

yes

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3469274 - 12/09/04 09:24 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Yep squirt the spors in there, shake well, inubate @ 80-85 and check on it in 10 days, should be done.  :thumbup:

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3469339 - 12/09/04 09:44 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Yes it will be okay .
You could also invert the jar (upside down) and squirt in the solution , be quick , you will be fighting gravity , so between each inoc spot flip the jar .
Good Luck

Ps next time fill jars just a tad more  :wink:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: tripndicular]
    #3469354 - 12/09/04 09:47 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Why would a person want to fight gravity, when one could simply let it work to there advantage?

Inoculating a jar upside down is retarded to say the least.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinedjred

Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3469396 - 12/09/04 10:02 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

10 days..hmm half pints in my incubator are going..been a over a week and they still aren't half done yet. but that could be my fault i guess..who knows each situtation is diff..i would bank on about 2 weeks..popcorn seems slow at first to grow..but spreading is going nicely.

Invisibletripndicular

#3469426 - 12/09/04 10:10 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

IMHO to get more than just a few kernels on top inoced , that is just me though , just an idea one may consider to use . It is not like it will just pour out onto the floor .

Personally I would get syringes with removable needles and use longer needles , but not all folks have access to such things .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: djred]
    #3469428 - 12/09/04 10:11 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

10 days is my average for all grains, besides popcorn, popcorn you can count on 20, but it sure does flush good.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3469440 - 12/09/04 10:14 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Hello guys

I am an agar fan, klol the user I mean. And I like his method. He inoculates at 5 points in the jar. One in the middle and 4 at the sides.

He does not shake. IMHO this way you can put more grain in your jar as well.

PIcture here

--------------------

Offlinedjred

Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3469455 - 12/09/04 10:20 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

yeah well shaking the spores isn't going to hurt nothing. you want to spread those spores out.as far as 5 injecting sites on grains..um each to thier on..i can see that helping..but if ya want fast growth then just use karo myc..

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3469464 - 12/09/04 10:21 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Why would anyone want to do that? I understand that agar is an educated member of the mush cult forum. But why not leave 2 inches of shake room, and inoculate in a single hole (reducing risk of contams) and shake the spores all ever the entire jar? :confused:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3469502 - 12/09/04 10:29 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

The whole concept of this place (shroomery) is to share ideas . What works for one may not work for others , some may like it some may not , you decide... but bashig ideas that are "intelligent" is plain old stupid inmy eyes , and shows ones willingness to truly learn . If you do not want to learn ... go play with mommy or daddy !

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3469526 - 12/09/04 10:36 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Agreed on the idea bashing.

I just like agars idea and im gonna try that method.

DJ sure karo/liquid culture is always faster then spore inoc even faster the G2G.

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3469552 - 12/09/04 10:47 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i don't recall anyone bashing anyones ideas..who where? maybe i should scroll up huh?

Offlinedjred

#3469560 - 12/09/04 10:49 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

ok we speaking about phsyco.. he's right.. why mess with 5 injection points when they call for clean wipe after each site? spores are going to travel through the wbs anyhow unless you do like me  it swells all the way to the lid :smile: but each to thier own some say 10 days on grains i beg to differ..but then my set isn't the next's man set up..

Invisibletripndicular

#3469577 - 12/09/04 10:57 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

The whole concept of multiple injection sites is ...
The more points of inoc the faster more successful colonization of what ever the media being inoced .
The concept of not shaking after inoc , is to not beat up the spores , allowing them to settel into place , nice and cozy like .
It is okay to "disagree" with someones methods , and idealoloigies , but to come off like you know it all , and insult others exp is foolish , and in time nobody will care to help you when you really need it , this applies to more than mush tek IMO !

Long live learning , agar(the man and media) , the shroomery !  :cool: :thumbup: And good ideas , we can all learn from !

Trip n D

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3469584 - 12/09/04 10:58 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
The whole concept of this place (shroomery) is to share ideas . What works for one may not work for others , some may like it some may not , you decide... but bashing ideas that are "intelligent" is plain old stupid inmy eyes , and shows ones willingness to truly learn . If you do not want to learn ... go play with mommy or daddy !

I'm not trying to stir up shit. you are. I want intelligent responses from intelligent people, that people is obviously not you. Because all you can think of is that I'm being an asshole. You are wrong, I want to hear why injecting spores in 5 different holes of a shakeable grain jar is better than injecting spores in one hole of a shakeable grain jar.

What are the pros of doing such a thing mushroomfreind, agar must have explained them to you for you to advocate this so much.

You guys hang out in otd too often, always worried someone is bashing you and shit.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3469594 - 12/09/04 11:02 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Read Trip n D's post again.

Its no coincidence slut that people think you show disrespect / dont show respect. Its ok to have different opinions but the way you jump at people sometimes just....

Yeah sometimes just really sucks. :grin:

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3469598 - 12/09/04 11:03 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

um well i think your the one who is taking this way beyond where it was meant to go brother..sorry mate..but nobody is acting like anything, to the point of that they who ever it is knows everything about growing. take a chill pill brother..don't get so worked up.. I'm just agreeing with pyshco, on certain points he made out. not that agar is wrong. nor you nor pyscho hell its just mushrooms.. but yes I'm going to leave this conversation alone after this point. drop it..and lets move on to more agreeable issues.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3469600 - 12/09/04 11:04 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
The whole concept of multiple injection sites is ...
The more points of inoc the faster more successful colonization of what ever the media being inoced .
The concept of not shaking after inoc , is to not beat up the spores , allowing them to settel into place , nice and cozy like .
It is okay to "disagree" with someones methods , and ideologies , but to come off like you know it all , and insult others exp is foolish , and in time nobody will care to help you when you really need it , this applies to more than mush tek IMO !

Long live learning , agar(the man and media) , the shroomery !  :cool: :thumb up: And good ideas , we can all learn from !

Trip n D

I do not agree, why would spores settling in help anything. When I inject 1 cc of spore solution into my single injection site, and shake the spores all over the grain, they have plenty of time to settle after the shake. Of course your 5 injection site spore and time wasting method will work fine, but why do all that unnecessary needle flaming and spore injecting?

I know, I know, what works for me does not work for the next guy, blah.

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3469608 - 12/09/04 11:07 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

lol pyscho ..put that flame out..lol um i agree i wouldn't flame after each site anyhow.. so i would be doomed.and what ever happen to good old alcohol? i sterelize my needle with it suck it up swish it around spit it out..suck up water then spit it out .wa... .la.. clean needle.. all we used to do when i was using meth to clean the needle after using it..:O

Invisibletripndicular

#3469610 - 12/09/04 11:08 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I'm stirring up shit ........??????????? :confused:
I never tried to "force " any ideas on you ! :crazy2:
Think you are an asshole ........ would never waste my time making such a judgement ! :thumbdown: So now you are a cyber mind reader huh ???????? :rolleyes:
You have'nt a clue what I think ! :evil:
OTD drop in raRELY just to fuck off :thumbup: , but they are okay , kinda fun group , stop bashing dude , you got some reaL issues dude , seek professional help !

Mushroom friend is a student to the hobby , and willing to try to learn .
Agar is very wise and an excellent mentor for all ! :cool: :thumbup: :smile: He has forgotten more than you will ever learn in your entire lifetime IMHO !

HEY ...Is that your daddy calling you , better run on home now !
Asta .......

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3469617 - 12/09/04 11:10 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I'm with DJ on this one. In a few months when you children REALLY know how to grow mushrooms, you will realize how much spores and time you've wasted on injecting 5 holes of a grain jar.

I believe you are getting faster colonization times because of the amount of spores you are injecting, not because you have 5 injection sites, try putting 5cc's spore solution in a single hole, shake your grain, and witness the speed of shook grain.  :grin:

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3469622 - 12/09/04 11:12 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

your not american..i can tell..lol sorry guy us americans we tend to be rebels..lol ..see look at your post brother..its full of just fussy ness..man chill bro.. type what huh? we are not in college bro..

were on a web site..about growing mushrooms... get it.. got it?

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3469625 - 12/09/04 11:13 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I don't give a damn how much Agar knows in any-ones lifetime, injecting in 5 holes of a grain jar is insane, and I'm sticking to it.

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3469630 - 12/09/04 11:14 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

man i love the shroomery...:)

Offlinedjred

#3469634 - 12/09/04 11:16 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

battle of the shrooms...

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3469640 - 12/09/04 11:18 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

This is what its about, and these newbs think im being an immature asshole. All im doing is trying to get the true facts to sink in, but they just dont get it at all.  :rolleyes: :wink:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3469641 - 12/09/04 11:19 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

djred said:
your not american..i can tell..lol sorry guy us americans we tend to be rebels..lol ..see look at your post brother..its full of just fussy ness..man chill bro.. type what huh? we are not in college bro..

were on a web site..about growing mushrooms... get it.. got it?

Get it got it ??????/
You are wrong , born right here in USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm just sick of this little bi-polar fool acting like he knows all and trying to piss me off , wont happpen !
Later children , I'm off to can more mushies !

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3469643 - 12/09/04 11:20 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

djred said:
man i love the shroomery...:)

100% agreed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Those are wise words you can take to the bank !!!!!!!!!

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3469644 - 12/09/04 11:20 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Psycho really you have some bad vibes dude, what goes up must come down, what you send comes back at yah...

The way you "speak", calling Trips ideas "retarded to say the least" is just throwing shit. The energy in your post IS often BASHY. You probably arent aware of it otherwise you wouldnt act like that.

Anyway that shit will come back to you, in one form or the other... To make you aware, and just because it is YOUR shit.

Ive seen you doing it so often, to me, to others now to TriPnD again.

You act with an attitude like you think you know it all but as long as you dont grow 125 grammers Id rather listen to people like agar. :grin:

Even IF you were the king of the hill, if you would still bring your "information" (or DATA :lol: ) in the dirty way you do now, still people will not accept it. Maybe some shitlovers... lol

Rehearsel:
Its not WHAT you say but HOW you say things. With your dirty HOW people dont give a fuck about your WHAT.

Dont throw YOUR shit at other people, you get it back, the law of balance, justice....  :sun:

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3469649 - 12/09/04 11:21 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I dont know it all, at all. But I sure as hell know enough to know that injecting into five holes of a grain jar is a silly waste of time, and spores.

You will know that soon too, after youve actually done some cultivation for yourself.

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3469653 - 12/09/04 11:22 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

well im glad to hear trip d..not tyring to call you out.. just you get worked up over nothing.. you can't expect to like what everyone has to say..and regards to that we aint children by no means..so get your lalala  head out of your ass.:) sorry bro, im kool with ya just giving ya shit..

Offlinedjred

#3469654 - 12/09/04 11:23 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

how the hell does he have all those trade ratings then?

Edited by djred (12/09/04 11:23 AM)

Offlinedjred

#3469660 - 12/09/04 11:25 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

mushroom has a point called what, goes around comes around. but pyscho is only speaking in the idea of, don't make gorwing mushrooms harder then what it has to be maybe?

Invisibletripndicular

#3469666 - 12/09/04 11:27 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
I'm with DJ on this one. In a few months when you children REALLY know how to grow mushrooms, you will realize how much spores and time you've wasted on injecting 5 holes of a grain jar.

I believe you are getting faster colonization times because of the amount of spores you are injecting, not because you have 5 injection sites, try putting 5cc's spore solution in a single hole, shake your grain, and witness the speed of shook grain.  :grin:

Already know ........
Got spores coming out of the ass !!!!!!!!!
Dont waste time on injections any how , maybe that means I have more exp.????
Most likely not , but I am happy with what I know , and if you know I have nothing to offer you for ideas , why not avoid me when you see me ??????????

Got more of these than I know what to do with .......
Want some ????????????? Not gonna happen !!!!!!!!!!
Latelittle dude !

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3469678 - 12/09/04 11:30 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomFriend said:
Psycho really you have some bad vibes dude, what goes up must come down, what you send comes back at yah...

The way you "speak", calling Trips ideas "retarded to say the least" is just throwing shit. The energy in your post IS often BASHY. You probably arent aware of it otherwise you wouldnt act like that.

Anyway that shit will come back to you, in one form or the other... To make you aware, and just because it is YOUR shit.

Ive seen you doing it so often, to me, to others now to TriPnD again.

You act with an attitude like you think you know it all but as long as you dont grow 125 grammers Id rather listen to people like agar. :grin:

Even IF you were the king of the hill, if you would still bring your "information" (or DATA :lol: ) in the dirty way you do now, still people will not accept it. Maybe some shitlovers... lol

Rehearsel:
Its not WHAT you say but HOW you say things. With your dirty HOW people dont give a fuck about your WHAT.

Dont throw YOUR shit at other people, you get it back, the law of balance, justice....  :sun:

I understand what you are talking about to the fullest, I'm sorry i sound like an asshole. It gets me fired up that you guys wont look at this logically. The point of Injecting spores in 5 holes, is to get spores on as many pieces of grain as possible. The same point can be achieved by more simply injecting spores into a single hole, and shaking the jar.

If you wish to waste time and spores, that is your prerogative, I'm just trying to lay out some facts. Hopefully someone with a little higher standing reputation on these boards will chime in and put this argument to rest.

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3469681 - 12/09/04 11:31 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

pmp set up? nice looking but, so you have a shroom? man any monkey could grow shrooms..haha should i say cow..lol all good trip d nice pic bro ..pyshco put some of your crops up? wanna see some pics

Invisibletripndicular

#3469682 - 12/09/04 11:31 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

djred said:
how the hell does he have  all those trade ratings then?

Becasue they are real ...............or maybe just Satan ????????
No I am a generous fool to those who deserve it , that is why all those sweet rates exist , same with the gens , that or I have a lot of folks fooled  :wink:
Only those who are worthy get to know !

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3469685 - 12/09/04 11:33 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

hey man this is what is called fair balanced debate..good shit..

Invisibletripndicular

#3469696 - 12/09/04 11:37 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I guess folks call it PMP , but in reality it was not cheap !
That was just a pic of one of many , dont like having to much evidence lying around ! :wink:
Do not believe in bragging , just wanted to show was not a liar , I know how to grow mushies of all sorts .......
I am by no means a "pro" , "vet" , just a student and learner , and love the hell outta watching them grow !

I ALSO HATE injection method of growing so fill in the blanks ! :wink:

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3469699 - 12/09/04 11:38 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

djred said:
pmp set up? nice looking but, so you have a shroom? man any monkey could grow shrooms..haha should i say cow..lol all good trip d nice pic bro ..pyshco put some of your crops up? wanna see some pics

The point of this thread (i hope) is not for me and tripndick to compare our crops. We are discussing the most efficient way to get a fully colonised jar of grain the fastest. Im not going to sit here and post a bunch of pictures of mushrooms and be like hahahahaha look see toldya my way is teh 1337. I dont need pictures to prove my point, anyone with half knowledge of mush cult will read my words (however assholish they may be) and know that i speak the truth.

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3469701 - 12/09/04 11:39 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

huh? you don't do injecting?spores then what is your method for kncoking up jars bags what have ya?

Offlinedjred

#3469707 - 12/09/04 11:40 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

man i just wanna see a pic thats all ..nothing to do with trip d

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3469710 - 12/09/04 11:41 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
I guess folks call it PMP , but in reality it was not cheap !
That was just a pic of one of many , dont like having to much evidence lying around ! :wink:
Do not believe in bragging , just wanted to show was not a liar , I know how to grow mushies of all sorts .......
I am by no means a "pro" , "vet" , just a student and learner , and love the hell outta watching them grow !

I ALSO HATE injection method of growing so fill in the blanks ! :wink:

You hate injection, i suppose this means you like g2g, yay we have found something to agree on.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3469734 - 12/09/04 11:47 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

djred said:
huh? you don't do injecting?spores then what is your method for kncoking up jars bags what have ya?

When I first got into the hobby (6yrs ago) I learned agar work .
Tried injections for a few months , did not like it , not gratifing enough , hate having needles around , more to explain if ever things got ugly ... if you know what I mean ?
So went back to agar and will stay there , much more satisfying to do that way for me . Nothing like taking just a smear of a print and watching it grow , then to hand pick the strain and issolate it ........ ahhhhh its geting me all horny now  :wink: Gotta do some more petris or I'm gonna explode ! It has become an addiction as you can see ... agar is for me ! Not the man in this case the media !
From there I inoc grain , g2g's , clones .... inoc of bulk , or just plain ol case grain . Lots of choices IMHO .

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3469751 - 12/09/04 11:52 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

djred said:
man i just wanna see a pic thats all ..nothing to do with trip d

It has to do with me ........
Sure you want to see it ??????????

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3469788 - 12/09/04 12:02 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Agar work sounds neat, I have never done it. I think ill give it a go.

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3469834 - 12/09/04 12:10 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

yayayaya pics..see real simple..yeah agar work looks nice. then you get to watch the myc grow. then you can decide the growth that you like best? in which you transfer to grains.. so when everyhting is said and done i have mushies..prints are easy..i've done prints using wild shrooms just to practice. karo isn't a decent way of growing?

Offlinedjred

#3469841 - 12/09/04 12:11 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i bet those growth times are a hella alot quicker then waiting it to spread in jars.

Invisibletripndicular

#3469879 - 12/09/04 12:18 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Never tried it , but many swear by the karo teks .
Better watch how you say that , folks may string you up for such a comment ! :wink:
What is real nice is once you found an excellent strain , you can long term store it for future use , AND you have an idea what the results will be from the new crops started by strains you already have stored .
One spore print can make hundreds of petris , verses one-three meassly little jars of grain via injection . That is just MO not engraved in stone fact !

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3469907 - 12/09/04 12:24 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

djred said:
i bet those growth times are a hella alot quicker then waiting it to spread in jars.

Once you have a truly issolated strain , especially if you picked it for speed , HELL yeah . But enviros always play a factor , no matter what strain you pick . I try to select for willingness to fruit . But it does take 3-10 days for germ , then up to 2 weeks to issolate , then another week or so to colonize grain fully ............... So time can be equal , just depends on a lot of other factors , enviros , contams etc..........
Fastest I have seen yet has been from spore to dish, to grain, to cased tray ,ready to birth in about 3.5 weeks ! Then 5-10 days to fruit . Not bad IMO !

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3469931 - 12/09/04 12:32 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

yup i have a good size bag of wbs i did last night..knocked it with karo amazon..around 9 to 10 cc of liquid growth.. plus i have in another incu, 2 pint of cambodias 4 half pints of amazon..so i have alot of fucking shit to figure out where and how im going to case fruit it..

hopefully the bag which is my main concern will take couple of weeks or more to fully colonize..i was going to do another bag prob around 5 lbs worth of wbs..but i think i might be getting in over my head..

i have a martha type set up www.beermachine.com its my shroom machine..:) but it's only a 2.5 gallon size..i can throw the substrate in the chamber. no worries about using a container inside of it. but i don't think i have enough substrate of one kind to be worth the time to fruit with using the shroom machine..

i can mix popcorn and wbs together for casing since they are both amazons?
i think thats all i have to say.. i

Edited by djred (12/09/04 12:33 PM)

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3469953 - 12/09/04 12:38 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Nice pics TriPnD! :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3469961 - 12/09/04 12:40 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Did I st.. st ... stutter when I read that you said karo was "not" decent ?
Or did you typo ??????????  :wink:

PS sorry to origianl poster , did not mean to hi jack your post , hope you got some valuable info any ways , like who is biggest "a hole " ,thats ME !!!!!!!
Self proclaimed and stinking up the hole damn place ! :wink:

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3470025 - 12/09/04 12:57 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

nope i think you took it the wrong way..asking if you don't use injecting then would you say that karo is worth using instead of spores? but anyhow ..karo rocks..sorry for the miss lead..

Offlinedjred

#3470044 - 12/09/04 01:01 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

yeah its kinda sounded like i was saying karo isn't a good way to grow..but i asked in a question form??????? so im asking is karo not a good way to grow? so mr... your welcome..but since you don't do karo then your reply is invalid..

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3470094 - 12/09/04 01:12 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I sure as hell hope after all that b-s the original poster has figured out how to inoculate popcorn. I would hate to think that all that bull shit was a waste of time, hell this thread is one for the archives.

Let the people decide what is best.

I'm sure at least somebody here learned something from this thread.  :thumbup:

Like i learned allot of people in mush cult think im an asshole, thats about it :shrug: lol

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3470115 - 12/09/04 01:18 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

man this thread should help out alot of people karo ,is the easiest way to go.. biol some jars of karo light . i use about 1 tblspoon or so of karo to 100ml water..boil light for 30 minutes take out kool.then wait about a week for good growth.. my popcorn half pint's did over 10 days ago,they are not done but look good..

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3470118 - 12/09/04 01:18 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

The original poster now has got a variety of inoculation methods, and different ways of multi spore inocs he can try...

Like the beloved 5 squirts in the grainjar tek! :grin: :lol:

Actually that is a solution if you per say want your needle IN the substrate.. The "shake tek" does not allow that high level of grain. And that was his question in the first place if I am not wrong? :confused:

Tralalalalala :laugh: :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3470120 - 12/09/04 01:18 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

more then one way to skin a cat...

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3470132 - 12/09/04 01:21 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I use to say: many ways that lead to Rome, and both a Volkswagen and a Ferrari will bring you there, with the volkswagen bringing you the best sight seeing travel trip, the Ferrari brings you speed... :P

Ow and living in Europe helps a lot... :lol:

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3470180 - 12/09/04 01:33 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

So your point is five hole inoculation is a Volkswagen, and the one hole and shake method is a Ferrari?

MUAHAHAHHAHA

--------------------

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3470209 - 12/09/04 01:38 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Wow...this thread sure moved on pretty fast. Haven't read all yet, anyway, I just soaked popcorn awhile ago. Gonna leave it for 24 hours before I simmer and all.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3470217 - 12/09/04 01:40 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

You had better read every last word!

lol  :smile: :tongue:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3470229 - 12/09/04 01:41 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

djred said:
yeah its kinda sounded like i was saying karo isn't a good way to grow..but i asked in a question form??????? so im asking is karo not a good way to grow?  so mr... your welcome..but since you don't do karo then your reply is invalid..

I knew what you meant , just making sure you did  :wink:
And yes my opinon would be worthless  :tongue:, never tried karo an anything but pan cakes  :tongue: I'll stick with boysenberry ! :wink:
Thinking of it , but have not gotten around to trying it out , kinda stuck in the agar rut I spose , why fix it if not broken ?
I hear many folks swear by it though .

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3470238 - 12/09/04 01:42 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

djred said:

And eat it too !!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :wink:

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3470252 - 12/09/04 01:45 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
Quote:

djred said:

And eat it too !!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :wink:

:yesnod: tabby chilli

--------------------

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

#3470279 - 12/09/04 01:50 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
I dont know it all, at all. But I sure as hell know enough to know that injecting into five holes of a grain jar is a silly waste of time, and spores.

:thumbup:

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: Llamanose]
    #3470406 - 12/09/04 02:12 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I hope more people will voice there own opinion on this subject.

Agar, are you going to show up?

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3470430 - 12/09/04 02:18 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

yeah im surpirsed that he hasn't voiced a thought in this subject..man im bored. i want my jars to finsih up ..um should i start another batch of jars..hmm..picke dup 12 half pints for 5 dollars..wanting to get those going. but then im starting to relaize thats alot of work..lol

Invisibletripndicular

#3470447 - 12/09/04 02:21 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

He is too smart for pissing contests , promotes contams  :wink:
Lazy bastard ... get growing ! :wink:
Move up to qts , do not have to make them so often that way . :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3470456 - 12/09/04 02:24 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i do have some qaurt jars but i all ready bought those damn half [pints..ok fuck it im going to get those big ones going..less space..they are some prego jars...lol naw fuck those prego jars..that would take forever trying to get those grains out..

Edited by djred (12/09/04 02:27 PM)

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
    #3470500 - 12/09/04 02:35 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
10 days is my average for all grains, besides popcorn, popcorn you can count on 20, but it sure does flush good.

Man, wtf is up with popcorn, for real.
I've heard so many mixed things about popcorn, but mainly and most often that it is a faster colonizer than rye, but it fruits weaker.

In my experience, popcorn colonizes about just as fast as rye, maybe a little faster, but spores definitely didn't germinate very well on it, and it fell behind because of this, but has caught up quite nicely. I'd highly recommend popcorn for liquid cultures or G2G but not spore noc. These are just from my limited experience.

The reason I pry is because popcorn fuckin owns, but it is more expensive and I'd rather have a slow colonizer than a weak fruiter. I just love it so much because of how clean and easy it is, but the shroomies are what I want, not fast myc.

Invisibletripndicular

#3470511 - 12/09/04 02:38 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Use sterilized fork or knife to break up .
Classico jars are better IMHO , much better tasting sauce too  :wink:
I say better jar becasue they are "mason" brand , tough som bitches . But they to have narrow necks ........ FORK !!!!!!!!

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3470518 - 12/09/04 02:41 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Ive noticed IME with popcorn that you need to simmer it longer than most grains, the shell is more dense than the other grains IMO, so you need to simmer longer to get a good moisture content and also mycel appreciates cracked open kernels I've noticed.

I don't know though man, for me popcorn just takes a hellofa long time to colonize, like ill inoculate a popcorn jar, and a birdseed jar at the same time, at 6 days the birdseed is 50% where that damn popcorn just now germinated.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3470531 - 12/09/04 02:44 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Ever try groats ?
I tell ya what Malabars so far love the shit outta that stuff .
Early to tell , but so far with half pinters g2g'd coverd the shit in 5 days , now at day 10 and ready to move on . No idea how fruits yet , but myc is sweet looking , looks like some happy shit to me .
Here is pic of 5 day , never been shakin ......

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3470575 - 12/09/04 02:56 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

graots? yeah my popcorn took forever to germ then i added some liquid and boom they took off. im just ready to case my shit and get rolling as soon as my wbs is done..patience.. i did my jars last monday night i think it was..week before..sounds about right..

Invisibletripndicular

#3470609 - 12/09/04 03:02 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah "groats" , where oatmeal comes from > still in the husks . Can be found at bird supply houses , or health food places that sell bulk grains .
Got mine at the bird store , I love that place !

--------------------

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3470657 - 12/09/04 03:16 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Oh yeahh, just finished reading every word of it...Haha, well actually I've been thinking of trying agar. But that would mean I would need alot of stuff. My friend's in college and we might have access to his lab so we might be able to start there. Thing I'm not so sure about it actually making the agar...

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3470658 - 12/09/04 03:16 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Do they get slimey like oat meal?

--------------------

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3470673 - 12/09/04 03:20 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

And what's with this karo tek? Someone please explain???

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3470678 - 12/09/04 03:21 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HydroSmurf said:
Oh yeahh, just finished reading every word of it...Haha, well actually I've been thinking of trying agar. But that would mean I would need alot of stuff. My friend's in college and we might have access to his lab so we might be able to start there. Thing I'm not so sure about it actually making the agar...

IMO is easier than most make it sound . Just do not breath or cough , or let nasties land on dishes  :wink:
Give it a try , you never know what you might find , the person beside you really needs to know .....
Sorry listening to Roy Harper , but it applies ! :wink:
No need to make agar self , can buy in dry form , add water , sterilize , pour and go . Easier IMO , maybe not most cost effective , but what the hell .
Good Luck

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3470688 - 12/09/04 03:22 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
Do they get slimey like oat meal?

No

--------------------

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3470724 - 12/09/04 03:31 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Haha, I'm gonna use Prego jars for my popcorn too. So let's see, I inject the thing. Shake it every 5 days? And wait for it to colonize...Then use a fork to fork out the thing into a casing container? That about right?

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3470758 - 12/09/04 03:38 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Shake at first , especially if only inocing one site .
Let sit till 5% colonized than shake  , leave alone till about 70% colonized , shake again , leave alone till ready to case or g2g or whatever .
BRF no shaking if I'm correct , it does not break up and shake .
Shaking is for grains , popcorn ,rye etc.....
Cakes do not shake  :wink:
Yes if using narrow neck jars , break up at first with a "sterilized fork or knife to get out of the jar .

--------------------

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3470789 - 12/09/04 03:45 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

When you say shake, how exactly do you shake it? Like vigoriously? Or just a little to the left and right? Oh also, sorry to sound like a pain in the ass. But do I actually soak and simmer it till it turns really soft? Soft like edible corn??? It's basically just sitting in spring water at the moment, still another...14 hours before I start simmering it...

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
    #3470798 - 12/09/04 03:47 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Yea, I agree with trip fully on the shaking thing.

Shaking really hurts the myc more than what should be mentioned when advocating shaking. Shaking can set your myc back up to 3 days per shake which ain't helpin shit in the long run. I say shake once around 5-10%, like he said, once there is enough colonized grain to get a good distribution throughout.

Invisibletripndicular

#3470827 - 12/09/04 03:52 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HydroSmurf said:
When you say shake, how exactly do you shake it? Like vigoriously? Or just a little to the left and right? Oh also, sorry to sound like a pain in the ass. But do I actually soak and simmer it till it turns really soft? Soft like edible corn??? It's basically just sitting in spring water at the moment, still another...14 hours before I start simmering it...

In grains situation you have to really get it broken up and redispersed , so you sometimes have to bang it on the palm of your hand or against a tire (old method in TMC) . So yes vigorously , but do not beat the living hell out of it .
And yes beating myc colony to frequently can be way more harmfull than beneficial , weak myc is pron to contaming !

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
    #3470841 - 12/09/04 03:54 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I find that when I shake too much after the myc has got a good hold on my grain I get these annoying lil clumps and balls when it breaks up. Now this myc can't easily spread to other grains and it just plain doesn't look pretty :wink:

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3470874 - 12/09/04 04:00 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I guess that's why trip says shake when 5% and then at 70% huh? Got it...what about the kernels? Anybody know yet whether to let it cook till its really soft like edible corn? Cause it's my first time with popcorn and I'm not sure how soft it should be really...

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3470892 - 12/09/04 04:01 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Depending on what stage we are talking (percentage wise) that can be broken up by slamming against the palm .
That normally happens in later stages , and IMO means stop shaking the shit ! :wink:
Goottta run guys its been fun !
Trip n D

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
    #3470900 - 12/09/04 04:02 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Simmer until some kernels bust, don't go on a time limit. That stuff is much harder to hydrate than are the softer grains.

Invisibletripndicular

#3470912 - 12/09/04 04:04 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HydroSmurf said:
I guess that's why trip says shake when 5% and then at 70% huh? Got it...what about the kernels? Anybody know yet whether to let it cook till its really soft like edible corn? Cause it's my first time with popcorn and I'm not sure how soft it should be really...

Never done the corn thingy , so cant be of true help tp ya . But I am sure like other media , getting moisture content takes awhile to perfect , you do not want it too wet or too dry .
Good Luck Hydro , hope I was of some help .
Trip n D
ps
"May The Mushroom Goddess Bless All Your Endeavors !"

--------------------

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3470917 - 12/09/04 04:05 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

So I guess they have to turn really soft huh? Like squeeze-it-and-it-breaks soft?

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
    #3470938 - 12/09/04 04:07 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

No, it won't get THAT soft. Just wait until some burst, that is the exact indicator that you want. Then after you simmer, rinse it off, popcorn doesn't really require a good rinse, then let it drain. I spread mine out on a towel and it dries very quickly like that. After its dry to the point where it's not dripping at all, pack it up and PC.

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3471024 - 12/09/04 04:19 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I just can't wait really...Haha, thanks alot. Over here popcorn's real cheap and it's probably gonna be the method I'm gonna stick to for quite some time now...Thanks yet again...  :smile:

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
    #3471053 - 12/09/04 04:24 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

How much is it there, it's $.89/pound here.

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3471089 - 12/09/04 04:29 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

The prices are probably the same, but it's just that my friend works for some packaging section for a supermarket (like k or walmart over there) and he can get it for me at half the price. Pretty neat.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3471096 - 12/09/04 04:31 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Have you tried rye? I have not heard of anyone saying popcorn worked better then rye who has tried them both.

Oh and my opinion..any more then one injection point on grains is stupid and asking for problems. It will give you NO and I mean NO, advantage and will open you up for more contams. You shake whole grains which spreads the spores to hundreds of inoculation points from just one, we aren't talking PF Tek here.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinedjred

Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3471285 - 12/09/04 05:08 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

back to sqaure one when someone posted that they do 5 point injection on grains..:)

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3471293 - 12/09/04 05:09 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

No I haven't tried rye. Problem is it's pretty hard to get rye down here. The closest to rye I have ever gotten to is cracked rye. Popcorn is probably the easiest to get around here. Birdseeds and all, I probably have to go far to actually get a hold of.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3471323 - 12/09/04 05:15 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Yes rye can be hard to find, even in the US..I do have to drive an hour each way twice everytime I want to pick up a 50 pound bag of rye for 27 bucks. My girlfriends out that way anyway so not such a big deal for me but still..its a hike. I've been stretching it by mixing in a bit of WBS (like 5 quarts for every 20 of rye) and a bit of verm (about the same as WBS) so I end up with like 30 quarts instead of 20 quarts but getting the nutrients out of rye not found in WBS.

Previously I thought I remembered hearing WBS was better then popcorn but I have yet to try popcorn (because I remembered it was worse then WBS)..perhaps I should try popcorn mixed with my rye instead of WBS if you say it works better when cased directly? Or is it just easier to get ahold of? And how many times have you tried both?

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3471353 - 12/09/04 05:21 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not really sure which grains are better than which. I guess the only way to find out is by trying them out. I haven't gotten ahold of WBS yet so I can't do that, neither can I do rye. I'm hoping oneday I'll get to try them as my grain substrate though. Also planning on trying out agar real soon.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3471355 - 12/09/04 05:21 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HydroSmurf said:
No I haven't tried rye. Problem is it's pretty hard to get rye down here. The closest to rye I have ever gotten to is cracked rye. Popcorn is probably the easiest to get around here. Birdseeds and all, I probably have to go far to actually get a hold of.

I'm back

WBS (wild bird seed ) can be gotten just about anywhere on this planet , drug stores , wal mart, k-mart, osco drugs , wal greens etc..............

I get mine at a feed and grain store that specializes in birds . can be bought in bulk any where from .49 cents a pound up to 1.00\lb .

Rye can be gotten at health food stores , home depot , lowes , and some feed and grain places carry it to .

Keep working with the pop corn for now , but consider grains , you will not be sorry if you do IMHO .

--------------------

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3471375 - 12/09/04 05:25 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

trip, thanks alot. I do plan on going out to search for it, now you just narrowed down my search, haha. Agar though, seems really fascinating. Haha.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
    #3471415 - 12/09/04 05:33 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Do notice he lives in Japan though..could make finding those things harder.

I guess I will try out some popcorn as well..cant hurt.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3471432 - 12/09/04 05:37 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Do notice he lives in Japan though..could make finding those things harder.

I guess I will try out some popcorn as well..cant hurt.

Where there are birds , there are people who like to feed birds also  :wink:
Sorry did not pay attention to the Japan thing .
Seek grasshopper and you shall find !
Hell I use Japanese millet in my mix  :wink: :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by tripndicular (12/09/04 05:38 PM)

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3471465 - 12/09/04 05:42 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Not to be off the topic and all. But I was just wondering. Can you say wrap your casing mix in tin foil and place it in the PC to sterilize it?

--------------------

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3471469 - 12/09/04 05:43 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Haha, you guys want anything from Japan? lol. :laugh:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3471481 - 12/09/04 05:46 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HydroSmurf said:
Not to be off the topic and all. But I was just wondering. Can you say wrap your casing mix in tin foil and place it in the PC to sterilize it?

Better to jar it , in foil you may have problems keeping moisture content right . That or bag it . Plus you would have to use it ASAP , in jars you can store it for weeks before using it .

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: HydroSmurf] * 1
    #3471486 - 12/09/04 05:47 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HydroSmurf said:
Haha, you guys want anything from Japan? lol. :laugh:

Sake and a Geisha would be nice  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3471653 - 12/09/04 06:29 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Sure boy! In my Volkswagen station I have a beautifull wife a lovely daugther and the best dog of the world! :thumbup:
Further we have a tent so we camp where ver we like, fishing rods, etc!

Ow yes and every two hours we stop and picknick for an hour or so and takin it easy. In the mountains of France, in Genova, Pisa, Toscane.... :laugh:

LOL while you and your daddy are walking the streets of Rome, being robbed, drinking cola and taking pictures of churches! :lol:

Ah its a matter of taste so, enjoy your trip! :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3471731 - 12/09/04 06:50 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I just PC-ed popcorn for 50 minutes, rinse drain, put in jars, PC again for an hour and bamba! good colonisation, but shake too much I hurt it got contam in casing as well... :frown:

many people who do it this way (no soak or simmer just PC) I got it from Sweden and I believe the homies there where doin it before folks at the shroomery..

You could always try a jar!

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
    #3471737 - 12/09/04 06:51 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Personally I gotta think that not simmering in any case is bad advice. Simmering owns.

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3471751 - 12/09/04 06:54 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3471767 - 12/09/04 06:57 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Mwah, my popcorn was more then moist enough, the hard fuckers get real moist after PC-ing it almost an hour dude :P

LOL if you are using towels they might be TO moist? :grin:

Btw our valued agar does not rcommend simmering in his WBS tek, dont know why though...
I did WBS today and, after soaking it 16 hours, I did not see an increase in volume after 15-20 minutes simmer.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3471783 - 12/09/04 06:59 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

One injection point squirting in 5 different directions. No extra contam risks at all or must be from the needle being in the hole longer... :p

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3471803 - 12/09/04 07:03 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Some growing dude here says that popcorn lacks things like certain vitamins what BRF for example DOES have.
Also stating that that can affect potency in a negative way.

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3471828 - 12/09/04 07:08 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

huh where you can you buy rye at lowes? i call your bluff. im going to the web site right now..unless your talking about rye grass seed?

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3472042 - 12/09/04 07:53 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomFriend said:
Sure boy! In my Volkswagen station I have a beautifull wife a lovely daugther and the best dog of the world! :thumbup:
Further we have a tent so we camp where ver we like, fishing rods, etc!

Ow yes and every two hours we stop and picknick for an hour or so and takin it easy. In the mountains of France, in Genova, Pisa, Toscane.... :laugh:

LOL while you and your daddy are walking the streets of Rome, being robbed, drinking cola and taking pictures of churches! :lol:

Ah its a matter of taste so, enjoy your trip! :thumbup:

Our cultures are too far different, I find no humor in what you obviously think is hilarious.

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3472128 - 12/09/04 08:11 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

yes you have to understand, other cultures share diff beliefs from us ..oh by the way i found shrooms in my front yard..they grow in the wood logs but some how they transfer ed to the yard they are 1 inch tall golden witha cream middle in the caps..nothing active but yet its shrooms..lol

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3472192 - 12/09/04 08:23 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

You have no sense of humor when you lose huh! :lol:

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
    #3472342 - 12/09/04 08:50 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

That's a pretty dog.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3472605 - 12/09/04 09:33 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I lost, what did I lose, and how did I lose it?

--------------------

OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

#3474235 - 12/10/04 02:13 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:

Sake and a Geisha would be nice  :wink:

I have sake and a geisha to trade. now cherry blossoms season. have cherry blossoms too.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3474756 - 12/10/04 05:13 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Spliffy, That is a matter of TASTE, something which YOU CERTAINLY APPEAR TO HAVE!!! :laugh: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3474758 - 12/10/04 05:14 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

*sigh* you will never learn boy .... :frown:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Paul Stamets, Petri Dish, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation >> Mushroom Cultivation Archive >> Substrates