Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Dutch arrest in Iraq genocide case
    #3460625 - 12/07/04 06:28 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Dutch arrest in Iraq genocide case
http://edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe/12/07/dutch.iraq/

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (CNN) -- A 62-year-old Dutchman will be charged for war crimes and as an accomplice to genocide for supplying lethal chemicals to Saddam Hussein's regime, prosecutors said Tuesday.

Wim de Bruin of the national prosecutor's office said the man, who was arrested in Amsterdam on Monday, had been under investigation since the end of last year.

"The man is suspected of delivering thousands of tons of raw materials for chemical weapons to the former regime in Baghdad between 1984 and 1988," a prosecution statement said.

The materials are suspected of being used in the 1988 chemical attack on a Kurdish town that killed an estimated 5,000 civilians.

The suspect, chemicals dealer Frans van Anraat, had been arrested in Milan, Italy at the request of the U.S. government in 1989, prosecutors said. He fled to Iraq after being released and remained there until 2003.

After the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in March 2003, van Anraat returned to the Netherlands via Syria.

In a 2003 interview with Dutch television program Netwerk, van Anraat said he had shipped materials to Iraq but denied any wrongdoing, The Associated Press reported.

"This was not my main business, this was something I did in passing," AP quoted him as saying.

"Somewhere once back then, I got the request whether I could deliver certain products to them, which they needed," he said. "And because I had a very good relationship with the (Iraqi) Oil Ministry, and that's where the request came from, I tried to see if I could do it. And that was successful and we did deliver some materials."

Among the chemicals he is alleged to have shipped is thiodyglycol, which can be used in the production of mustard gas. It is alleged to be the lethal chemical that was used in the 1988 chemical attack on the Kurdish town of Halabja that killed an estimated 5,000 people.

Anraat "knew the destination and ultimate purpose of the materials he was shipping," prosecutors said.

Van Anraat is alleged to have shipped the chemicals on a route via the United States and Europe to Iraq. Authorities in the United States, Belgium, Germany, Italy and Switzerland contributed to the investigation.

Van Anraat is expected to be brought before a court in the Dutch town of Arnhem later this week. http://cnn.worldnews.printthis.clickabil...;partnerID=2006

---------------------------

And before another America basher makes the false accusation again that the USA supplied most of the arms to Saddam Hussein see:

http://projects.sipri.se/armstrade/Trnd_Ind_IRQ_Imps_73-02.pdf

Top three suppliers of arms to Saddam Hussein, 1973 - 2002

USSR: 57%
* France: 13%
* China: 12%

Then, in order of importance:

* Czechoslovakia: 7%
* Poland: 4%
* Brazil: 2%
* Egypt: 1%
* Romania: 1%
* Denmark: 1%
* Libya: 1%

USA's sales -- 1 percent. None provided before or after the Iraq-Iran war.

Syria hiding Iraq WMDs
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36463

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OnlineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: Dutch arrest in Iraq genocide case [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3463518 - 12/08/04 09:32 AM (12 years, 1 day ago)

This "businessman" claims he didn't know but he is guilty as hell.

Among the chemicals he shipped many metric tons of thiodigycol.

Thiodiglycol  S(CH2CH2OH)2 is the direct precursor of the
Mustard Gases HD  S(CH2CH2Cl)2 and HT  O(CH2CH2-S-CH2CH2Cl)2
He delivered these directly to the Iraqi ministry of oil.

As a backgrounder: Among Chemical Warfare agents Mustard Gas is just about the King of Nastiness. It is not as much aimed at lethal effects but rather at causing blisters as large as baked eggs, huge third-degree chemical burns, blindness and respiratory failure.
It is far more a "lethal torture gas" then it is a "poison gas" and it ranks among the very worst weapons ever used in modern warfare.

It is complete patent bullshit that he didn't know.
Not a nation in the world needs an import of scores of tons of Thiodiglycol for legitimate purposes, let alone a Ministry of Oil of a known dictator-led rogue nation. He told Dutch reporters that he knew it was an order to "the Iraqi ministry of oil" so he damn well knew where it all went.

Thiodiglycol is the most direct precursor to the most common mustard gases and it is watched as a chemical warfare precursor as a result of CW treaties.

To simplify it: such shipments of Thiodiglycol to a dictatorship are as suspect as an order of 1.000 cases of dynamite delivered to a home address in Belfast.

After the Kurds were gassed by his chemical shit and he was found out this fine gentlemen fled to Saddam-led Iraq where this genocide was alledged to be committed by the very same dictator on his own soil.

After the US won the Gulf War he fled back to Holland where he was watched.

When he was feeling the heat and packed his bags *again* he was finally apprehended.

He most certainly "knew the destination and ultimate purpose of the materials he was shipping," as prosecutors claim.

GUILTY AS CHARGED :thumbdown:

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion