Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefungus_mungus
Stranger

Loc: CA, USA
Newbie in search of help
    #345495 - 06/20/01 10:02 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well I fixed up my first six 1 pint jars using the mmgg tek. I couldn't get ahold of a nail to punch the holes in the lid so I used a steak prong to punch the 4 holes in the lid. What I'm worried about is losing some of the moistore in the jars. I placed a single piece of aluminum over each jar and boiled in a pot for about 30-45 minutes. As I look at the colonizing jars today I'm concerned some of the moisture left through the larger then normal holes on the lid. I didn't fasten the aluminum down too tight.

Basicly, should I be worried about water lose? If so, anything I can do to add water to jars without damaging the process?

Can someone reasure me? :)

Fungus among us!

*Obsenity is the crutch of inarticulate mother fuckers*

--------------------
*Obscenity is the crutch of inarticulate mother fuckers*

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsike
Loc: usa
Re: Newbie in search of help [Re: fungus_mungus]
    #345509 - 06/20/01 10:22 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

you're just fine. actually, the aluminum over the jars during the boiling procedure is to keep too much moisture from GETTING IN the cake. you don't need to add moisture. the amount of moisture in the cake is already what it needs to be from when you mixed the flour/verm. i would suggest not opening the jars until they're fully colonized. even if the moisture in the jars is too low (which it really shouldn't be), you can add moisture after you birth the cakes. there is a tek on the shroomery that explains how to add moisture to a birthd cake, but it is really just to prolong the life of the cake once you have already harvested a couple flushes. one other suggestion, though. boil you jars for AT LEAST a whole hour. this is very important. hope this helps.

just checking what condition my condition is in.

--------------------
just checking what condition my condition is in.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation