Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshiitake
meeting the parameters for a 6x6x6 grow chamber
    #3460095 - 12/07/04 04:21 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Ok, So I'm planing to use a 6x6x6 portable greenhouse filled with a plastic rack and shelve system. This gourmet grow room will be 220 cubic feet so I'm roughly needing to supply 15 CFM to turn the air over 4 times an hour to meet the needs of up to 45 cubic feet of substrate.

Question 1, Will a couple of coolmists supply the fresh air output and keep the RH around 85%. Should I introduce an ultrasonic as well?

Question 2, Any suggestions for connecting the coolmist/ultrasonic up to the grow room? For the coolmist I was figuring on running a 3/4 to 1 inch pvc pipe about three feet up the growroom. Then put an elbow on it and run it through the plastic sheeting letting the humidified air escape through the unrestricted opening. Maybe one of these could be placed at each wall to help circulate the air next to the fruitbodies.

Final question, Any suggestions on good humidfiers with output openings that will accomodate this.

Thanks for the help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: meeting the parameters for a 6x6x6 grow chamber [Re: shiitake]
    #3461524 - 12/07/04 09:56 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

I would use a single cool mist and an ultrasonic on a timer if you need it. If you do will depend on the ambiant humidity and other factors like you and your exact equipment. Try with a single cool mist then add the ultrasonic if needed.

Both of my chambers are about that size..one slightly bigger and I run an ultrasonic on for 2 hours and off for 3 with manual air exchange 1-3 times a day without problems. I've tried combos of cool mists and ultrasonics and this is what works for me..everyones different. Hope this helps.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineshiitake
Re: meeting the parameters for a 6x6x6 grow chamber [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3464841 - 12/08/04 03:36 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

Thanks scatmanray, Thats just the info I was looking for. I will take your advice, keep it simple and make modifications untill I hit the sweet spot. BTW What kind of ultrasonic do you use? How do you hook it up to the grow room? should it be on the external environment like the coolmist.
Thanks again.

Offlinenu2mycology
trying out pooh
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida USA
Re: meeting the parameters for a 6x6x6 grow chamber [Re: shiitake]
    #3465047 - 12/08/04 04:23 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

I have a 260 cubic foot fruiting chamber that I made. In It I use 2 Vicks cool mists and 1 Vicks ultrasonic and have no troubles with keeping 100% RH.

--------------------
The author of this lies more than the government and you should not believe anything he writes!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: meeting the parameters for a 6x6x6 grow chamber [Re: nu2mycology]
    #3466580 - 12/08/04 08:31 PM (12 years, 3 days ago)

Well I use closets so I had no way to pump in air, thats why I dont use a cool mist for air exchange..the ultrasonics just sit inside the closets that are covered with plastic head to toe with shelves. They have a fan on them blowing upwords (theyre on the ground) to circulate air and humidity. Fans are good since co2 sinks it can form pockets. I use a mini fan once every day or two over all the casings too to get any pockets that may be there.

Humidifers can be anywhere but I would suggest outside the chamber. It may be a pain to pump the air in but its no where near the pain of cleaning all the damned spores from all over it :smile: I'd pump them both in to the top of your chamber..ultrasonic over the cool mist so the cool mist (which should run 24/7) will disturb the fog from the ultrasonic the way I use my fan to do. That is of course if you need the ultrasnoic. Look around for Magashs Martha and humidifier hose setups..he has lots of nice pics of a cool mist ultra sonic combo.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation