Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
OBE
    #3457412 - 12/06/04 09:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm reading an old book by an Ian Currie that was published in the 70's. It's called YOU CANNOT DIE. Yes, all caps.

It's an alrite book, there has been much science thrown into the pot since it was written tho. I find that it is mostly a collection of really neat ghostly type stories.

I was wondering if there was anyone in here who has the control to have an Out of Body Experience purposefully?

Or even anyone who has inadvertently found themselves looking upon their flesh body during sleep or illness?

I'd really love to hear your story....

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: OBE [Re: CherryBom]
    #3457481 - 12/06/04 10:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Once when I was a kid (maybe 10 years old) I was trying to start a fire by concentrating the suns rays with a magnifying glass. It takes a long time of holding the glass in one spot and focusing on the one bright spot of light. I guess I was sort of trancing on that little bright dot of light for a long time when my perspective slowly started to change. Its hard to describe this, but it was like I slowly began rise out of my body and I found myself looking down upon myself sitting in the sun and holding the magnifying glass. It lasted for several seconds, me slowly moving away from my body, before I got scared. I was about ten feet above myself when I got scared. As soon as I felt the fear I immediately snapped back into the perspective of sitting on the ground.

I tried to make it happen again all summer but could not.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: OBE [Re: shroomydan]
    #3457508 - 12/06/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The fact that you were inadvertently lighting dried Jimson Weed leaves had nothing to do with the experience.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: OBE [Re: shroomydan]
    #3457515 - 12/06/04 10:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting.  Most accounts of an Out of Body Experience seem to come to a quick ending once fear is felt.

Sometimes there is a feeling of peace or even adventure.  I read one account of a lady in the 1930's who could do it and so much control that she could manipulate objects while in her astral state.  She would appear to her husband who travelled alot while he was away.

What a way to keep in contact with loved ones, eh?  :lol:

It sure makes cell phones obsolete.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3457707 - 12/06/04 11:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"Or even anyone who has inadvertently found themselves looking upon their flesh body during sleep or illness?"

ive had 3 or 4 out of body experiences, all inadvertent. Once i was awakend from sleep by a terrible stomach ache, i sat on the shitter for about 2 hours till it died down, went back to bed and instantly passed out, The second i lost conciousness i felt a vibration then i soared upwards with a jerk and found myself in the top corner of my room above me body, I could see but things were fuzzy and grey. i tried to float higher but got confused when i tried to go through the roof and then everything went black and i woke up.

another time i woke up from a dream, fell back into sleep and then felt vibrations and floated out of my body. I floated through my room, out the door, down the stairs, then turned around, floated back into my room, and when i got close to my body i was pulled back in and imediatly woke up.

Others were all similar, involving interupted sleep, and always accompanied by vibrations in the body like electrical current.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: OBE [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3458742 - 12/07/04 07:40 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

When I was a small child, I remember having such a vivid, realistic 'dream'. I was sick in bed and had taken a day or two off of school to recover. I think I was no more then about 6 or 7 years old.

Immediately after dozing off, I felt myself floating weightlessly above my bedroom, through the door and downstairs where my parents were having a visit with some neighbors. I could hear them talking and see them clearly and nothing was strange or out-of-place as dreams are wont to do, aside from my weightless, comfortable floating.

They were talking about me. They were talking about my flu, or whatever I had at the time and discussing different remedies.

And then it was over and I was back to 'normal' in my bed, in my body, no longer weightless and no longer free from the ails of my sick little body.

I remember telling my mother all about how wonderful it felt to be so free floating around listening to the adults chatter about adult things and she, and I as well, passed it off as a vivid dream.

Looking back on this now, in retrospect... I wonder, but there are a few things that make me quite curious.

1. I still remember this experience almost 20 years later. I do not remember dreams with such detail from my early childhood. Only vague themes or symbolism. There was no symbolism in this 'dream' for it didnt hold the general make-up and chaotic nonsense that dreams usually hold for me. It was normal.

2. I was quite sick in bed. My mother confirmed for me that she had in fact been visiting with the neighbors, discussing different remedies for my sickness, but on another note, perheaps I subconciously heard this chatter coming up the stairs in my sleep....?

3. I felt no fear at all. Only wonder and mild astonishment at my new found abilities. I guess a 6 year old has a lot less to be frightened of, generally speaking.

I wonder if I could do it again. I think my young age and illness had a lot to do with it. Now that I am older and trying to do it on purpose, things might not go as smoothly.

Oh the soul is such a facinating facet of moi! I really would like to get to know my soul so much better....

--------------------

Anonymous

#3458826 - 12/07/04 08:39 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

im gonna go have one right now! :tongue:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom