Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Does it ever get any easier?
    #3464279 - 12/08/04 01:41 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Level 5 trips I mean, my first two level 5 trips were very tough in places. With nausea for the first few hours that I realy couldnt ignore and made the trip very unpleasant while it lasted.

In theory with experience you would think complete ego loss would become easier and the total loss of your understanding of reality would become easier to deal with, with experience. But does it? Or is the dificulty completely unpredictable even after years of experience?

Whats your experience with this? Both my level 5 trips have come on very rapidly soo I can now tell when its gonna be a biggun, which sets off the fear and anxiety worse than normal, have you been able to get used to this also?

--------------------

Edited by MovingTarget (12/08/04 01:42 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Does it ever get any easier? [Re: MovingTarget]
    #3464407 - 12/08/04 02:11 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I don't have nausea for that long. When I do, I eat a little something- slice of bread, few crackers, or something like that. Taking Dramamine 15 minutes before you dose may also help.

You have to face up to whatever your fear is. What exactly is it that you get scared of?

InvisibleMovingTarget

Re: Does it ever get any easier? [Re: newusername222]
    #3464485 - 12/08/04 02:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I dont know exactly, the first hour when I know its going to come on strong, that i'm going to have no idea what the fucks going on, and when it feels like my head is being bombarded endlessly, when I feel like i've lost all control and my grip on reality.  I know its ok and that I need to just let it flow... but its one thingy knowing what I need to do and another actually doing it.  My body discomfort is extreme at points throughout which makes it hard also.  But then the good parts are so mind blowingly good... :laugh:

I'l try eating a bit next time to get rid of the nausea, but it was really bad last time and lasted for ages.  I've never heard of Dramamine... where could I get some of that from? also will I need to come up with a sob story for my doctor to give me valium hehe :laugh:

--------------------

Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3464567 - 12/08/04 02:38 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

supernova, hes not afraid of anything. I go in with a very clear mind and I stil get those very strong feelings of fear and anxiety, and I dont even have anything to be afraid of! I have often wondered this same question myself, and would like to know if I would eventually overcome these feelings?

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Does it ever get any easier? [Re: balls]
    #3464658 - 12/08/04 02:53 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I think everybody always gets a bit of fear and anxiety, even its the tiniest amount.

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Does it ever get any easier? [Re: Thin White Duke]
    #3464667 - 12/08/04 02:54 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You might not even notice it, but there will no doubt be part of of your brain that is still 'sober' and is wondering what the hell is going on.

Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3464673 - 12/08/04 02:56 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

OK. I see what you're saying.

Dramamine is for nausea and here I can pick it up at WalMart. No prescription necessary. Go to a drug store and ask them for nausea medication and there should be some non-prescription stuff- Dramamine or something similar. Anything for sea-sickness.

As for the fear, I understand what you are saying. I used to get freaked out thinking "Oh shit, what if I took too much and I'm going to absolutely lose my freaking mind or even die!". Well, experience tells me 1) that isn't going to happen and 2) it's just the drug fucking with me. I get something to chew on (nothing that you'll choke on- something like a blanket or corner of a towel), find a comfortable place to sit, get something to spit in, and then just let what happens happen. If I'm nausea 45 minutes after I've consumed, then if I feel like vomiting I just do it. That's rare for me, but I have vomited on Shrooms before. Once I get it out, I feel better. I figure get it out and enjoy the trip rather than fighting it.

Anyhow, back to the fear part. We have all kinds of fears- fear of disappointing others, fear of death, fear of facing up to things that we know we shouldn't be doing, fear of changing our lives, and so on. Probably the last- fear of change- is the worst fear there is. To change is difficult. Usually my anxiety and fear during a trip comes with knowing there is something fucked up in my life that I need to fix. It eats at me and I worry about it. You have to face it and fix it. That's the only way to get over it if you can't ignore it.

Also, remember that in 6 or 7 hours this is going to be over and you'll be back to reality, or close to it. Make a deal with yourself BEFORE tripping. The deal is that for this trip I will make this life change for the better. You have to be honest with yourself about this.

Then let go and enjoy. You can either fear it or learn from it. Choose to learn from it. Tell yourself that is what it is for. Respect it. But respect doesn't equate to fear. When you respect shrooms and understand that they will not kill you or permanently damage you but can in fact help you, then you don't have to fear them.

InvisibleMovingTarget

Re: Does it ever get any easier? [Re: newusername222]
    #3464685 - 12/08/04 02:59 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Much thanks sueprnova :thumbup:  If I could i'd give you 20 shrooms for that advice :smile:

--------------------

OfflineKingCactus
MesC ChAmP
    #4667969 - 09/16/05 01:16 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

or just take a bar of xanax..1 hour before you trip :smile:. along with a 24ounce beer. :smile:..ahhhh..so relaxed.

--------------------
"everything written from this profile is fictional, I have no sources, nor am i a source for any type of illegal substance. This profile and post from this profile are for Entertainment purposes only. User of this profile takes no part in any type of illegal activities. This is all for sake of storytelling, to make the boring lives of some of us seem interesting.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience