Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Pot and Spirituality
    #3467221 - 12/08/04 08:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

First and foremost...obviously;

Rastafarianism
What does a sweet smelling power blunt mean to a rasta? Is it equal to sitting down and reading the bible or meditating? What if s/he decides not to smoke for health reasons? Is that like sacrelidge?

Wicca
I read somewhere that there were certain covens in the 16th century and surely throughout other periods in time who would partake in this herb during energy rituals and spells and stuff. Aparently the shift in awareness brought them closer to the goddess and heightend their power.

Christianity
In real life, all the Christians I know are straight-out evangelist wack-jobs. Swearing: sin. Pre-marital sex: sin. Drinking: sin. Drugs: possession by the devil himself. Now most of the 'internet' Christians that I have come across seem to be a little bit more liberal. Does marijuana fit into any aspect of Christianity? I don't know....

And all grouped together we've got
Eastern Religions
Because I dont know a whole lot about them.

What about
New Age ?
I'm sure that one might not fit into the traditional definition of religion, but it sure counts.

What about you? How does this sweet green plant fit into your spiritual regime if at all?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: CherryBom]
    #3467579 - 12/08/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ah yes I like this post. I will say you are right on the Christian view of drugs, even marijuana. The blindness of categorization, and niave veiw of reality that some people face in certain areas astounds me.

As far as Wicca goes, if it harms none it is OK.. harming yourself counts, so does lung damage prevent the Wicca from smoking anything? Perhaps the effects from smoking marijuana and the spiritual learning through them, out balance the harm done.. But who is to lay the rules, are you god? That is the problem, we all are( in the sense we all have an 'ego' and serve its ultimate purpose)

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3467637 - 12/08/04 09:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

For Eastern religions, overall I have not heard of Buddhists using the friendly herb, but some Hindus who see Shiva as their main god love it. I believe they use it as a gift to Shiva, along with other drugs. Taoism, I do not know but have never heard of them using drugs either

I also believe some non-Shiva worshipping Hindus smoke the herb, but most of the interesting and recorded instances seem to be those who use it to get in touch with Shiva and use it as an offering to the Destroyer and Restorer of worlds. After all, what herb helps you see the world destroyed and restored as much as cannabis?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God Flag
    #3467692 - 12/08/04 09:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

you need to find some better christans for role models

were not all like that.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: joe666]
    #3467734 - 12/08/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, I do.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3468081 - 12/08/04 11:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

jesus used to baptise people with hemp and some other oils

some buddhist monks smoke hash pretty much all day 24/7 out of pipes

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#3468103 - 12/08/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ah, and the Sufis are rather reknown for their cannabis/ hashish use. They're a group of rather renegade Muslims (in the views of the more traditional ones) who look for Allah within, and think of Mohammed as the prophet but don't necessarily follow the Qu'ran and Hadith to the word. They're known to use drugs and other means to try to get in touch with the Allah within, and one of the founders of the Sufis, who found the beautiful cannabis plant growing and tried it, was nearly constantly high

As for me, marijuana and hashish are extremely useful at the right times. If I've thought of a new idea or am in a philosophical mood, marijuana makes me think of it differently, rather hard to explain but I think many would know what I'm talking about

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #3468165 - 12/08/04 11:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm having a religious experience from pot brownies right now, listening to Aphex Twin.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: silversoul7]
    #3468228 - 12/08/04 11:30 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:strokebeard:

What do you mean by religious? Are the brownies giving you visuals, or just an insightful philosophical mind enhancement experience?

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: Ravus]
    #3468393 - 12/09/04 12:00 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

fairly intense visuals, with wierd body load, and ultimately something that felt like the 4th Density Consciousness that Shroomism talks about. I was actually kinda freaked out for a while cuz of how strong I could feel my heartbeat, but then took a Vicodin, so now I'm feeling a little better.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #3468491 - 12/09/04 12:18 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You ever read up on Rastafarianism?

I have.. Ive read LOTS.. It fascinates me..

And, its nothing more than a cult.. A really REALLY fucked up cult...

Wiccans: well I dont know much but they most like lived like ancient tribes where medicine or secrets were kept known by a select few and were given to others as a means of control during certain "ritual" times..

Christians..:
Real Christians are nuts.. Most people I know who call themselves Christians arent very religious at all.. They go to church 4 or 5 times a year and sin all the time.... REAL christians I know who are strict religions are all fucking cock sucker weirdos.

Eastern Religions.. Well the 75% majority cant be wrong... Can it?

New Age? Lets just say that these are nothing more than fast rising cults aimed at gullible white kids with mommys credit card, movie stars and kids on acid...

You would be amazed at how Scientology grew on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood cuz of the movie stars that followed it.. Now that Madonna is into Kabala Scientology "churches" are closing faster then they opened and Kabala churches are moving into their places....

I believe that science holds the biggest and best key to the link between marijuana and people...
Its proven that in human brains their is a receptor for THC... We are genetically disposed to accept getting high from this single plant...

This is a link that is scientifically as strong as bees to flowers and all other environmentally beneficial animal/plant relationships.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3469446 - 12/09/04 08:17 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

My uncle once saw that I was reading one of those "druggie" books.(Actually it was on Eastern Religions). He came into the room where I was reading and just busted out with, "I hope you don't think you can drink or smoke anything to get you closer to God because that's wrong." I chose not to reason with him at that time because he was not centered in a reasonable place, and it would have done no good or worse, backfired.

My friend told me about one of her neighbors- a black man who smokes crack for inspiration before writing.
His sermons that is. He's a preacher.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: Jellric]
    #3469998 - 12/09/04 10:49 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The sacrament of communion in christianity is a placebo ethnogen.

Do any of the christians care about the part of the bible where God is like 'Yo, I am gonna let you dudes have all these kick ass plants that I made?" Because whenever I talk to christians about it they are like "Drugs, and percussion, and deep thinking, open your mind and opening your mind is bad cause the devil can get in. So don't smoke that Demon weed or listen to those musicians with negro drum beats."

I hate most christians.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: tomk]
    #3470046 - 12/09/04 11:02 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oh my. If I had to choose the most offensive word between 'hate' and 'cunt', I'd choose 'hate'.

I bet there are some pretty cool people in your life that you don't even realize are christian.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: tomk]
    #3470065 - 12/09/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

> I hate most christians.

Thats like hating a cop for enforcing the law.  It isn't the cops fault that some lawmakers passed stupid laws.  In the same way, most Christians are good people that have been misled by the church.  Interesting that both the misled cops and the misled faithful are being screwed because of greed for power and money.  Try loving instead of hating sometime.  :heart:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3470112 - 12/09/04 11:17 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ok here is my take on the whole thing

Drugs have a very heavy Spiritual quality about them because in fact they have been with Man since Apelike creatures first walked up right and evolved into modern man

It stands to logic that our Brains have had a Symbiosis relationship with Psychoactive plants for 50,000 years. Therefore Man's brain and psychoactive plants have evolved toghter.

Man the religious zealot as we are today, is the new creature from this symbiosis between plant and Man.

It is our very nature to desire altered states and can not be avoided.

There is a second part to this............

I will Pm it to any one who wants to hear it :grin:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Edited by Fucknuckle (12/09/04 11:59 AM)

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3470230 - 12/09/04 11:41 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Drugs have a very heavy Spiritual quality about them because in fact they have been with Man since Apelike creatures first walked up right and evolved into modern man

Evoloution!? But I thought according to the great book of your god, we were all decendants of Grampa Adam and Gramma Eve? I wonder if Adam and Eve ever sat around the Garden of Eden on a friday night with a fatty spliff rolled up in dried leaves?

There is a second part to this............ But it is a lot to take in.

Sometimes you really can be arrogant.

Translation: The knowledge that I possess on this topic is far to complex to share with you. I will hold it until you are ready, young grasshopper.

Or: I am too lazy to get philosophical today, but I want ot maintain an air of mysterious leadership.

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3470272 - 12/09/04 11:48 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You have put something into my words.

"It is a lot to take in " Does not mean any of that.

It means that it would be alot to share and would take a HUGE post.

But of you want my entire explanation I will send it to you in a PM.

As it will address the subject of Creation.

Not all Christians buy into that. The entire religious Creation theory is Whacked if you ask me.

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3470293 - 12/09/04 11:52 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CherryBomb said:
Or: I am too lazy to get philosophical today, but I want ot maintain an air of mysterious leadership.

I am sending you view point

--------------------

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: Pot and Spirituality [Re: Seuss]
    #3470305 - 12/09/04 11:55 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

That's like hating a cop for enforcing the law.

Ever hear of jury nullification? In the same vein if a cop decided not to harass and intimidate people under draconian laws I might respect him/her. In my experience sensible and humane treatment are furthest from a cop's mind. In all of the times I have dealt with law enforcement I have been "helped" a grand total of zero times. On the other hand I have been intimidated and harassed multiple times.

Until the police force of the US changes their hiring and continued employment practices I will continue to hate the police.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale