Home | Community | Message Board


Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMounsteen
Stranger

Registered: 12/05/04
Posts: 52
Loc: Manitoba, Canadia
Last seen: 11 years, 9 months
Youth smoking pot is because of risk?? So says Stats Canada
    #3458304 - 12/07/04 03:11 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey guys, just thought that you may find this some what interesting or funny and if not maybe at least the fellow canadians will.


OTTAWA - Smoking pot appears to be linked to risk-taking in youths, Statistics Canada suggests.

"The incidence of marijuana use was 1.8 to 2.6 times higher among youth who reported participating in risky behaviours," the agency reported.

Among 16- and 17-year-olds who said they stayed out all night without permission, 72 per cent said they had tried smoking marijuana. The remaining 28 per cent had not.

Among 16- and 17-year-olds who said they had taken money from their parents, 64 per cent said they had tried smoking pot.

Out of those who reported they had damaged others' property, 69 per cent said they had smoked marijuana.

The survey also found that symptoms of depression, anxiety and distress increased among adolescents as they grew older from 1996-97 to 2000-01.

In 1996-97, nine per cent of youth aged 12 and 13 reported having symptoms of depression, Statistics Canada said.

By the time these youths were 16 and 17 years old, 24 per cent reported having symptoms of depression.

The survey is a joint effort involving the National Longitudinal Survey of Children and Youth, Human Resources Development Canada and Statistics Canada.

It follows the development of children and measures the incidence of various factors that influence this development, both positively and negatively.

The latest results are based on a preliminary analysis of information collected from youths 16 and 17 in 2000-01 who were followed from the time they were age 10 and 11 in 1994-95.

SOURCE: http://www.cbc.ca/story/news/national/2003/06/16/Consumers/teen_pot030616.html


--------------------
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, sex, violence and insanity - but chrissakes, they've always worked for me!"


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Registered: 10/25/04
Posts: 3,140
Re: Youth smoking pot is because of risk?? So says Stats Canada [Re: Mounsteen]
    #3458316 - 12/07/04 03:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

risky bidness that p-o-t smoking is.


--------------------


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGus
Back in town.

Registered: 07/16/03
Posts: 1,503
Loc: Quebec, Canada
Last seen: 8 years, 3 months
Re: Youth smoking pot is because of risk?? So says Stats Canada [Re: Mounsteen]
    #3461286 - 12/07/04 08:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Wow thats just fascinating :smirk:
Sobers people cant understand pot smokers it seems.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Youth smoking ants to get high [UAE]
( 1 2 all )
veggie 11,537 32 06/03/08 06:38 PM
by 1dude1
* More kids smoking pot than cigs [AU] veggie 1,689 6 11/29/05 08:58 AM
by Young_but_cool
* Bizarre Ont. pot case tests Canada's possession laws veggie 928 1 06/19/08 05:41 PM
by StanleyPain
* 'We smoke pot' [ME] veggie 3,490 18 07/14/08 12:55 PM
by dwpineal
* Mom lets 18-month old smoke pot veggie 3,051 10 08/05/05 12:06 AM
by LeftyBurnz
* Granite Bay soccer players suspended for smoking pot Bridgeburner 1,890 1 10/05/07 02:46 AM
by Nasrudin
* Man accused of smoking pot, drinking beer in ice-cream truck [SPRING HILL] Bridgeburner 1,067 3 07/20/08 01:30 PM
by Phish_Dude
* Smoking pot doesn't harm brain function - study motamanM 1,751 4 07/06/03 12:40 PM
by RedNucleus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: motaman, karode13, Alan Rockefeller, naum, Mostly_Harmless
1,196 topic views. 1 members, 5 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:

Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.002 seconds on 14 queries.