Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Upgrading bags, few questions
    #3467965 - 12/09/04 12:44 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, so I am getting tired of my old 2-liter bottle top method for my bags and was thinking about upgrading. Just have a few questions.

What is the best glue to use when gluing on filter patches that handle PCing? And do you think its best to glue it on the inside or outside of the bag?

Is it best since you now have flat bags to place them evenly on top of each other while PCing, or does covering the patch with another bag cause issues, in turn a spacing between them must be made.

Do vacuum bags cause issues due to the mesh they are made out of that allows for the vacuum seal?

Is it safe to vacuum seal casing material for long periods of time? Sealing below the patch to remove all air? Since it is sterilized it shouldn't, and I have had success with it, but haven't tried long term storage.

Is it safe to vacuum seal bulk? I would think not due to the fact that it will kill off the good bacteria in there.

I am trying to take a few days and make enough pre-made casing and bulk bags so I can toss them in a tube and have supplies for a long period of time. Plus I already have a vacuum and sealer and access to cheap rolls of make it yourself bags. I would like to have a tub of sealed and ready to use pre-made stuff that my friend can continue work while I am on vacation while tossing the extra finished WBS bags into the fridge for when I return.

Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoe, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation