Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDaShroomer
Stranger
1st time pf tek grower!!
    #3462299 - 12/07/04 10:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I am a first time grower i did the pf tek and have a couple fully conlonized cakes ready to go!! I just construced a terraruim with a plastic sterilite container, cut a window in the top with 6 small holes covered with coffee filters, filled the bottom with peralite, attatched a humid and temp gages on the back and now need to know where to put the whole and feed in the tube from my tropic aire humidifier and air exchanger?  Do i use less water in the peralite becuase i am using this gadget?  :tongue2:

Also do i place the cakes directly on the wire mesh??

How often do i hae to open and mist if any?  Thanks in advance i would never have made it this far without this site!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomsbrrr
Frequent visitor
 User Gallery
Re: 1st time pf tek grower!! [Re: DaShroomer]
    #3462318 - 12/07/04 10:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think that a humidifier and perlite together are overkill. You should have your cakes proped up on something so they don't sit on the perlite and get waterlogged. And I don't think you need to mist often with all the humidity youll be getting from perlite and a humidifier, but mist after flushes and such.

OfflineDaShroomer
Stranger
Re: 1st time pf tek grower!! [Re: Shroomsbrrr]
    #3462367 - 12/07/04 10:53 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the promp reply!! I have a wire mesh that i bent on the sides to act as legs. How far from the peralite should it be and do i lay the cake directly on the wire mesh? Thanks again!!

OfflineDaShroomer
Stranger
Re: 1st time pf tek grower!! [Re: Shroomsbrrr]
    #3462374 - 12/07/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Also where should i poke the hole for the tube to be fed thru the top bottom side? Thanks again!!

Offlineus3fu1idi0t
HomeGrown
 User Gallery

Loc: Living in the Mushrooms w...
    #3462534 - 12/07/04 11:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It won't matter how far away you put the cakes from the peralite as long as they are sitting on a wire mesh. It won't matter if you sit them directly on it either, this just gives more surface area, though nothing is going to grow on the bottom if the light is coming from the top. Usually cakes are set on top of the jar lids. You will probably want the tube to be fed in towards the top of the tub for the humidifier since you will want it to fall over the cakes and if you can, poke a hole just above the peralite for co2 exchange. This is because co2 is heavier and will flow out of the bottom hole as new friesh o2 is coming in from the humidifer at the top. GL and keep it up.

--------------------
Watch out for the smurfs!

OfflineDaShroomer
Stranger
Re: 1st time pf tek grower!! [Re: us3fu1idi0t]
    #3462614 - 12/07/04 11:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

So does it seem that i'm on track? The tropic aire humifier and air exchanger only has one hose going in does that sound right? My bro gave me the gadget? Its attatched to a double hose air pump. Thanks again for the help and kind words i'll keep ya posted and get some picks of my sys up as soon as i see some progress. Thanks agian.

OfflineDaShroomer
Stranger
    #3462873 - 12/08/04 01:07 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Anybody??

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3462889 - 12/08/04 01:14 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i don't understand your question, try and re-ask it, and ill give it a shot.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (12/08/04 01:16 AM)

OfflineDaShroomer
Stranger
Re: 1st time pf tek grower!! [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3462947 - 12/08/04 01:36 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Just wondering if what i have going thus far sounds like its on target.

Re-Cap: I have my very 1st fully colonized eq cake (pf tek), when i opened her up she smelled of fresh mushies, i kinda lost my mycinity. I contructed my fruiting chamber with the following.

15 gallon sterilite container
temp and hum gage
2 in' damp verm wire mesh
tropic aire humidifier and air exchange system hooked up to a aquairuim pump.
3 ft. flouro

i cut a window in the lid of the container, melted a small hole right above the perlite and six in the lid covered with coffee filters to help keep the air fresh. It is at a steady 75 degrees and 90 percent humidity.

Also, the setup is in a laundry room that also has a two plants and the air is contstantly being circulated with a fan is that a problem? How about the kitty litter box under the shelf? Are these elements just asking for contams? I due spray lysol everywhere whenever i go into or near the cake.

Another thing does the actual tropic air bubbler sit inside or outside of the terr? Does it sit inside and the tubes run to the outside air pump? I just have a hose thearded into the back of the chamber and its pointing downward, should it be put in a different position or pointed in a different direction? Thanks for wondering just very nervous being my first child and all.

Offlineus3fu1idi0t
HomeGrown
 User Gallery

Loc: Living in the Mushrooms w...
    #3463785 - 12/08/04 09:27 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If it's a bubbler you will want it inside the terrarium. That way it can actually circulate the humidity from the perlite and the oxygen inside the tub. The humidifer sounds like it is fine where it is positioned.

The kitty litter doesn't sound to healthy being around the terrarium, being that there is always shit in it. I'm not sure how clean it would be or how clean the litter keeps the area.

--------------------
Watch out for the smurfs!

OfflineDaShroomer
Stranger
Re: 1st time pf tek grower!! [Re: us3fu1idi0t]
    #3464390 - 12/08/04 12:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the reply. Actually the bubbler and humidifier are the same thing. the store bought Tropic Aire --humidifier & air exhanger with one hose leading inside the terr. Should it be placedinside the terr? If so do i lead the hose out of the chamber then? Sorry i'm just confused first time and all. Also i moved it out of the laundry room w/the kitty litter box and put it in the common area for now. Is smoke going to affect it in any way? Thanks again for the reply i wouldn't have made it this far w/o all of you. ;-)

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #3464500 - 12/08/04 12:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

it should be placed inside your terrarium to maximise humidity, but w/ the perlite, you should already have sufficient humidity w/out the bubbler. and yes, you place the cakes directly onto the wire mesh.peace

--------------------

:murray:

OfflineDaShroomer
Stranger
Re: 1st time pf tek grower!! [Re: blissedout]
    #3464553 - 12/08/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
it should be placed inside your terrarium to maximise humidity, but w/ the perlite, you should already have sufficient humidity w/out the bubbler. and yes, you place the cakes directly onto the wire mesh.peace

With the hose coming out of the chamber?  Right now i have the apperatice in question on the outside with the soe running into the chamber thru a small burnt hole?  i have perlite and the hose running in as of now and i cna't get the humidity above 90 should i add more water?  Thanks  :tongue:

OfflineDaShroomer
Stranger
    #3465662 - 12/08/04 04:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

With this whole setup the humidity is only 90? Should i spray the perilite a bit? Temp is 70.

If so how much and should it be something speaical (bleach,h202,spring)?? Should i spray the walls or the perlite?

should i move the humidifier/bubbler (brand--tropic aire) into the chamber if so does the hose stay inside the chamber or run it to the out? Any help would be greatly appreciated, just trying to keep my 1st very comfortable. Thanks

Edited by DaShroomer (12/08/04 04:19 PM)

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known

Loc: t(here)
    #3465976 - 12/08/04 04:58 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i use the same tropic aire. Humidity at 90 is good. get your temp up to about 85/F. keep your humidifier and air exchanger outside your pod. only one hose goes into your pod perferibly at the top coming from your tropic aire. fill your humidifier with fresh spring water/bottled water. you should keep it on for 1 hour every 12 hours.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: 1st time pf tek grower!! [Re: gema]
    #3466029 - 12/08/04 05:05 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ummmm no with that temp gema, the temp is 74-76F. if your is that high lower it.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: 1st time pf tek grower!! [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3466088 - 12/08/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ok dashroomer. i use the tropic aire also, and i use a double outlet pump. what you do is go to the store and buy a three way thingy for the tube. i cant remember exactly what they are called. but it lets you put 2 hases into 1 hose. then run the outlet hose on the tropic aire to the tererium i drilled a hole and put it in the hole towards the top and siliconed the hole. for everybody else this tropic aire cant sit inside, just the way its made. it will raise the humidity in your terrerium roughly 15-20%. not the best on air exchange though so make sure to still fan often. on the reading of 90% Rh on your guage i would bet it is just bunk. try taking your gauge and wrap it in a warm damp cloth for about 30 minutes and see what it reads, if its not 100% then your guage sucks ass. hope this helps.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflineDaShroomer
Stranger
    #3466152 - 12/08/04 05:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You guyz are the best, if it wasn't for your post i'd have this thing going 24/7 which is what i've had it at since i put it together yesterday. I have a timer but can't figure it out either it has a green and red pin and then tons of numbers? I'll try a yahoo search for directions. Also i have about 2 inches of perilite with water at the bottom that may not be damp enough. I'll see if my gage is bunk before messing with it. Thanks.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#3466174 - 12/08/04 05:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

on my timer down means on and up means off just plug something in and see what it is for you then set it so it will be off on when you want, mine runs on a 24 hour cycle. if this is for your light you need a 24 hour cycle cause 12 just aint going to work. yahoo sucks try google.

--------------------

Edited by lemon_lw (12/08/04 05:23 PM)

OfflineDaShroomer
Stranger
    #3466225 - 12/08/04 05:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lemon_lw said:
on my timer down means on and up means off just plug something in and see what it is for you then set it so it will be off on when you want, mine runs on a 24 hour cycle. if this is for your light you need a 24 hour cycle cause 12 just aint going to work. yahoo sucks try google.

I have a wide spec flouro running 24/7 the timer i have i just figureed i could use for the tropic aire 1 hour every 12? Thanks

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates