Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation >> Mushroom Cultivation Archive >> Substrates

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

Loc: Tokyo,Japan
Innoculating jars with popcorn.
    #3469180 - 12/09/04 08:26 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Questions. How do you inoculate the jars filled with popcorn using a syringe? I mean, the popcorn kernels are all filled to about 3/4 of the jar. If I make holes on the lids, the needle probably woulnd't go all the way down and touch the kernels. Is it alright to just squirt the water onto the popcorn through the holes?

--------------------
I never supposed for the love of me that it would all be so vivid.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: HydroSmurf]
    #3469212 - 12/09/04 08:45 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yes

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3469274 - 12/09/04 09:24 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yep squirt the spors in there, shake well, inubate @ 80-85 and check on it in 10 days, should be done.  :thumbup:

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3469339 - 12/09/04 09:44 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yes it will be okay .
You could also invert the jar (upside down) and squirt in the solution , be quick , you will be fighting gravity , so between each inoc spot flip the jar .
Good Luck

Ps next time fill jars just a tad more  :wink:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: tripndicular]
    #3469354 - 12/09/04 09:47 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Why would a person want to fight gravity, when one could simply let it work to there advantage?

Inoculating a jar upside down is retarded to say the least.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinedjred

Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3469396 - 12/09/04 10:02 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

10 days..hmm half pints in my incubator are going..been a over a week and they still aren't half done yet. but that could be my fault i guess..who knows each situtation is diff..i would bank on about 2 weeks..popcorn seems slow at first to grow..but spreading is going nicely.

Invisibletripndicular

#3469426 - 12/09/04 10:10 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

IMHO to get more than just a few kernels on top inoced , that is just me though , just an idea one may consider to use . It is not like it will just pour out onto the floor .

Personally I would get syringes with removable needles and use longer needles , but not all folks have access to such things .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: djred]
    #3469428 - 12/09/04 10:11 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

10 days is my average for all grains, besides popcorn, popcorn you can count on 20, but it sure does flush good.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3469440 - 12/09/04 10:14 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hello guys

I am an agar fan, klol the user I mean. And I like his method. He inoculates at 5 points in the jar. One in the middle and 4 at the sides.

He does not shake. IMHO this way you can put more grain in your jar as well.

PIcture here

--------------------

Offlinedjred

Re: Innoculating jars with popcorn. [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3469455 - 12/09/04 10:20 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

yeah well shaking the spores isn't going to hurt nothing. you want to spread those spores out.as far as 5 injecting sites on grains..um each to thier on..i can see that helping..but if ya want fast growth then just use karo myc..

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3469464 - 12/09/04 10:21 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Why would anyone want to do that? I understand that agar is an educated member of the mush cult forum. But why not leave 2 inches of shake room, and inoculate in a single hole (reducing risk of contams) and shake the spores all ever the entire jar? :confused:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3469502 - 12/09/04 10:29 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The whole concept of this place (shroomery) is to share ideas . What works for one may not work for others , some may like it some may not , you decide... but bashig ideas that are "intelligent" is plain old stupid inmy eyes , and shows ones willingness to truly learn . If you do not want to learn ... go play with mommy or daddy !

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3469526 - 12/09/04 10:36 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Agreed on the idea bashing.

I just like agars idea and im gonna try that method.

DJ sure karo/liquid culture is always faster then spore inoc even faster the G2G.

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3469552 - 12/09/04 10:47 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i don't recall anyone bashing anyones ideas..who where? maybe i should scroll up huh?

Offlinedjred

#3469560 - 12/09/04 10:49 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ok we speaking about phsyco.. he's right.. why mess with 5 injection points when they call for clean wipe after each site? spores are going to travel through the wbs anyhow unless you do like me  it swells all the way to the lid :smile: but each to thier own some say 10 days on grains i beg to differ..but then my set isn't the next's man set up..

Invisibletripndicular

#3469577 - 12/09/04 10:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The whole concept of multiple injection sites is ...
The more points of inoc the faster more successful colonization of what ever the media being inoced .
The concept of not shaking after inoc , is to not beat up the spores , allowing them to settel into place , nice and cozy like .
It is okay to "disagree" with someones methods , and idealoloigies , but to come off like you know it all , and insult others exp is foolish , and in time nobody will care to help you when you really need it , this applies to more than mush tek IMO !

Long live learning , agar(the man and media) , the shroomery !  :cool: :thumbup: And good ideas , we can all learn from !

Trip n D

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3469584 - 12/09/04 10:58 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
The whole concept of this place (shroomery) is to share ideas . What works for one may not work for others , some may like it some may not , you decide... but bashing ideas that are "intelligent" is plain old stupid inmy eyes , and shows ones willingness to truly learn . If you do not want to learn ... go play with mommy or daddy !

I'm not trying to stir up shit. you are. I want intelligent responses from intelligent people, that people is obviously not you. Because all you can think of is that I'm being an asshole. You are wrong, I want to hear why injecting spores in 5 different holes of a shakeable grain jar is better than injecting spores in one hole of a shakeable grain jar.

What are the pros of doing such a thing mushroomfreind, agar must have explained them to you for you to advocate this so much.

You guys hang out in otd too often, always worried someone is bashing you and shit.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3469594 - 12/09/04 11:02 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Read Trip n D's post again.

Its no coincidence slut that people think you show disrespect / dont show respect. Its ok to have different opinions but the way you jump at people sometimes just....

Yeah sometimes just really sucks. :grin:

--------------------

Offlinedjred

#3469598 - 12/09/04 11:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

um well i think your the one who is taking this way beyond where it was meant to go brother..sorry mate..but nobody is acting like anything, to the point of that they who ever it is knows everything about growing. take a chill pill brother..don't get so worked up.. I'm just agreeing with pyshco, on certain points he made out. not that agar is wrong. nor you nor pyscho hell its just mushrooms.. but yes I'm going to leave this conversation alone after this point. drop it..and lets move on to more agreeable issues.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3469600 - 12/09/04 11:04 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
The whole concept of multiple injection sites is ...
The more points of inoc the faster more successful colonization of what ever the media being inoced .
The concept of not shaking after inoc , is to not beat up the spores , allowing them to settel into place , nice and cozy like .
It is okay to "disagree" with someones methods , and ideologies , but to come off like you know it all , and insult others exp is foolish , and in time nobody will care to help you when you really need it , this applies to more than mush tek IMO !

Long live learning , agar(the man and media) , the shroomery !  :cool: :thumb up: And good ideas , we can all learn from !

Trip n D

I do not agree, why would spores settling in help anything. When I inject 1 cc of spore solution into my single injection site, and shake the spores all over the grain, they have plenty of time to settle after the shake. Of course your 5 injection site spore and time wasting method will work fine, but why do all that unnecessary needle flaming and spore injecting?

I know, I know, what works for me does not work for the next guy, blah.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation >> Mushroom Cultivation Archive >> Substrates