Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Poll ... what do you prefer?
    #343213 - 06/18/01 12:20 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

...shrooms or acid? why?
for such a simple post i dont believe ive seen it here at the Shroomery since ive been here

Personally (from my experience, which is fairly limited) i like acid a lot better. the visuals are a lot more detailed than shrooms, and definitely stronger. the mindfuck is A LOT more powerful yet it doesnt seem to bother me all that much. though the trip itself is a lot more powerful, it doesnt scare me as much (?). i get a lot more inspiration from acid in general. i just love it.
the only reasons i like shrooms more is because the euphoria, when it kicks in, is a lot better than acid. the visuals are "cleaner" and smoother and i have no paranoia whatsoever unlike acid. just a much "happier" drug in general...

but i still love acid more :)

We're all mad here...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroomies
Re: Poll ... what do you prefer? [Re: HB]
    #343262 - 06/18/01 01:34 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

shroomies, they got that soul baby

nothing I see can be taken from me

--------------------
nothing I see can be taken from me

Invisibleshroom-girlie
addict
Loc: California
Re: Poll ... what do you prefer? [Re: shroomies]
    #343265 - 06/18/01 01:46 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I agree, i like mushies better. I have just had better trips off of shrooms.

--------------------

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

Invisiblelibertycap

#343356 - 06/18/01 05:51 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Definitely mushrooms

OfflineGrimace
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
    #343761 - 06/18/01 05:39 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I think overall I have had more peaceful and insipirational trips on mushrooms, although I've had a couple that I didn't like. I enjoyed the one really powerful trip I had on acid but I'm not sure I want to try it again. Shroom highs seem so much more organic and natural as opposed to LSD seeming sharp and mechanical. My attention for detail seems higher on shrooms as well.
You should put DMT in the poll too. I'm very curious about the thoughts of those that have had the pleasure of smoking grade A DMT. It sounds incredible.

Grimace

P.S. How the hell do you change your title?!!!! I must be an ediot!

Marty

"Is there any way of knowing..... which direction we are going?!!! YES!"

--------------------
"Is there anyway of knowing........which direction we are going?!! Yes!"
Mr. Wonka

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Poll ... what do you prefer? [Re: Grimace]
    #343861 - 06/18/01 07:55 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

first of all, to change your title theres a forum for it, i believe.

secondly, i hear everybody say that shrooms feel more "organic" than acid. they are in fact more organic but i dont think it makes much of a difference while tripping. its a totally different trip but i dont think its more mechanical unless you make it out to be that way. shrooms feel more smooth, as opposed to the jitters i get on acid. acid is a lot more uppity, shrooms are layed-back. personally, i feel like im in a toy store or something on shrooms because the way the visuals are. they feel plastic-y and toyish and the way they move is just very toyish. acid feels at times very metallically organic (do you understand?) like i see metallic thorns coming out of my arm. i dont know, i just love acid.

We're all mad here...

Anonymous

#343983 - 06/18/01 10:03 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Shrooms... more peaceful, more 'controllable' (you grow your own; you know what 5 grams are. You buy acid which could be any strength from 0ug to 200 ug.) More fun, IMHO.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoughts follow my vision and dance in the sun

Invisiblemr crisper

#344002 - 06/18/01 10:12 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

shrooms
these days acid makes me feel sick, leg cramps and body spasms.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

#344025 - 06/18/01 10:36 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

LSD, any time. if i had a source of acid i wouldn't even care about shrooms. i prefer the stronger, longer trip it gives. other than that the effects are exactly the same for me, any difference is all in the mind.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: Poll ... what do you prefer? [Re: Disco Cat]
    #344027 - 06/18/01 10:40 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I agree. In my mind LSD is a far superior drug. It is more fulfilling and at the same time is more fun. With mushrooms, my emotions become too extreme to have a really good time. I get too caught up in my emotions, which distracts me from everything else that is going on with the trip. But I guess psychedelics aren't always about having a good time.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

OfflineWoodsman
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
    #344029 - 06/18/01 10:44 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Shrooms, hands down. Haven't done acid for years & have no desire to ever again--too wiry, lasts too long & gets boring. Too physically exhausting, really saps your energy for a couple days after. And the visuals at peak are too flashy & hyperkinetic--shroom visuals evolve more slowly & fluidly, with more complex interweavings of form & texture , & deeper, richer colors.

Of course, peyote is superior to both, but fat chance of ever finding that again!

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #344275 - 06/19/01 07:59 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

LSD.

Lasts longer. Less physical interference. More adrenaline. Visuals are more "intense". More rapidity of mood swings. Sheer insanity.

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
    #345639 - 06/20/01 11:23 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hmmmm. About a year ago I would have said mushrooms without hesitation. But that was really because I had had very little experience with acid. Everytime I do acid I get more and more interested in it. I actually like the fact that shrooms dont last as long for the most part. I only say this because its a rare occassion for me to have 12 hours in which I will be in an environment thats condusive to tripping without interuption. Also acid seems to just wipe me the fuck out after tripping for so long. Kid says he gets less physical interferance with acid but i tend to get much more. Most times, towards the halfway point of my trip my back tightens up, my legs ache, and i have a headache. Shrooms seem to be much more gentle in this aspect. I remember the first time I did acid I was like, "Where the hell are the visuals?!" It took me a few trips to realize that acid visuals are much different than shrooms. Shrooms are more colorful and fluid while acid is much more flashy, and skitsophrenic. Shrooms have a more meaningful and almost spiritual feeling to them. i usually feel much more fufilled and enlightened afterward. While acid is great cause makes almost anything possible. My creativity goes though the roof. I love how on acid you get to your peak and you can just start creating scenarios and scenes at will.

This is a really hard question for me to answer, especially since its been so long since my last shrooms trip, while i did acid about 2 weeks ago. I'm going to say mushrooms until further experience with acid is gained.

"I hate to say this, but this place is getting to me. I think I'm getting the Fear."

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Poll ... what do you prefer? [Re: Floydian]
    #346367 - 06/21/01 11:23 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

im pretty sure that all your "aching" that everybody including me sometimes gets is all psychosomatic, for the most part. i could only feel it if i looked for it, otherwise it was gone (for both shrooms and acid)

We're all mad here...

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #352050 - 06/30/01 04:33 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Definatly acid for me.
Shrooms are fun and all but i love that energy that i get from acid. I also like the intensity. During the peak of an acid trip i never know what is going on around me because i am so lost in my own world. I like how i lose myself on acid, that doesnt really seem to happen to me on shrooms. On acid my thoughts come alive and start to live a life of their own. I also seem to get a lot more out of acid than shrooms. Plus with acid i like how my mind starts racing and i have a million great thoughts, and it seems like i learn a lot more about myself from acid than shrooms. I like the way my thinking process changes on acid too...my mind sort of starts to pattern itself if that makes any sense. Plus on acid it feels like i have totally unleashed the power of my mind and my thoughts are a lot more creative. I also think shrooms are too slow compared to acid which keeps going faster and faster. I also like the computerish futuristic feeling that i get on acid. The relaxed flowing feeling from shrooms is cool but i love that computerish feeling. Oh and i love how acid makes music sound so much bigger. And how acid seems to mix up all of my senses. And i also like how acid makes me part of everything else, while shrooms makes everything else part of me. I dunno thats just my opinion.

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinedavidgergen
journeyman

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Poll ... what do you prefer? [Re: Help on the Way]
    #352079 - 06/30/01 06:00 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

dude, that's a good description of an acid trip.

Anonymous

#352196 - 06/30/01 10:49 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

The Aching is real, it is caused by the natural component of LSD, the Ergot. And SLIPKNOT, try Strong mushroom Teas. 50+ grams fresh/ person in as little water as possible. It will hit you in about 15 minutes max. The first two hours are the best, just sit back close your eyes and enjoy, after that go outside and see the world. I like them both Acid and shrooms. Acid makes me really good at throwing Darts, playing hacky sac, things of this nature. It gives you superman skills. Shrooms, SHRooms, SHROOMS. I do prefer the Shrooms. I can sit in a completely dark room, with no outside stimuli, and go places ACID could never take me.
Acid was for when you had a ticket to get in to the show, shrooms were for getting left outside with the drum circle.

Edited by Teonan on 07/01/01 12:58 AM.

OfflinePlanet Asia
addict
Re: Poll ... what do you prefer? [Re: ]
    #352218 - 06/30/01 11:28 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

i think shrooms are WAY better than acid. for me shrooms are alot more visual, more mindfuck and overall more of a powerful experience.

--------------------
answers, theyre never out of question

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
    #352768 - 07/01/01 11:51 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

acid is better so far. it was the first drug i did after marijuana (except for these pills called coriceden. thyre just cough and cold pills and when you take 8 of them you trip out). ive only done shrooms about 5 times and they were all the same type (B+ that i grew) and i havent really "ventured" too far in my mind with shrooms. i have done acid around 15-20 times and have gone to places in my mind that i never knew existed. we (me and two friends) decided that we are too fucked up to do it again but weve came to the conclusion that theres nothing wrong with the way we think, the problem the way society brainwashes us to think. you catch my drift? i am really anxious to experience acid again but our dealer "doesnt do that shit anymore" and its really hard to find a reliable acid dealer. ive got some copes (panaleous cyanescans) cultivating right in my bedroom and i am anxious to try their powers but i doubt it will be like acid. theres nothing wrong with that though cuz theyre to complete different drugs and they both give a great feeling!!!

hey, you got to be genuine thats the name of this game. if you're real, then you aint got nothing to worry about, but if youre synthetic then starting tomorrow you're balls come off!

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#352805 - 07/02/01 01:08 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I like shrooms better, anything natural is better than a manufactured substance in my opinion.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order