Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Do you believe natural water (Pond, Lake, Stream) is better than regular tab/bottled?
    #3464146 - 12/08/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I read on some growing tek that shroomies prefer natural water to cleaner tab or bottled or filtered water. But seeing as everything is completely killed inside the jar when its sterilized, I don't see how using natural water would be beneficial.

Does anybody see a reason why natural water would be more beneficial?

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Do you believe natural water (Pond, Lake, Stream) is better than regular tab/bottled? [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3464154 - 12/08/04 11:15 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I believe it's natural spring water that people prefer, rather than the disgusting stagnant stuff you find in ponds and lakes.

Natural springs are high quality drinking water and are generally ice cold. There are 3 in my area that people go to for drinking water because it's so much better than what comes from the faucet.

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

OfflineMycoJunkie
Psilanthropist

Loc: .4merica
Re: Do you believe natural water (Pond, Lake, Stream) is better than regular tab/bottled? [Re: Silven]
    #3464171 - 12/08/04 11:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

From original PF Tek:

Quote: ( http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23593/pag/1 )
"A note on water: A recent update is worth mentioning. Water quality is indeed important. I have found out that "natural" water is the water to use. It makes for better cultivation of this mushroom on this simple substrate. Distilled water is good for making spore solutions and syringes and storing spore solution. But for growing, they seem to like the "natural" water such as: swamp, lake, stream, pond,river, ground or any water that is rich in organics. I have heard that "mineral" type drinking water is good and makes a difference. I suppose that water seeping from an organic compost pile would be about the best. "

--------------------
:cussing::whip:

OfflineSilven
Male

Re: Do you believe natural water (Pond, Lake, Stream) is better than regular tab/bottled? [Re: MycoJunkie]
    #3464181 - 12/08/04 11:22 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ah, well that fits right along with what I was posting in the advanced cult forum.. lemme see.. :smile:

COMPOST AS TEA: Compost tea is made by combining equal parts of compost and water and letting it sit for a while. The liquid can help to provide a 'quick boost' to ailing houseplants or young seedlings and transplants (I recommend diluting it quite a bit for use on seedlings). Stu Campbell, in Let it Rot, says that the same compost can be used to make several batches of tea (2). When you're finished making compost tea, use the mucky dregs as a mulch in the garden or landscape.

I'm wanting to get some compost tea and try using it.  I bet it's greatly beneficial. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
    #3464192 - 12/08/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hrmmm, I'm going to use natural water for my bulk cause it's only pasteurized cause maybe it has some of nature's little balancers in it. Similar to the reason that outdoor grows dont contam.

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
    #3464195 - 12/08/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I wonder if the difference is great enough to make it worthwhile?

OfflineSilven
Male

Re: Do you believe natural water (Pond, Lake, Stream) is better than regular tab/bottled? [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3464226 - 12/08/04 11:31 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think another reason that things don't contam outside is because of the constant fresh air exchange going on in it's vicinity.

That's why if you throw a piece of cheese out in your front yard it will stay there for a long long time without molding, but you stick it on the stand in your living room for a couple days and you'll have mold growing. The air is stagnant.

--------------------

Offlinediscman1
journeyman
Re: Do you believe natural water (Pond, Lake, Stream) is better than regular tab/bottled? [Re: Silven]
    #3466281 - 12/08/04 05:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Just remember that pond and stream water can be polluted too.......

Using distilled water is a pretty safe bet. It probably isn't going to help anything, but it probably isn't going to hinder anything either. It's just 1 less variable.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate