Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Do Evangelists trust God?
    #3460473 - 12/07/04 03:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If so, why the non-stop need to preach? Are they afraid that God is incapable of touching individuals directly as he did to them?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Do Evangelists trust God? [Re: Swami]
    #3460487 - 12/07/04 03:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The bible teaches to preach the message of the gospel; they obviously have to trust God in order to put so much time and effort into what they do. I feel that this is in reference to Freak and FN, but in the case of most new believers the reason they chose to believe in the first place was because they first received the INFORMATION from someone and the "coaxing" to change from God. Obviously you would have to trust God for anyone to ever be effectively "evangelized".

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Do Evangelists trust God? [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3460522 - 12/07/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I read that spreading the word should be done by action, and not word of mouth. IE people see you're really super duper, try to find out about you and then see you're a christian.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Do Evangelists trust God? [Re: vampirism]
    #3460541 - 12/07/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Mark 16:15 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

(By creature, it means every human - not like that nutball preaching to the lions.... :tongue:)

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3460558 - 12/07/04 04:11 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
If so, why the non-stop need to preach? Are they afraid that God is incapable of touching individuals directly as he did to them?

Sadly the truth is, they need to pay for the travel expenses and the hotel rooms, the golden rings, the whores, the cocaine, etc....... :smile:

But from the real reasons yes in fact Christians are to spread the word of God. But the best way is to let people see your fruits as they will invite discussion :thumbup:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3460645 - 12/07/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Like any good businessmen, they don't want to lose their status as middlemen.

The Catholics have taken this idea to a whole new level. To be sin-free you must crawl into a dark booth with the middleman and whisper your transgressions to him; He, in turn, picks up the imaginery phone in the darkened phone booth and relays your message to God.

Weird, wild stuff!

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Do Evangelists trust God? [Re: Jellric]
    #3460676 - 12/07/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You know where that whole thing of the confession both came from ?

During the Spanish Inquisition the Roman Catholics were running short on Christians to kill so what better way........ The leaders of the church suddenly had a vision from God to start Confessions. Now they had a way to find more Christians and criminals.

How covenant. And when the murder stopped why get rid of such a wonderful powerful tool of manipulation. Of course they now claim they have it right........... But why do I need a Man to talk to God for me ?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Do Evangelists trust God? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3460722 - 12/07/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

But why do I need a Man to talk to God for me ?

Exactly. Why do I need a man to tell me God's (alleged) truth? Is he not all-powerful and omniscient?

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3460745 - 12/07/04 04:55 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
But why do I need a Man to talk to God for me ?

Exactly. Why do I need a man to tell me God's (alleged) truth? Is he not all-powerful and omniscient?

Hum............ You don't

But it helps.

Can a Man find God alone, without a bible and living on a deserted island ?

Yes he can becasue if he is truly wanting to find God. God will make a way.

God lives in Men and speaks through men. So it stands to reason that a Man can teach another Man about God. God works through many means Swami.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3460756 - 12/07/04 04:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

If I am not in the spirit of God, then it is impossible for me to determine when another is speaking for God.

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3460804 - 12/07/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
If I am not in the spirit of God, then it is impossible for me to determine when another is speaking for God.

Exacty correct, on your own it is impossible

What must happen is this......... You take what you have heard and read. Then bring it to God in private prayer and ask him to give you understanding. To decern what in fact is the wisdom of God.

The goal is to keep your eyes on God not men. Men are but compiled stack of self and God. Sometime more God and sometimes more Man.

God is the ultimate teacher. Men are just tools and quite frankly sometimes quite dull and are in need of a sharpening by God

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3460823 - 12/07/04 05:17 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The goal is to keep your eyes on God not men.

How can I keep my eyes on something invisible and intangible and converse with soemthing that is totally non-responsive?

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3460835 - 12/07/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You can not you are a Atheist

It takes Faith and Abandonment of Self to find God.

God is very responsive........or course to know this to be true it requires Faith and Abandonment of self.....etc.....

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #3460962 - 12/07/04 05:46 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think they are afraid that they do not know themselves of whether or not GOD is with them, the only way they have of feeling comfortable is to tell everyone else how close they are to the television, i mean god... jeez, im always getting those confused...

Offlinebjjrevol
Jiujitsuka

Loc: AZ
Re: Do Evangelists trust God? [Re: Zero7a1]
    #3461654 - 12/07/04 08:21 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

This shouldn't be taken, by any means, as a slam on all christians. I respect faith and I think the bible is deeply beautiful, from a literary standpoint. But, there's no denying that there is a substantial business aspect to the evangelical movement specifically. This is why you have televangelists promising that god will reward all the poor old folks sending them part of their social security checks. Seriously, I was up late and found myself watching one of the religious channels, and they actually had a guy on promising that you would literally get your money back double from god. Another example: I lived in Guatemala a few years back, and in a little rural maya town, population about 8000, they had 8 competing evangelical churches, all with loudspeakers blaring hyms and appeals for cash five or six days a week, to one catholic church. In the capitol, there are huge, stadium-like auditoriums, with five or six story parking garages. And I counted more than five! Isn't it all the same Word? Keep in mind that none of these are catholic.

--------------------
"If God wanted people to die with dignity, He wouldn't have created modern medical technology capable of artificially prolonging life." - The Onion

"What is best in life? To crush your enemies, drive them before you, and laugh at the weeping of their women."
- Conan the Barbarian

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Do Evangelists trust God? [Re: bjjrevol]
    #3461672 - 12/07/04 08:24 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bjjrevol said:
This shouldn't be taken, by any means, as a slam on all christians. I respect faith and I think the bible is deeply beautiful, from a literary standpoint. But, there's no denying that there is a substantial business aspect to the evangelical movement specifically. This is why you have televangelists promising that god will reward all the poor old folks sending them part of their social security checks. Seriously, I was up late and found myself watching one of the religious channels, and they actually had a guy on promising that you would literally get your money back double from god. Another example: I lived in Guatemala a few years back, and in a little rural maya town, population about 8000, they had 8 competing evangelical churches, all with loudspeakers blaring hyms and appeals for cash five or six days a week, to one catholic church. In the capitol, there are huge, stadium-like auditoriums, with five or six story parking garages. And I counted more than five! Isn't it all the same Word? Keep in mind that none of these are catholic.

Those late night evangelists are full of shit as I've see them. I was just referring to the christians dedicated to spreading the gospel. (not collecting any money anywhere).

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Do Evangelists trust God? [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3461729 - 12/07/04 08:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Always keep this in mind as it is so very powerful in discerning a man's heart.

If you suspect the people you are listening to are out for CASH. Then run like the windddddddddddddd

No no no no just kidding there is alot to learn from such TV shows. Keep watching if you can. Me all I feel is greed and I have to turn it off.

It is sad that so many Christian Church's have such high payrolls. In fact I would say that one fact alone is the entire reason the Christian church as a whole is suffering from a lack of the works of God.

The intent of these churches is the next Car,house,ring etc....

When they put a limit on Love they put a limit on God working through them.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom