Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
Salvia Problem?
    #345304 - 06/20/01 03:24 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

heres my problem, lately i've been losing alot of leaves off my newly aquired plants(shipped form Richters) a few plants(2) have no leafs left(except for new ones forming), and i've been getting brown discoloration around a few leaves. Is this due to low humidity, too much water or what? any help would be great, here is more info.

my soil mix was about 50% organicly fert. potting soil, 30%peat moss, and 15 verm. and 5 perlite. Hope i didn't screw up too much, i just though that i needed something that holds a lot of water. I gave my plants a fair amount of water and root starter after transplanting them from the little containers they were shipped in, (the plants were root bound) so i'm hoping this problem is just shock related and not something i might lose my plants over. I'm kinda scared i'll lose my babies.

Now the plants are in a rubbermaid container with a bit of perlite on bottom, i expose em to ~2hrs natural sunlight a day and about 14hr of flourecent fan anf mist about 6-9x a day, is this over doinig it or not?

if more info is needed just let me know.
thanx

i know i posed this in gen q but i need all the help i can get (sorry bout the cliche)

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Salvia Problem? [Re: hubertd8]
    #345772 - 06/21/01 04:22 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

a few plants(2) have no leafs left(except for new ones forming), and i've been getting brown discoloration around a few leaves
Losing leaves is probably due to the shock of shipping. So long as new leaves are forming, do no worry about this.

Browning around the edges of the leaves is a sign of low humidity, and you will need to re-acclimatise your plants. Do this by placing a clear plastic bag over the plants, and spraying them once a day. Once the plants are looking healthier, tear a small hole in the top of the bag. Every week, make the hole a little larger, until eventaully the bag is not holding any humidity. Once this has been done, totally remove tha bag, and your plants should be fine, so long as you don't live somewhere with a very dry environment.

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
Re: Salvia Problem? [Re: Phyl]
    #346072 - 06/21/01 04:02 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

so should i remove them from the rubbermaid container and do the bag thing? cause the humidity is fairly high around 75-95 % for like 80% of the time(except when i expose them to natural sunlight) .

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: Salvia Problem? [Re: Phyl]
    #346178 - 06/21/01 06:25 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Thats a pretty cool idea there phyl. I never thought of that. I just use a plastic bag over my plants when I leave for a few days and am unable to water them.

Tired of pimping yourself on the corner to afford spores? Well throw out that red dress and go to the FSR, for spores even you can afford.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale