Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejet
Stranger
why is dry weed bad?
    #3464704 - 12/08/04 01:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ive tried looking this up on google, but cant find a clear answer.
I was just wondering what is so bad about having your weed dry out? is the thc less potent? the only thing that i can see is that its easier to roll with dry weed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: jet]
    #3464711 - 12/08/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

it's easier to roll dry weed, you will b elkess likly to be ripped off when it's dry as it won't losse weight, might be a little harsher smoke... it will cherry faster when light, I guess it depends on what you want to use it for.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: gdman]
    #3464732 - 12/08/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with dry weed. It's good for joints..I prefer fat bowls of moist sticky nugs, but it really doesn't make much difference. You get high either way :grin:

InvisibleSlite
Lost in Life
 User Gallery
Loc: UK
    #3464735 - 12/08/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'd be interested to know why dry weed is considered bad. I've read and always believed that when cured weed is a much better smoke and a different kind of high (Similar to the high you get when you cook and eat weed). But when dried too fast the weed becomes a harsher smoke and the high remains the same.

I read a quite alot on what happens to the THC when cured but nothing about when it is dried too fast.

--------------------
"You can either believe you can do something, or believe you can't.... either way your right"

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God Flag
    #3464840 - 12/08/04 01:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

dry weed burns up much quicker
making you smoke more
plus it's harsher on your lungs

the crystals will fall off or break much quicker with dry weed. making it less potent

also the more intense heat that comes from dry weed is not good for your mouth, throat and lungs

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: joe666]
    #3465025 - 12/08/04 02:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

its just nastier to smoke. Aesthetically much less pleasing, visually and aroma-wise. And, placebo or not, it doesn't get me nearly as high as good sticky nugs.

--------------------

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: Noviseer]
    #3465036 - 12/08/04 02:20 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Noviseer said:
Aesthetically , visually

arent those the same thing?

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: dobinky]
    #3465069 - 12/08/04 02:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

dry weed gets dry because of exposure to air. weed quickly loses potency after harvest as it dries out. so if you already bought some dry weed, no worries but if you are growing it, dont let it get dry because wetter=morer weight and better potency so you can sell it for more.[ but other than that dry weed is fine!

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: uriahchase]
    #3465097 - 12/08/04 02:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i like sticky dense cured weed. It smokes so much better than dry stuff. The moisture in it keeps it burning longer so u get more hit than you would out of dry weed

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: sui]
    #3466868 - 12/08/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

suimush said:
i like sticky dense cured weed. It smokes so much better than dry stuff. The moisture in it keeps it burning longer so u get more hit than you would out of dry weed

mhm.. nothing like some sticky ass nugs. :heart:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #3467543 - 12/08/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You actually get more plant matter per weight when its dry. Water has a weight. Overly dry weed burns too fast and harsh and can be dustry(not great for pipes and stuff). Generally if the stuff crumbles into dust its too dry and if its too wet the stems will bend instead of snap. Thats what i always look for atleast when checken out stuff.

Wet weed doesnt burn right. It burns down to that black charry stuff.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: baraka]
    #3470292 - 12/09/04 11:52 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

my weed is dry as fuck and it still works wonders

--------------------
You gotta jump and swing up to hit me in the knees.

OfflineShroomFan
nn dmt

Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: WhiteRabbitt]
    #3470635 - 12/09/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I had this sticky ass shit and it was mad dry, broke up like a dream for our blunt. It had the most resin glands ive ever seen or felt. My index finger and thumb literally stuck together and the skin pulled when i moved them apart...im def coppin an O of that stuff

--------------------
Fellow Shroomerites, if you Love expressing yourself with a dope tee shirt feast your 3rd eye on www.facebook.com/vicereversa
∞ Conscious Clothing for Conscious Minds ∞ Wear a tee , open a mind
Each shirt is spawned to Arouse Awareness <> We believe in Sustainability & Giving back <> Do you know of a community project or persons in need you feel deserves attention? - Tell us on our page And we just might pick the story > develop a tee > and donate the proceeds to that cause. ∞♥∞ Unget it, VICE REVERSA

OfflineMr_Wyvern
Stranger
Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: ShroomFan]
    #3471845 - 12/09/04 05:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'd have to say I'm more on the side of people that have mentioned dry weed being easier to roll with, it also burns better then damp weed, but imo what you're after is a nice happy medium (ie I tend to dry out very wet weed i get)

And although you may get less if you end up buying wet weed you do at least get the reassurance its more likely to have been somewhere near a living plant in the not to distant past.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: Slite]
    #3472266 - 12/09/04 06:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Slite said:
But when dried too fast the weed becomes a harsher smoke and the high remains the same.

I read a quite alot on what happens to the THC when cured but nothing about when it is dried too fast.

When it is cured, it is slow dried, and the Chlorophyl breaks down.... When the Chlorophyl doesn't get the chance to break down, that is when it burns harsh.... At least that is how I remember....

If I have a bag that is dried to the bone, I will take a small portion and put it in a seperate bag, then add a small piece of lettuce, or apple, or anything organic with moisture, and close the bag up for the night.... The next day it is refreshed, and almost as good as new...!

ChoW~,
>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: browndustin]
    #3472770 - 12/09/04 07:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

There is a huge difference between wet and sticky. Unfortunaetly the majority of commercial kind bud dealers In big cities are fucking greedy assholes who don't respect the pot. They sell WET WEED, that does nothing but mold up if you don't dry it(slowly of course).

Being able to smoke the same piece of bud for ten minutes is a bad thing, not a good thing.

This is impossible to explain to anyone who grew up on hydroponic kind bud. It is typically WET 90% of the time I see the stuff. Not Sticky Wet, but WET. It molds up quickly.

I find it very hard to get weed that has been properly cured. It is either OLD(overly Dry) or New(overly Wet). I actually prefer the old to the Wet. I love when it is just right(in between) but that is a Rarity in the city I live in. GREED is rampant,It is all about the money. One idiot is so cheap he don't even give you a baggie, just whatever paper, plastic he has lying around. Typically his weed is WET, one time the stems were so wet I could have used them for micropropagation explants.

All the kiddies could care less. The majority of the idiots are buying half-eights for the night. So they RARELY smoke joints, unless it is a Blunt(cough cough cough) and they love bong hits(cough cough cough) high for ten minutes and I got to smoke another.

The weed MArket in CUBA SUCKS ASS. Great strains get destroyed every fucking day. And the masses could care less. DUDE WHERE GETTING TOTALLY FUCKINg WASTED, cough cough cough. Lets see if we can actually stay in one place for more then ten minutes before are A.D.D forces us to drive to the next place to do three bong hits, and then move on. Dude wanna try some Ridalin. Got any oxicotton, how about some Indigo bud. Dude I'll pay anything for a bag of just CAPS, the stems don't do anything. We smoked some shrooms and got wasted.

I'll shut up now.

WET BAD
Moist GOOD
Dry Good
Bone dry Bad

For some ungodly reason they just can't find the middle. Here that you fucking Greedy Dope growing Assholes selling WET pot to Kids who don't fucking no any better.I need a new pot dealer. :tongue:

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: EonTan]
    #3473893 - 12/09/04 11:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

-Dry weed reduces potency because oxygen breaks down THC.

-Dry weed also falls apart and loses its crystals which is where like 99% of the THC is stored.

-Dried weed due to improper curing smokes harsh because it wasn't cured right. Curing includes allowing the biological processes
inside the buds to carry on and allow it to feed off its internal reservoir of chlorophyl (sp). Bud that is hurried to be cured doesn't eat up this remaining chlorophyl and you end up smoking it, which gives it that harsh ass taste.

- Also, as far as caps and stems go, I don't believe that caps nor stems are necessarily more or less potent than each other.

-And as far as smoking it goes, I wouldn't recommend that either, psilocybin is very fragile under heat and breaks down very easily, and while you may have been "wasted," you would have been even more wasted had you ingested them.

Edited by spliffmasta (12/09/04 11:15 PM)

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3475580 - 12/10/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Chlorophyll is only two pigments in the plant that effect the overall flavor of the finished product.It is still present in the tastiest of buds. Most pot is green when you smoke it.

Properly dried weed looses minimal Trichome if it is cured and handled properly. Wet pot can loose trichomes to if it is mishandled.

DRY is not the same as OVERLY DRY.
Moist is not the same as WET.

AS far as the rest of my statements they were intended as jokes.
Smoking Mushrooms is Silly.
Caps and stems are both chock full of goodies.

If it crumbles when you look at it it is OVERLY DRY. This is the most infrequent condition I find Kind bud in. Typically it is TOO WET, like the majority of the time. Wet pot makes Greedy bastards more money.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: EonTan]
    #3478047 - 12/10/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I refuse to buy "dank" marijuana unless its been cured right. Most of it saddly isnt and is just no worth the high prices, about 3x of mid grade stuff which i prefer to smoke because its sooo much cheaper but not that much worse. Some of the mids this year have been rivaling beaster potency and just so much cheaper. Seen a lot of seadless mids this year too which is real nice.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleGlassOnion
Stranger
Loc: Antartica
Re: why is dry weed bad? [Re: baraka]
    #3478526 - 12/10/04 07:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'd have to go with dry bud over wet bud. Getting the medium is crucial tho.. I must say most of the killer I get has been properly cured.

Crumbling weed definitely is harsh on my throat. Sure make for a nice bong rip.haha

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale