Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAtticMonkey
Fart SniffinPrimate

Loc: Midwest
Quart Jar Tek-Brown Rice
    #345533 - 06/20/01 09:00 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hello,
A FOAF has 7 quart jars of fully colonized whole brown rice. They were did in accordance with the "Quart Jar Tek Revisited" way on this site. So heres the thing, light has been given and CO2 is removed twice a day, but he is still not seeing any pins, what would be the ideal conditions should the jars be placed in for pinning to occur? Also anybody else ever tried this tek and got it to work? Anyways thanks and take care!

Life Is Like A Plate Of Chitlins, Everythings Just Fine Till You Find Out What Your Eatin!

--------------------
Life Is Like A Plate Of Chitlins, Everythings Just Fine Till You Find Out What Your Eatin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: Quart Jar Tek-Brown Rice [Re: AtticMonkey]
    #345566 - 06/20/01 09:57 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Is this one of those "leave the cake in the jar teks"???? if it is then you shouldn't have to worry about anything and just be lazy and forget about the jars. If it's not then you should still be patient for your pins to show up. peace and take your time

"suck my 1st ammendment" - BrownPastures
Drool Donkey Island

OfflineoOTerraSanOo
journeyman
    #346079 - 06/21/01 04:10 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

How long have you been exposing them to light and removing CO2? I am interested as AF is also trying this tek... Can anyone with experience at this tek give any advice?

--
"The work will teach you how to do it."
--Estonian proverb

OfflineAtticMonkey
Fart SniffinPrimate

Re: Quart Jar Tek-Brown Rice [Re: oOTerraSanOo]
    #346359 - 06/21/01 11:11 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I started tipping the jars to release the C02 shortly after i seen the first signs of spore growth which is about 3 weeks or so. And they have been exposed to light for 10 days now, just normal sunlight during the course of the day.

--------------------

OfflineoOTerraSanOo
journeyman
    #346593 - 06/22/01 09:51 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I would say just keep it up for awhile longer, at least another week. MF innoculated 12 quart jars using this tek one week ago, some jars have a little growth, others are about 50%. She is going to start exposing to light tomorrow. I don't think CO2 is probably an issue until you start getting pins, that's when she will start tipping the jars twice daily. Good luck!

OfflineAtticMonkey
Fart SniffinPrimate

Re: Quart Jar Tek-Brown Rice [Re: oOTerraSanOo]
    #347891 - 06/24/01 11:43 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hey good news, my friend discovered the first pin in one of his jars! The funny thing is that the pin is growing on the side of the jar. When he shook the rice after adding some spore water in it, it left a film like stuff on the sides of the jars and during colonization the mycelium took over the sides of the jars growing on the rice film. So thats were the first pin has appeared, it looks really weird seeing a pin just almost floating there. But since seeing that pin we hope that the main substrate body will begin pinning soon! Will keep you guys updated. Take care.

--------------------

OfflineAtticMonkey
Fart SniffinPrimate

#350399 - 06/27/01 08:59 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Another update, several of the jars have begun to pin. He started around may 11 and seen the pinning start yesterday. Pins look healthy, everything seems fine. I'll try to keep you updated on his sucess. Take care.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybin
    #350462 - 06/27/01 11:16 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I did the same thing on accident before. It does take longer to pin invitro than from a cake or casing, it will need plenty of light. It works good though and you will get a nice amount of pins forming in 10-14 days. Mine also grew on the glass, I thought it would hurt them but it didn't, they grew very well and it also has a nice side benifit of making it very easy to pick them. Good luck, and always remember to be patient, having good patience is important in this hobby.

Get Spores for Free!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract