Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineayjay101
Right here
 User Gallery

Cultivation successful, but effects are abnormal
    #3466288 - 12/08/04 07:39 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I've recently had first-time success cultivating from spores labelled 'S.African' from the EFSR. The spores were germinated in brown rice flour/vermiculite jars, then cased underneath a microwave-treated peat moss/vermiculite/limestone mix. The first flush yielded 800g of fresh shrooms, with a further 500g in another two flushes. Sterile conditions were observed, and no contaminations were evident. The shrooms bruised slightly blue when handled. My problem is that the effects of these shrooms are negligeble, until one attempts to fall asleep during the (non) experience. Upon trying to sleep, one is bombarded with a barrage of bizzre thoughts which can be followed, becoming twisted and intense mental journeys. However, when not trying to fall asleep, one appears completely at baseline, with no visuals or consciousness alteration at all!
Does this sound like a low dose of psilocybin? So far we have consumed amounts of 4g dry, 8g dry and 50g fresh - with adequate time between doses (approx 7 days). Four different people all share this description of effects.
Is it possible that my casing mix is missing some key nutrients (possibly due to the sterilisation nuking)? I have tried a combination of de-mineralised and tap water, with no difference in effects. I have also tried growing the shrooms directly from cakes (PF Tek) and have had the same results. Adequate temperature range and humidity was maintained throuhgout. The shrooms were picked around veil-tearing time. I am attaching some pictures for reference.
Has anybody else had this kind of behaviour from this or other species/strains??

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Cultivation successful, but effects are abnormal [Re: ayjay101]
    #3466356 - 12/08/04 07:55 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You are dosing too often. And your casing layer is not supposed to have any nutrients, so that is not the problem.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlineatomic1
enthusiast

#3466362 - 12/08/04 07:57 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Thats strange, 4g dry dose should be plenty much less 8.  :shrug:

Offlinedjred

Re: Cultivation successful, but effects are abnormal [Re: atomic1]
    #3466872 - 12/08/04 09:22 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

yeah no shit..i had about 4 grmas one time boy i tell ya i tripped my ass off. plus i took a hit of lsd with it..yeah im a psychonaught they call it..done my days of sqaures.

Offlinedjred

Re: Cultivation successful, but effects are abnormal [Re: djred]
    #3466873 - 12/08/04 09:22 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

but your shrooms could be weak..possible.

OfflineShroomsbrrr
Frequent visitor
 User Gallery
Re: Cultivation successful, but effects are abnormal [Re: djred]
    #3467747 - 12/09/04 12:07 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

The amount of substrate could have a impact on the potency couldn't it? Perhaps a substrate level thats stretched thin would yield less nutrients to each of the shrooms and produce less psilocybin?

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: Cultivation successful, but effects are abnormal [Re: Shroomsbrrr]
    #3467819 - 12/09/04 12:20 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I've heard that some people just have abnormally high tolerances. I could be wrong though...

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Offlinelaughingbuddha
That's freakinAWESOME!

Loc: the Moment
Re: Cultivation successful, but effects are abnormal [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #3467864 - 12/09/04 12:28 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

although i am unable to answer your question, i sure hope someone else can, instead of providing banal responses like you've received. what's happened to you is a total bummer! after all that hard work and money spent, your shrooms are effectively bunk! i've got some s.african jars of rye incubating but i am skeptical...i do not think i got the moisture content right or contaminants got in; regardless, they're not colonizing. but if they do, and i successfully fruit them, i'll let you know what i find. my spores were from the hawk's eye, btw. again, bummer. i think your low psilocybin theory is the most plausible, but then again what do i know. good luck and don't give up!

--------------------
"The more I read, the more I meditate; and the more I meditate, the more certain I am that I know nothing." -Voltaire

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Cultivation successful, but effects are abnormal [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #3467890 - 12/09/04 12:32 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Some people do, it took a shitload of krippe to get me messed up and it takes a lot of liquor, i doubt that this is the case though. At first I thought perhaps you were screwed over and maybe you weren't growing a P. Cube but then i read about the dream part. I've read that different strains have different effects and can be different for other people. Gt's give me no visual and creepers give me lots of visual and little body trip, i've read that this is normal, a foaf has the complete opposite, so perhaps that's the case? Well, if you all really did expecience the same thing then maybe you've got a 3rd or 4th generation of the strain and that's the after effects of it, i'm pretty sure that may be the case, if not, then damn, that's one mutated mushroom ur cultivating, only works when you hit ur R.E.M sleep, crazy,lol, have fun and be safe,:shroomer:

Offlineayjay101
Right here
 User Gallery

#3472024 - 12/09/04 07:47 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Well, I'm going to assume it's either a weird strain or the spores I received were taken from a weakened or mutated generation. It hasn't been a complete waste - these are interesting effects, just not what we typically expect from a psilocybe.
I've made a stack of prints if anyone is interested in trading. Just mail me.

Offlineayjay101
Right here
 User Gallery

#3498688 - 12/14/04 07:08 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

For those that may experience what I described above, the issue appears to be a matter of potency. I've since had incredible success on these same specimens, by consuming larger amounts, on an empty stomach. With these batches, approx 100g fresh seems to be the go. The above effects seem to describe a sub-threshold dose.  :smile:

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
    #3498854 - 12/14/04 07:28 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

send me a pm if you wanna trade for a b+ print, i wanna grow some just to see if its for real, Ive heard of strains mutating more often from degeneration but never lose of potency. I'm not saying your lying i just wanna try em out.

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Cultivation successful, but effects are abnormal [Re: KyKid]
    #3498884 - 12/14/04 07:32 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

sometimes the friends dont wanna come .........

--------------------

InvisibleKlingonFromUranus
enthusiast

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Cultivation successful, but effects are abnormal [Re: KyKid]
    #3498941 - 12/14/04 07:39 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like a weak strtrain. Some strains just don't do it like others. For example, AFOAF's first grow was cambodian. Huge harvest and everything. He ate 1/8th of freshly dried cambodians and nothing but a body high and closed eye visuals. That's it! Weak shrooms. Tried it a couple times using different spore prints and the same thing. Turns out that strain is weak IMHO. Same thing happened from gulf coast shrooms.

Turns out both thee strains bruise blue kinda weakly when compared to other strains grown out by the friend. They did bruise, but just weakly. Could be an indicator of low potency or could just be coincidence. Take it for what it's worth....

--------------------

Offlineayjay101
Right here
 User Gallery

Re: Cultivation successful, but effects are abnormal [Re: KlingonFromUranus]
    #3499246 - 12/14/04 08:27 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

These shrooms also blued poorly. More like a blueish/greenish/greyish tinge than a glorious bright blue stain.... seems to have indicated a lower potency in these ones too. Interstingly the (ecstatic) body high seems to be consistently present even at these low potency doeses, while the more psychedellic type stuff appears only at higher ones.
I also agree that our friends are selective as to when they appear :wink:

OfflineStrange_Design
Cucumber

#3499398 - 12/14/04 08:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i really think that the trouble is in the substrate and not in the strain. while potency can vary between strains i have found that substrate is the most important factor.

for example; there was a guy who grew cakes of BRF his first few times and they were always ok, but not great. nice body buzz but not much else and short lasting.

then the same strain (EQ) was shot to some WBS and then cased and things were so much better. great trips all around from the
same doses.

and the blueing thing while maybe not a perfect indicator was much more pronouned on the WBS than the BRF. solid blue where cut in 30 sec or so. as opposed to just a light tinge before.

while some folks have great luck with BRF some do not (and why that is i would love to know), yet you very, very rarely hear of potency probs with WBS or rye.

i would give that a shot if i were you.

best of luck.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Peat, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation