Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLifenergy
Yo Mama

Please Submit Kratom Dosages And Preparations
    #3467373 - 12/08/04 10:54 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

I'd like to get an idea of the average dose that the various people here ingest when they use kratom, and the resulting effect. It would be beneficial if you included the type of kratom you are using (ie- leaf, premium leaf, resin extract, etc), and the method of ingestion. If you use kratom often, this should be noted as well, since there is a tolerance factor. Whenever possible please identify any other substance or medication you have taken that may have altered the experience. I am planning on acquiring as many different forms of this from as many different places as possible, and bioassaying them to find the best effects/methods.

Another question, what do you think the difference is between "premium" kratom leaf and regular kratom leaf that is sold by kratom vendors?

Thank you to all who reply. :rasta:

--------------------
Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: Please Submit Kratom Dosages And Preparations [Re: Lifenergy]
    #3467766 - 12/09/04 12:10 AM (12 years, 3 days ago)

Lets just say you get what you pay for. The best experience that I have had was with an extract that was cooked for a long time in plain water and then cooked down to a powder. It was actually an attempt at making a smokable putty that got cooked down too much. I took a pretty heft dose at the end. I had 25g worth that a friend of mine and I were parachuting in combination with HBWR seeds. GREAT COMBO! At the end I took a good sized dose (note we took it all I took maybe a little more than half over the corse of the night) anyways we went to a barshow and saw this band called Moonshine Still. i was on the nod so hard I couldn't keep my eyes open for more than maybe 5-10 min. I would have bad ass CEVs and fall out for 20 min at a time.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #3469114 - 12/09/04 07:47 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

I found 8-12g of the mrkratom stuff a very very nice recreational dose.
Sometimes i would just lie in bed awake, unable to sleep yet vividly dreaming. Seriously cool stuff :heart:.

A bowl of good hash at the peak made it even more interesting. :wink:

My method was usually mix the powder with boiled water in an expresso cup and chug that vile stuff in one or two shots.
I also tried parachuting the powder but the dose is too large for that to be practical. And dumping the powder in my mouth and chasing with hot tea, but i disliked the powder getting stuck all over my mouth.

Kratom is a very interesting plant. I sincerely hope no one gets addicted/OD's and messes it up for the rest of us.
I decided not to inform anyone IRL other than my close friends about the virtues of this herb.

I think it may be very good for acid/shroom comedowns but didn't have the chance to trip while i had kratom. I'll try that at the NYE with some L.

OfflineGoaM
damaged
 User Gallery

Loc: khole
Re: Please Submit Kratom Dosages And Preparations [Re: esin]
    #3469201 - 12/09/04 08:37 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Yep. I'm keeping quite about this one too. It's gonna be scheduled because it's fun (abuse potential). Not because its dangerous. And yes it probably is addictive. Just not as bad as opiates. But I hope takes awhile before it snowballs into press and government attention. I hope we have a year or two yet.

I liked about three level tablespoons of MrKratom powder in boiling water. After gagging down the vile sludge I would nod a bit and dream to music. Felt a bit nauseous too, so I had to lay down. But quite pleasurable. I like having my Mu receptors tweaked.  :smile:

Tweaker

--------------------

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#3498188 - 12/14/04 05:53 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Today I had my third experience with kratom.
All three were using kratom from Mr. Kratom, and were seperated by a period of about 2 weeks.

The first time, I drank about 3-3.5 grams of kratom sludge. Boiled the powder with water for about 30 minutes, and drank it down.
The effects were pleasant but very mild and short lived.

The second time, I used about 7 grams to prepare tea as follows:
I put the kratom in a tea bag. I boiled with water for about 20 minutes. I removed the tea bag, and tasted the water. I put fresh water on the teabag, and boiled again. I repeated until the taste of the resulting tea was fairly mild, 4 or 5 boilings in all.
This dose had very pleasant effects. I was active, and felt quite good.

Today, I used an espresso machine to prepare about 18 grams, split between two people. I repeated the extraction 4 times with the same material, before combining and drinking the liquid. The first and second times through, the tea was milky (presumably the concentration was high enough that alkyloids fell out of solution and formed a suspension); the third time, the tea looked more or less like tea, and tasted very bitter. I combined the first three runs and drank with honey while i ran some more steam through the powder. The fourth batch of tea was transparent and not all that bitter.
One thing I might change in the future is that when I cleaned out the machine, the kratom had formed a hard mass that pulled slightly away from the sides of the filter; it could be more efficient to break up the kratom after the third run, though thtis might not have any effect.

I had a mild upset stomach before I drank the tea, probably from lunch.
The effects were very heavy and I felt nauseous, and I layed down for about 2.5 hours without sleeping. I got up, was active for a few minutes though I felt quite poor, and then puked. This was not particularly unpleasant, and I felt better after.
Overall, an intense and moderately pleasent experience. Next time I experiment with such I high dose, I'll probably do it on an empty stomach, and only when I feel well.
The other person who drank the tea played computer games the whole time. When I puked, he said he didn't feel great but wouldn't have to puke. I probably drank slightly more than half of the total tea.

I still feel quite woozy and am having some difficulty typing, though it's been about 3-4 hours since I drank the tea. Generally, I'm pretty sober, though.

I am a male, early 20s, 6' tall and 150 lbs.

OfflineAkNyD8wHzK2gHKxJ
Stranger
Re: Please Submit Kratom Dosages And Preparations [Re: phi1618]
    #4852785 - 10/26/05 12:53 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Well folks, what doesn't work and what works are both very important in any prep. Last night was my 5th time with this wonderful plant. I boiled 12g of Super Kratom Prem Powder in a sauce pan with 3 cups of filtered water for 15 min. I then strained it into an old stove-top perc; the perm coffee filter fits perfectly in the rim. 3 cups of fresh water for the  reboil and another 15 min, meanwhile the perc is on med/high heat on the back burner reducing volume. Another straining into the perc combining the liquids and time to reduce volume to 2 cups. I saved the remaining Kratom and froze it for future analysis. I was told  lemon juice speeds ingestion by turning the alkaloid content to a citrate or a HCL which the saves your body the time of breaking the alkaloid down. Anyway after the volume was reduced i added 3 TBS of concentrated lemon juice and put it in the fridge for tomorrow; I ran out of time. The next day it did seem to hit me faster, but tasted HORRID! I don't recommend the lemon juice, its not the greatest tasting tea by itself, but DAMN! Maybe I'll drink some lemonade next time    :lolz0rz:

OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

#4853307 - 10/26/05 02:46 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

When I had kratom it was common for me and friends to take 5-8 grams each of shamanspalace commercial leaf, grind it up and put it at the bottom of a cup (no water). Then add a good dollop of honey and mix it until it is all one consistency, try not to use too much honey. Get a tall glass of water, and eat a small spoonful at a time, washing it down as quickly as possible with the h2o. This method provides good effects and is not wasteful, as sometimes the liquid extractions can be not very potent and taste foul.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------

OfflineTinkal
Green Thumb
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Please Submit Kratom Dosages And Preparations [Re: DadeMurphy]
    #4853659 - 10/26/05 07:01 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Of all the things I love the most, my mind is what I miss the most.

Visit my marketplace thread here! I'm giving awesome stuff :smile:

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
Re: Please Submit Kratom Dosages And Preparations [Re: DadeMurphy]
    #4853741 - 10/26/05 08:35 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Then add a good dollop of honey and mix it until it is all one consistency, try not to use too much honey.

That's my favorite method as well, except I chase it with juice and then drink hot coffee. I really think the caffiene changes the experience ten fold, I believe it makes the Kratom more effective (similar to caffiene + aspirin) and it allows me to become more aware of the effects. I've had some amazing CEV, eye-lid movies, off from 4 grams premium.

--------------------

OfflineDfekt
Your mother wouldn't approve...
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: Please Submit Kratom Dosages And Preparations [Re: namaste]
    #4887992 - 11/03/05 12:21 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

A friend of mine who tried kratom extract resin (i think from redeyefrog.com) said all it did was make him sick and tired, but from reading what you guys have said about it in this thread i think i'm gonna give the stuff a go :smile:

Most of you have said you use kratom powder from MrKratom.com, but are you all referring to the original strength/extra strength/super strength or super enhanced powder?

Thanx for sharing

--------------------
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." ~Oscar Wilde

Offlinethe man
still tappin caps

Loc: C A N A D A Flag
Re: Please Submit Kratom Dosages And Preparations [Re: Dfekt]
    #4888056 - 11/03/05 12:36 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

do nto order from mrkratom.com, its liek buying crack from terrorists.

peace

--------------------
http://www.fsrc.caand FSRE are now accepting edible/medicinal spores. please donate

And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
Re: Please Submit Kratom Dosages And Preparations [Re: Dfekt]
    #4888677 - 11/03/05 02:57 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Most anyone whose tried the resin extract will tell you it sucks, now the pure alkaloid extract (if you can find and afford it) is most probably different.

I want to know why 'the man' thinks buying from Mr.Kratom is like buying from crack from terrorists?

I still think shamans palace is the best around. I've heard that boiling, and filtering for 1-3 hours makes standard leaf as good as premium at half the price.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden