Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: newuser1492]
    #3470339 - 12/09/04 12:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe if you didn't treat them like jerks, they wouldn't treat you like a jerk.

Cops have treated me badly when I deserved it the most, when I put myself in danger, or was acting irresponsibly. When I have had minor, unimportant slip-ups, I usually get off quite easy.

I still double check myself whenever I see a cruiser, but it's quite ignorant to 'hate' cops, as much as it is ignorant to 'hate' christians or black people.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: CherryBom]
    #3470398 - 12/09/04 12:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I treat them the same way I treat everyone else. I don't cater to their engorged ego nor do I treat them as less than human. When everyone you know, including yourself, has been mistreated by the police for no reason except for their own twisted gratification it is easy to begin to despise them.

Also knowing many people who have entered the police academy a person can begin to see a trend in the police officer mental process.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: Seuss]
    #3470403 - 12/09/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thats like hating a cop for enforcing the law.

Well, in the Nuremburg trials they did prosecute people for war crimes who were just following orders, so there's some international law precident for attacking those that are simply enforcing the laws.

I do think it's pretty silly to hate someone for their beliefs. When someone talks about how they're absolutely right about their religion/spirituality, and anyone who doesn't hold similar beliefs is going to hell... that's obnoxious.

The US was founded primarily by protestant reformers who turned out to be the more obnoxious and dedicated of the Christians, and this has remained the backbone of American faith, so they're kind of everywhere. Even while the rest of the industialized world is becoming increasingly secular, particularly in Canada and Europe (where the EU's economy seems to be tearing the US a new one).

Wait a minute. This thread is about pot.

I don't consider myself a spiritual person, at all. In fact, I make a point to avoid spirituality.

I do like goofing around though, making up convoluted stories, and going to great lengths to alter the way my mind works to the point that things take on a new light, whether it be through drugs or excercises in creativity.

Pot is definitely one thing that either helps me with that, or at least makes it more fun.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: Phluck]
    #3470433 - 12/09/04 12:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Spirituality shouldn't be something that is taken seriously.

It SHOULD be fun, beautiful and carefree. You know that feeling when you get home from a 9 hour shift and your feet hurt and your grumpy and there's no cat food and your cat is all like MEW! MEEEEEEEW! MEW!??

Well smoke a joint. Your feet stop hurting, your defintely not so grumpy anymore and you might even have enough energy to go to the grocery store and get some cat food.

THAT is what it's all about.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3470483 - 12/09/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Cops have treated me badly when I deserved it the most, when I put myself in danger, or was acting irresponsibly.

That reminds me of a story in one of Bill Bryson's books. He's a travel writer who writes really interesting and funny books about his adventures around the globe, as well as one great book about the english language.

Anyways, this was in his book about Europe, I forget the title right now, but he was talking about the cops in Denmark compared to the cops in the US. He had seen this teenager who was on some sort of psychedelic slip and fall, hurting his head. Not too badly, but there was understandably a lot of confusion and distress amongst the kid and his friends. Luckily some cops came by, asessed the situation, and in a very friendly and polite manner, helped the kid up, and offered to give him and his friends a ride to their homes or somewhere safe, without making a big deal or calling their parents. He pointed out that in the US, the cops would have certainly treated the kid like a criminal, searched him, and at the very least, called the kids parents and ratted him out.

There are definitely cops out there who abuse their power, and mistreat people for no particular reason. I was once stopped while walking down the street because the cops were looking for a car thief. After they determined that I had nothing to do with the incident, they let me go, but not before backing over the pillowcase that contained my new bong with their cruiser, and handing it back to me with a sneer.

I've also had cops who were exceptionally nice.

One time a couple friends and I stopped by a park to sit down and smoke a quick bowl before going home to relax and watch some movies, and while we were there, the city parks guys drove in with their truck. This rude old guy got out and started giving us shit. I had dumped my pot out on the grass behind us, and thrown my pipe down as well. The guy went on a big long speech about how we were "throwing our lives away", they then took our IDs and sat in their truck with them for 20 minutes while we waited. A paddy wagon showed up, I guess the cops were expecting to have to make an arrest. The parks guy gave us each a ticket for $110 for disturbing the peace in a public park (the couple who walked by smoking cigarettes and talking seemed to be more distruptive than we were, but whatever), and then told us that the cops were going to be giving us a hell of a lot worse than that, and left. The cops searched us, took my friend's pipe, and also found my pipe laying on the ground

The officers who showed up were fairly young, and they watched as the parks truck drove off, then turned to us and told us they thought that the parks guy was kind of crazy, and that they weren't going to do anything else to us.

"I've had that pipe for years...", my friend said.

"Mine was a gift from my sister", I said.

They gave us our pipes back, and told us not to tell anyone.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflineFade_To_Black
Fire It Up

Folding@home Statistics
    #3470652 - 12/09/04 01:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

as for christianity, cannabis is a gift from God Himself.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3470711 - 12/09/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'd agree Bom, but I think the word has all kinds of other connotations that I'd rather avoid.

I'm a chilloutifier, not a spiritualizer.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3470831 - 12/09/04 01:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What is spiritual about a substance that makes me want to sit on the couch with a bag of Cheez-Puffs and watch Star Trek?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: Swami]
    #3470943 - 12/09/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well spirituality, much like psychoactive drugs, is a very personal experience.

Marijuana doesn't make me want to eat or sit on the couch watching Star Trek. Subjective effects should be EXPECTED to be different from person to person, in all things :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: trendal]
    #3471052 - 12/09/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Marijuana doesn't make me want to eat or sit on the couch watching Star Trek.

You don't get the munchies?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: trendal]
    #3471098 - 12/09/04 02:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I can honestly see someone equating pyschedelics to spirituality, but even the strongest marijuana has elicited no such response in this reader. Getting fuzzy-brained for a while does not make me think of cosmic things. Perhaps it has been too long since my initial experiences when it had more powerful effects.

It may be more mental "tolerance" than physical as I rarely toke. I can go six months, then blaze some killer budz and be barely even phazed. There is no high nor insight for this man.

Do other long-time users still get off on this substance or is it merely habit?

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3471112 - 12/09/04 02:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Rarely, yeah. :crazy:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3472013 - 12/09/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
What is spiritual about a substance that makes me want to sit on the couch with a bag of Cheez-Puffs and watch Star Trek?

Exactly what I was wondering...

--------------------

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3472255 - 12/09/04 06:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think any drug is intrinsically spiritual. Drugs affect each person differently and in some cases can be used by the person in a spiritual manner. Marijuana allows me to visualize situations with great clarity and allows me to think in different directions. It does not, as someone said, "make me want to sit on the couch with a bag of Cheez-Puffs and watch Star Trek." If I choose to do so then marijuana may potentiate the experience but that is completely a matter of choice.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3472378 - 12/09/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

marijuana is still one of the most fascinating drugs for myself.

how it fits into S&P ideas depends on the day.

most of the time it is carefree and a silenced mind. it serves to me as a reminder of how my mind could operate.

all and all it's about going with the flow and this plant serves are a great reminder to live in the now.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: kaiowas]
    #3474554 - 12/10/04 01:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"It may be more mental "tolerance" than physical as I rarely toke. I can go six months, then blaze some killer budz and be barely even phazed. There is no high nor insight for this man."

Aha! Indeed, you should go with the high. Why fight it? Why resist? Afraid your true nature might come out? Afraid of how it might make you look? Hmmmm...maybe you need to work on some things.

*Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

:poke:

"Whoah...ugh, yeah? What do you want from me?"

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: the_phoenix]
    #3474594 - 12/10/04 01:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Why do you assume I would "fight" the experience? Alcohol also has little affect. Am not saying that my body isn't affected nor that I can drink a fifth, but there is no "high".

Could be that the terrain is too familiar. Do amusement parks hold the same thrill as an adult as they did to you as a child?

--------------------

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    #3474621 - 12/10/04 02:00 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The amusement park doesn't itself change, rather its your perception that changes. Nobody forces negative perspectives onto adults.

Offlinefrogger25
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: east coast
Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: GabbaDj]
    #3474740 - 12/10/04 03:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GabbaDj said:
I believe that science holds the biggest and best key to the link between marijuana and people...
Its proven that in human brains their is a receptor for THC... We are genetically disposed to accept getting high from this single plant...

actually the brain has atural thc receptors for endocanaboids, not marijuana. it is the opposite of what you describe, the plant is genetically disposd to make a chemical similar to the one in our brains.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=...0F783414B7F0000

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: tomk]
    #3475074 - 12/10/04 06:53 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

in my oppinion spirituality is all about opening yourself to wisdom and truth outside of normal waking conciousness. Religion/spirituality itself originated in shamanic cultures with the 'techniques of ecstasy' methods of achieving transcendent states of conciousness.

I think that method of spirituality is still viable to us today, maybe more than ever.

"I chose not to reason with him at that time because he was not centered in a reasonable place, and it would have done no good or worse, backfired. "

good job man i wish i could do this more often. Realize when speaking just aint worth it

"My friend told me about one of her neighbors- a black man who smokes crack for inspiration before writing.
His sermons that is. He's a preacher. "

wow. it has a certain warped logic about it

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals