Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: ]
    #3471690 - 12/09/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

but duh man, of course i knew what you meant :tongue:  life is the ultimate journey.  with or without mind altering substances. :heart:

i think they are necessary for some people who get so far lost they need some sort of mind opener.  but if we all were spiritually enlightened parents, and passed the wisdom and influences onto our children, then the we would evolve as a whole SUPER FAST.  instead of filling our kids with fear(religion is good for that), we would fill them with truth of love. 

and man, its sad to say that i cant even imagine how great the world would be if that were the way it was now days, because we are so lost as a whole that i really dont know anything but pain here.  very rarely do i run into an awakened soul in person.  ive actually smiled at strangers(i do it a lot) and i feel their fear.  WHAT THE FUCK? hahah, its so funny, i smiled at this one dude trying to act all hard and bad ass, and i felt his fear, but yet he still kept on mean muggin and tryin to act hard...some people are so fucking lost.  its not my fear, cuz i am totally calm and at peace in those moments.  i aint scared to smile at somebody.  older people especially will get scared.  like they think im smiling cuz im crazy, hahah, fuck em. but there are those that know whats up and smile back and i get a nice tingly lovey vibration :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelilbil
republican hippy(only one)

Loc: Montana, usa
Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: ]
    #3471819 - 12/09/04 05:06 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

me and my friend always talk about it, i say no man, of course not we have nothing else to do but get fucked up and chill(thats not completly true, i ski, hang out with my gf and go to school and church, and work) but that only eats up a little of my time.

--------------------
----------------------------------------------

if ignorance is bliss, then sadly my mom and dad are very happy......

OfflineLateNightToker

Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: Anonymous]
    #17942669 - 03/12/13 06:32 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

It's ideologies like that that put me off getting deep into psyches
Say I'm weak minded if you will but I'd rather stay deluded in this fake reality
Than be tweaked into believing your real one haha

OfflineBawks
Sleepy z_z

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Cid City
Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: LateNightToker]
    #17942741 - 03/12/13 06:59 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I have some similar thoughts. I'm alone most of the time so it gives
me plenty of time to reflect on a variety of topics. As for drugs, I feel
like it's just another experience. I love 'em, but I also love sobriety.
Drugs are just something one can experience during their lifetime, so why
not? It requires some open minded thinking (or reckless behavior) to
actually take that first step, but it's so rewarding when you actually do
so. Sure, some people out there with an addictive personality might regret
their decision later on, but I feel like even an addict can still say to
themselves, "Maybe that part of my life was depressing at times, but at
least I got to experience what it was like." I've had my own non-drug
related addiction. Part of me wishes I never had it, but there were also
some memorable times during that period of my life that I wouldn't have had
otherwise.

--------------------
Savor the best and embrace the worst

OfflineGodel Escher Bach
Stranger

Re: Do we realy need "drugs"? [Re: Legoulash]
    #17942795 - 03/12/13 07:20 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

I think the question is a bit skewed. No, we don't need drugs per se, just like we don't need, say, a hammer (or any other tool) to build a house for example. But tools sure do help, unless you use them wrong of course.

What about stuff like insulin or antibiotics? Where do you draw the line between a drug and source of sustenance/nutrients? Most of our drugs are derived from plants, fruits, mushroom, whatever. In my opinion, we depend on drugs to live. All of us. It's just that we have deemed some drugs illegal. Even absurd things like molecules our own bodies produce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bufotenin - Schedule 1 substance, the worst of the worst should get put there unless I'm mistaken.

Yet: "A 2010 study utilized a mass spectrometry approach to detect levels of bufotenin in the urine of individuals with severe autism spectrum disorder (ASD), schizophrenia, and asymptomatic subjects. Their results indicate significantly higher levels of bufotenin in the urine of the ASD and schizophrenic groups when compared to asymptomatic individuals.[35]"

Congratulations US government, you have officially outlawed mental illness (and urine). Pissing in public just became a federal offense.

OfflineToker420
Stranger

Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #17948705 - 03/13/13 12:22 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

recalcitrant said:
SOmetimes when I open my eyes I can see something strange. It's like the inside of my eye is being reflected and amplified back onto my retina. It looks like looking into a microscope and seeing bacteria.

It used to just be a couple sections of bacteria (like two sausage links) but it has grown to be a chain of at least 5, and they curl around. Also in the spaces around it, these tiny, tiny colour variations flutter around rapidly. It sort of reminds me of exposing radiation to a luminescent film.

It is especially easy to notice this "inner image" when I am looking at snow. Any idea what this is, or similar experiences?

That's the blood in your eye. You're seeing white blood cells, it's easier to see over white surfaces because they are very translucent.

Offlinezhparrish
Lost Voyager
Male

Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: Toker420]
    #17948833 - 03/13/13 12:58 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Toker420 said:
Quote:

recalcitrant said:
SOmetimes when I open my eyes I can see something strange. It's like the inside of my eye is being reflected and amplified back onto my retina. It looks like looking into a microscope and seeing bacteria.

It used to just be a couple sections of bacteria (like two sausage links) but it has grown to be a chain of at least 5, and they curl around. Also in the spaces around it, these tiny, tiny colour variations flutter around rapidly. It sort of reminds me of exposing radiation to a luminescent film.

It is especially easy to notice this "inner image" when I am looking at snow. Any idea what this is, or similar experiences?

That's the blood in your eye. You're seeing white blood cells, it's easier to see over white surfaces because they are very translucent.

To further add onto that, blood cells are always moving through the eye and the only reason we don't notice or see them often is because our brain ignores them. This can be bypassed in situations like when you go to the eye and they put in those numbing eye drops which then causes you to start seeing the blood cells floating around in your eye.

--------------------
Life must be the preparation for the transition to another dimension.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Do we really need "drugs"? [Re: zhparrish]
    #17950735 - 03/13/13 07:24 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

actually it is remnants of your embrionic sac in the vitreous humor of the eye.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom