Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Grateful Dead, Nitrous Oxide, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

First post...Trip Report!! (long)
    #3455590 - 12/06/04 06:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have been reading around this site and these message boards for about a year now..and let me see that I think this is a great site, with some really interesting people..and some sweet stories.

I am a Grateful Dead fan..as my username suggests..and I have shroomed a total of 5 times. My most recent trip, which I will share with you right now..took place this past Saturday night, at a concert.

The second that I saw that the Dark Star Orchestra (a Grateful Dead cover band) was coming to Philadelphia, I decided that I definently was going to shroom at this concert. In the weeks prior to this concert I made a valid effort to score some shrooms, unfortunetly to no avail. But knowing this was baiscally a Dead show, I was confident I could score just about any kind of drug I wanted in the parking lot.

Myself and two of my friends departed for the concert at about 6:15.(The show was scheduled for 8:30). When we got there the parking lot was a buzz. On the way down my friend started rolling a blunt that would be saved for after eating the shrooms. So we get there and go to Shakedown Street...where upon entry you are offered a mass amounts of drugs right away. After getting 2 balloons full of nitrous  :crazy2: we started looking for shrooms. After about 5 minutes all three of us settled on mushroom choclates. So we went back and sat in the car and ate them (7:45). Suprisingly they were preety good. After we eat the choclates we walked back to the party scene...and went and smoked a blunt. After about 15 minutes my body started to feel really heavy..and we walked around the lot talking with some people and checking out the artwork and all that. At about 8:15 we decided to go inside. Standing in line to get patted down was humorous. The guys that worked there are really funny when they are patting you down...and that sent me into a giggle fest. So once we were all safely inside the venue (Electric Factory) we used the bathroom and all sat on this bench. I was still having a great body high but wasnt really feeling that much. We sat on the bench for a good amount of time (20-30 minutes) as the crowd filed in. I went and got a drink and a pretzel. After eating the pretzel I asked if my friends were feeling anything. My one friend said no, which got me to worrying...oh great..i got ripped off. But my other friend said he was tripping, which made me confident that it was only a matter of time.

Then we decided we better go stand infront of the stage. As we were waiting for the band to come on, I was just sittin there, feeling really good body wise, but not seeing anything. That all changed when we fired up another blunt just as the band began to play. When we finished that blunt I started to have some visuals. The backdrop behind the 2 drum sets was really entertaining me as the patterns began to change colors and moves in coordination with music. The music was so powerful...enough that I started to dance with the music. It was hard to describe...but it felt like it was just me and the band...I could feel that everybody else was there..but I didnt really see them. I looked to my friends and I could see that they were both enjoying themselves as much as I was. I turned back to the band and during a guitar solo, the lead gutarists fingers were moving so fast that i couldnt belive it. I tried to see if I could move my hands that fast so I started playing air guitar...ha ha. It was very fun. But then I turned around to check on my buddies. And I saw a group of people surrounding somebody on the floor. I recognized that the shoes were my friends. So I turned around to help him...an older Dead Head picked him up, and I could see that my friend was wigging out. The old dead head comforted and pulled him aside, next to the exits. My buddy sat down and i knelt beside him trying to talk to him, but he wasnt comprehending me. I stopped talking and just watched him. All of a sudden he snapped out of it and was like "dude, did I just faint?" and I told him yes and we had a laugh over it. (during those whole series of events I stopped tripping) But then all of a sudden the visuals came back and swamped me over. I was leaning up against the wall and I could feel something intense coming on. I saw some crazy visuals right in front of my face. Really bright colors and I suddenly got extremely hot...I took off my big hoodie and my long sleeve t-shirt that i had on...but I still was feeling like I was about to bug..so i opened up the exit and leaned by head outside...the cold, brisk fresh air felt really good as i breathed it in and out. As I was leaning on the open door i felt if breathing, and almost trying to swallow me. Suddenly by friend(the one who didnt faint) called me inside, saying I was about to get kicked out for leaning out the door. So I came back inside and I couldnt even stand up straight. Suddenly the music became extremely loud and it just kept pulsing...my head began to pound so I went and leaned up against the wall...again I felt like it was swallowing me so i kind of got scared about that and I just bent over. All of a sudden all the sounds stoppped...the music..halted...the crowd was silent..and i was staring into this huge kaleidoscope of colors...and then I vommited into this kaleidoscope of colors and it went away. I vommited in the venue...with may hand gripping the part of the door that you push. I kind of snapped out of this crazy moment when someone was yelling at me to go outside an throw up. So I stepped outside and the door shut behind me...and all i could think was "Oh shit, I got kicked out" I was soaking wet with sweat and just standing out there in the freezing cold with an undershirt on...staring at the doors. I was pissed at myself for vomitting, but i felt much better. Suddenly the door opened and my friend who fainted was there...telling me to come back inside. I went back inside and the band was rocking it hard up on stage. And for the remainder of the first set...I leaned up against the wall just listening to the music.

During the set break my friends and I sat on the ground and went over exactly what just happened.

The second set was sweet as we moved up the front row, directly to the left of the band. I was still tripping, feeling alot better then I was. I leaned on the barrier for the rest of the show...taking in the groovy patterns and lights and the awesome music. I even danced a little more. By the time the concert was over I was done tripping. But I knew my night wasnt over...we went out to the parking lots and got some more nitrous...  :crazy2:

Reflection: I did think that I got ripped off, but after the concert started I knew I would be fine. That whole thing with my friend fainting preety much bugged me out...and as a result i threw up. But after that it was all gravy.

For those of you who have never tripped at a concert..I suggest it, because it really is a good time. That was the second time i ate shrooms at a concert, so i kind of had an idea what to expect.

For you DeadHeads...Dark Star Orchestra is a dead coverband that takes a Dead Show and recreates it song by song. The show they recreated for my show was 3/29/83 Warfield Theatre, San Francisco, CA. Here is the setlist for those interested:

Jack Straw
Bird Song
Little Red Rooster
Ramble on Rose
It's All Over Now
My Brother Esau
Big Railroad Blues
Greatest Story Ever Told

Help on the Way
Franklin's Tower
Estimated Prophet
The Wheel
Throwin' Stones
Not Fade Away
Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad
Johnny B. Goode

E: Baby Blue

E #2(DSO) Hey Jude>Ripple

Hope you enjoyed my report...I'll catch you all later

"They call it a trip because it takes you places"

All i know is something like a bird within her sang/ All i know she sang a little while and then flew on/Tell me all that you know, i'll show you snow and rain.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA, USA
Re: First post...Trip Report!! (long) [Re: deadHead321]
    #3455647 - 12/06/04 06:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, sounds like you had a good time. I will deffinately try tripping at a concert sometime.

Loc: NY
Re: First post...Trip Report!! (long) [Re: Kenny7822]
    #3463590 - 12/08/04 10:15 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thats crazy. Sounds like it would be a lot of fun at a concert. I will have to try that sometime

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Grateful Dead, Nitrous Oxide, The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience