Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Gt/Creeps
    #3468638 - 12/09/04 03:06 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

I'm basically doing this to help noobs understand the life-cycle of mushrooms and get some of my Q's anwsered along the way as i go,and it'll probably prove to have a ton of info about growing and such, so sit back, be real and tell it like it is, im ready, lets do this, gl all and all info/comments are appreciated.

Classification: Psilocybe Cubensis
Strain:Creeps And GT's
Substrate\jars: Wbs for the creeps and brf for the gt's
Temp:about 82-85F during incubating and about 72F when i fruit.

inoculation: I innocualted the Brf cakes about 3 wks ago, i used a lighter and some enthol(dislex), i used it because it burns clean. I flamed em, and then had a cotton ball damped with the alcohol, i swiped it with the cotton ball and then put it striaght in and viola.Any better ideas, same for the Wbs any better ideas?.My incubating chamber isn't great I know, it's a suitcase with a heating pad on the bottom, crappy, but it gets the J.O.B done.

Fruting Chamber: I think it's called a PmP but i'm not up with all the vernicular terms yet. It's a 3-liter coke bottle with the top cut off and perlite on the bottom. I really want a TnT but i don't have the room, i'd need something smaller, any ideas? I'm trying to get a heating lamp and use the alien tek in my dad's fish tank but i have to wait till chrismas but any other ideas would be appreicated.

My Brf cakes are colonizing Perfectly, it's been about 3wks and they're about 95% colonized. I'm not sure if I should case or just birth out of the cakes. I've only got 2 pints worth of brf, i'm not sure if a casing would be worth just 2 cakes,what do you guys think? My Wbs however i will def. case. I've got a pint and 3 12oz jars, enough for a casing. What is all of your favoriate casing containers? I have some gladware i was thinking about using or maybe some aluminum tins,and um, what would be a good size for a nice yield in terms of sub. thickness and casing thickness....Well thankx 4 ur imput and gl. I'll update in a couple of days, any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited by IGnosticAbhorI (12/09/04 03:31 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Gt/Creeps [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3468676 - 12/09/04 03:21 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

When I bought all my stuff I bought 2 submersible fishtankheaters.
Now Im gonna use both for incubating, its very easy to maintain a temp of 72F without the sub.

And even if temp falls below 70 at night its no problem at all.
Shrooms even grow below 60 but much slower. But hey my life dont depend on it!

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Gt/Creeps [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3472201 - 12/09/04 08:24 PM (12 years, 10 hours ago)

A foaf's wbs is already coloizing, i inocuated mine 3 days before he did, mine have been incubating for about 9-10 days now. I was wondering how you can tell when there's to much water in the jar besides goo on the bottom. Well i might end up putting in another 1CC but 2CCs seems like a bit much for a pint jar of wbs, what do you guys usually put in, thankx.

Offlineus3fu1idi0t
HomeGrown
 User Gallery

Loc: Living in the Mushrooms w...
Re: Gt/Creeps [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3472229 - 12/09/04 08:29 PM (12 years, 10 hours ago)

sounds good man. You know already that I don't have much experience, but this thread is going to be a great growing guide for my future efforts. GL!

--------------------
Watch out for the smurfs!

Offlinexxduffxx
Shroom Soldier
 User Gallery

Loc: VA
Re: Gt/Creeps [Re: us3fu1idi0t]
    #3472367 - 12/09/04 08:54 PM (12 years, 10 hours ago)

thanks, that helps...

--------------------
Roger Out

Offlinezorak
Stranger
Re: Gt/Creeps [Re: xxduffxx]
    #3474497 - 12/10/04 03:19 AM (12 years, 3 hours ago)

your brf jars are 2 weeks ahead of mine. keep us posted on the progress

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Gt/Creeps [Re: zorak]
    #3495010 - 12/14/04 01:10 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry i havent kept up with the thread, gd moderator banned me,b/s but anyways...Well i used up the rest of my gt spores and my other 2 contamed.They got what looked like lippstick mold. I made a little garden bed in the back yard and i buried them in some verm. mixtue. Nothing special but hopefully when it gets warmer they'll fight off the contams(cakes are really resistant to contams,esp. when you cold shock i.e cold weather) and then i'll have some pinning maybe, even if i couldnt eat them it'd be nice to see something that i scratched turn into something. Well right now i think that my other gt brf cakes are contaming, totally not cool. They have the white mycelium growing but it looks like they are fighting a strange form of cobb webb. I've had cobb webb before, this kind of looks like it but not really. I'm keeping them away from my wbs and im jus observing and watching out for what might happen, so far it kind of looks like smudged out mycelium, has no odor that i can tell, so ill jus have to see if it shows any physical signs or if it smells when its 100% colonized. And my wbs jars are turning out beautiful. I made a 1/2 inch hole(too big, 1/3 to 1/4 is best ive found out, to late tho heh) and i put polyfil in that and then a 2 coffee filters over that and a rubber band to hold them in place. One is looking a bit dry, im guesing b/c it has the biggest hole in it, but its colonizing regardless, i've got 4 12oz jars and 1 pint jar right now, the smaller ones are about 1/3-1/2 of the way done, i've got no more source of heat, my heating pad seems to have gotten this red stuff in it, like its stained, and it looks like what got in my jars , so i think its lipstick mold leftovers, i cant get it out so all my jars are incubating at a cool 74F, way to cold i know, ima try to boost it back up to 82-84F but for now, they're jus left in the cold. I'm thinking of using a dung casing to help increase my yield, next time im going to use a dung substrate b/c that seems like it would help the mycelium more than jus using the dung as a casing...b/c ccasing arent really there for anything other than to retain water...or so ive read....well i'll keep ya'll updated on what goes on....O and does anyone know what would be a good way to get the goo out of my jars? I dont think you can,but i though maybe if i added a bit more solution then perhaps its get overzealous and try to colonize it, ive had the goo colonize kind of before but i ended up cutting it off b/c it didnt look like something u'd want growing on your cake,lol. Thankx all and enjoi, all imput is welcome.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Perlite, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation