Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX
Has anyone here eaten peyote?
    #3455731 - 12/06/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I was wondeirng if anyone here has eaten peyote before. How is it compared to a pedro trip?

Edited by Gr0wer (12/06/04 04:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Has anyone here eaten peyote? [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3456671 - 12/06/04 07:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

how about erowid reports pal?
UTFSE..

FH

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX
Re: Has anyone here eaten peyote? [Re: felixhigh]
    #3456756 - 12/06/04 08:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Already read them. I was just looking for more personal experiences. Thats why its titled "anyone here". I was looking to see how clear it is compared to a straight mescal trip.

Edited by Gr0wer (12/06/04 08:09 PM)

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#3457147 - 12/06/04 09:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The amount of people who have actually tried is very small. Most of the reports on erowid look to be from a couple decades ago. They involve being in mexico and paying for a 'tour' out to the desert to collect buttons, often.

But, on the rare chance that some old timer (or big grower) has, I'd love to hear. Maybe mjshroomer? Or anyone whos had a few buttons with their pedro and noticed a difference?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: Has anyone here eaten peyote? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3457253 - 12/06/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yea i was hoping a cacti cultivator like ano might have something to say

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3457288 - 12/06/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

liek most ehre, in 5 years :wink:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#3457354 - 12/06/04 09:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Gr0wer said:
yea i was hoping a cacti cultivator like ano might have something to say

Anno is the mushroom guy. Uno grows cacti.

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Has anyone here eaten peyote? [Re: Gumby]
    #3458898 - 12/07/04 09:08 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Nope. My best friend says in 20 years we'll eat his with our kids when they are fully grown. Motivation to stay alive and raise kids I guess. I proffered Pedro to him but he was as scared. He'll only do his peyotes in 20 years. Myself, I'm all for Pedro, et al. Buzz goes beyond mere obvious factors. There's connotations, though of what only you can know.

--------------------
...or something

Invisiblekoppie
astral projectile
Male

Loc: cloud hidden
Re: Has anyone here eaten peyote? [Re: eve69]
    #3458934 - 12/07/04 09:26 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Not me. After grafting a fairly big button, I had some shavings left over (far too little to have any effect) which I ate because I was curious about the taste, and it was vile. So now I doubt that I ever will be able to eat a full dose. A big glass of 'elephant snot' made from San Pedro tastes good in comparison.

Invisibleobaku
student of theuniverse
Male User Gallery
Loc: Northwest Oregon
Re: Has anyone here eaten peyote? [Re: koppie]
    #3459105 - 12/07/04 10:26 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Back in the seventies I made many trips to Mexico to hunt peyote. I knew a Mexican family who lived near a big reservoir called Presa de Azucar/Presa M. R. Gomez, just accross the border from Rio Grande City, Texas. The town was called Comales, close to Camargo. We usually chopped up the whole, fresh buttons we found nearby and boiled them up. Then we strained the mush and saved the liquid. We boiled the liquid more until it was a concentrated syrup, then we drank it. Since there are many alkaloids in peyote besides mescaline, it was a very interesting trip. Many of the alkaloids have sedating and pain relieving properties. We were usually sore from setting up camp in the desert and very sunburned from hunting peyote, but a few swallows of the concentrate and we were feeling no pain. The green cactus taste really isn't bad itself--it just makes you gag for some reason. And the taste is the same when it comes back up. We drank it and held it down for as long as we could, If we threw up, we would drink more. The sedative/pain killing effect was probably my favorite part. There were visuals, but they were pretty much like those from cubes. One time we tried peyote concentrate enemas, It was a bit weird, but the effects came on strong and there was no bad taste or nausea. The locals make poultices from mashed peyote wrapped in a rag and tie the rag around their heads to cure headaches, but they were a bit worried when we ate peyote, They think peyote can cause epilepsy. We often bought canned grapefruit juice because it is supposed to make the peyote taste more palatable. And when we finally crashed, the peyote made the rocky desert ground feel like a feather bed. Peyote is not just mescaline--it's a whole bouquet of actives.
San Pedro juice is similar tasting to peyote, IMO, but with peyote concentrate, you drink less green slime and get a more interesting experience. I once took peyote with a Native American Church friend. He was very reverent toward peyote, and he was very offended when I suggested that we try to smoke some dried peyote. Mescaline is destroyed when it burns, but some of the other actives will vaporize and produce their effects when smoked.

--------------------
The master's gone herb gathering, somewhere on the mountain, cloud-hidden, whereabouts unknown.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #3465179 - 12/08/04 02:48 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

When I was 16 a friend of mine knew a guy who was a member of the Native American Church. We traded some Lavender liquid for I think it was 7 fresh buttons. I ate two and somewhere between 5-8 hits of liquid. It was obviously different from just the acid. It was very visual. It had a very very "Earthy" feeling to it. Oh my god it was so visual. The impression that I got from it was one of dissappointment in haveing had the experience "polluted" by the acid. If anything I would have rather eaten mushrooms with them. We were camping at a State Park. We walked down the access road while we were peaking. All of the trees with kudzu on them looked really cool. I wish I had them now, I think that I would appreciate them more. I haven't had a strong enough Pedro or Torch experience to compair it to. The strongest that I have had did seem to pale in compairison, however I have never had a all the way full blown, "Hey God what's up?" style trip on either. I look forward to both. I really want to start growing Peyote (hint hint)
-peace

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Has anyone here eaten peyote? [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #3465593 - 12/08/04 04:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Wow.. great posts you two.

mr minds eye, what size were the buttons you ate?

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Re: Has anyone here eaten peyote? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3465867 - 12/08/04 04:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It's been about 4 years but I believe that they were about 2 or so inches diameter. It was technically my friend's liquid that was traded but he wanted to make sure that i got to experience it, so he hooked me up with the biggest two. I chopped them all up into little pieces (tuft and all) put it in boiling water with sugar. I let it sit a good 4-5 hours before I drank it (chunks and all) I've had worse, cough-Pedro snot.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Anonymous

Re: Has anyone here eaten peyote? *DELETED* [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #3466038 - 12/08/04 05:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by PsiloPsychic

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Re: Has anyone here eaten peyote? [Re: ]
    #3466115 - 12/08/04 05:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Nice Watts quote. We ran into a ranger who was also quite nice during our voyage.

--------------------
-Stephen Hawking

Offlinebmarley3434
wildwalker
Male User Gallery

Loc: nj
Re: Has anyone here eaten peyote? [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #3466341 - 12/08/04 05:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

man those are amazing stories

--------------------
www.returntonature.us - wild foods blog

OM

OfflineQuankus
keep a dreamjournal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Benicia, CA and Monterey ...
Re: Has anyone here eaten peyote? [Re: bmarley3434]
    #3528840 - 12/21/04 06:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i did, but whatever i ate tasted like dry dirt rocks and didnt get me hi at all. at the time i didnt know what peyote was or what exactly i was eating, i still dont know much about it. but i have eaten peyote, just not enough to trip.

--------------------

CyanoFriscosa

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: Has anyone here eaten peyote? [Re: Quankus]
    #3529262 - 12/21/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ahh peyote. i have ben fortunate enough to indulge in that a few times. first time, i ate 3, 3cm button. as they looked like they were going to rot. i used tomato juice to swallow teh chunks that i chewed with my front teeth. this worked very well barely any taste. i wasnt expectign anything. as on erowid it says a dose is abotu 5 large buttons. which i asked the indian about. he said you eat 5 large buttons, then pointed to a tarp, ands said nada. you wont see its there, abviously a very emersive expereince itnot the depths of reality. anyway i sat in a hammock for a few hours with some naseau. then i got up after 2 or 3 hours. and relized teh colors were so vivid. lazar outlines. and very deep thoughts. secodn expereince ate 4 med buttons. hicked in teh mountains for the first few hours. then i found my thoughts even deeper and child hood thoughts came to me. was very profound for me. I almost started to cry, and laugh at teh same time.

i cant really compare it to pedro as i havnt had very large doses. but pedro seems a bit lighter and energetic.

good luck. teach responsible harvest. if there is such a thing

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #3540411 - 12/24/04 08:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i would never eat my babies.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Offlinethethcdragon
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7251684 - 08/02/07 02:21 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I know this is an old post, but I'm new to this site. I have been fortunate enough to come in the possesion of a full sack of buttons, given to me by someone who had just got back from the desert. I couldn't understand what he was trying to say when he gave them to me. I had no idea what it was. aprox. 3-5 lbs of buttons. I had never seen any cactus like it before. Once I safely stored it in my freezer, I did some research. The only person that I had heard peyote from, was my grandfather, who recently passed. So I went to him for advice, he is full native american, was born on a reservation, whole 9 yards. Once he realized what I had, he started preparing me mentally for the intense spirit quest I was about to embarq upon.
I will tell you this, I traveled from this world, and have spoken with the earth and I bested God, I became god, I spoke with spirits and moved time, I have created my own world, and in that world I created every living thing. There are just so many things. 2 months worth of universal impact experiences has left me with constant flashbacks, and lot's of other bad things, but overall I would do it again, given the chance. Sorry I'm not really elaborating, if I did, I would go on forever, and write a book. But I had no idea, so few people have experienced this wonder.
Well, I wish the best for you, have a goodday, Peace

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies