Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
OOps.
    #3457204 - 12/06/04 09:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I built my TIT tonight. Except I filled it up with REALLY hot water first because I..I..well, to be honest I was stupi-fried.

Anyhow, I got some picks of the works...But before I got into that, here is what has happened:
Dec 3, inoculated Two grain based myco environment bags, one with Rican, the other with an Aussie. I also inoculated a large rye myco bag for G2G (Rican)

Bags set in Rubbermaid tub, tub set up high in closet. Floor heater turned on, room temp. remained at 84F.

I was worried about the humidity, so I measured it..yikes, 39%...So I decided to build my TIT and put a jar of water with air bubbling through it.

Like I said, I filled the tub with HOT water...I laid my bags in without thinking about how hot it was. Turned around to read some long ass post by agar, and not 2 minutes later found the temp reading 106 on the bottom of the bin...yanked the bags out. They were warm, but not 106...so I think they are OK. Here are some picks..

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/04-50/239252828-blackshroom.jpg

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejuende
feministpresence

Re: OOps. [Re: ADoobie]
    #3457336 - 12/06/04 09:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

don't worry about 2mins. you'll be fine. but i do like that last photo of the mushir poster. that is sweet.

welcome and good luck with yer grow!

Offlineatomic1
enthusiast
Male

Loc: Appalachia
    #3457955 - 12/06/04 11:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ADoobie said:
I was worried about the humidity, so I measured it..yikes, 39%...So I decided to build my TIT and put a jar of water with air bubbling through it.

You don't need the jar of water in there. You're bags should hold their own humidity through incubation. Take it outta there so you can fit more bags or jars. Its just your grow chamber that you need to keep humidified. :thumbup:

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: OOps. [Re: atomic1]
    #3459699 - 12/07/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, thats why I originally didn't try worry about moisture...but the bags started to look drier than when I got them.

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Offlinespliffmasta
Fuzzy thumb
Loc: Casing layer of hell
    #3459719 - 12/07/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I don't get all this about humidifying your incubator.

A) Is having a moister atmosphere outside of the very nearly sealed jars really going to help THAT much in maintaining the moisture inside the jars?

B) Moisture and water only invite contaminations to your incubator, which I imagine is part of the reason that the TiT was invented the way it was as opposed to just leaving the jars standing in water, which would be much more efficient in maintaining temps.

C) Does humid/moist air hold more heat energy?

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: OOps. [Re: spliffmasta]
    #3459774 - 12/07/04 01:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

spliffmasta said:
I don't get all this about humidifying your incubator.

A) Is having a moister atmosphere outside of the very nearly sealed jars really going to help THAT much in maintaining the moisture inside the jars?

B) Moisture and water only invite contaminations to your incubator, which I imagine is part of the reason that the TiT was invented the way it was as opposed to just leaving the jars standing in water, which would be much more efficient in maintaining temps.

C) Does humid/moist air hold more heat energy?

A) What Jars? I am using bags with big filter patches...I noticed humidity levels extremely low, and no condensation forming on the inside of the bags...I placed the jar with water in there, and by the time the humidity levels hit 60% ish, the bags had developed a load of condensation.

B) I'm not extremely worried about it...I used some hydrogen peroxide in the mason jar, and the humidity is being kept in the 60-70 range range...inside the bags are much higher.

C) No idea

No wonder you are confused...you didn't read the post or check the pics...

--------------------
ADoobie said:

Edited by ADoobie (12/07/04 01:14 PM)

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3459869 - 12/07/04 01:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Humidity in TIT or Incubation room can be low, moisture only attracts contams.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds