Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineALDER_057
addict

WORMDUNG TO STRAW HELP
    #343837 - 06/18/01 07:23 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

AFOAF has a few 1 gallon bags (punctured randomly with a fork and hanging in a cool mist terarium) of 50% worm castings, 50% vermiculite, pasturised and spawned with a quart of bird seed. It was starting to look rizomorphic but did not look like it was grown through, bur my friends friend has just seen that it is pinning like crazy...the most pins he's ever seen in his life. The problem is that this was going to be used to spawn wheat straw and she was wondering at what point the pins would become a factor in causing contam if crushed and mixed with the straw. Any body run in to a similar problem?

FREE SPORE RING
Micron Magick
Crobih is my Founder of the Shroomery

Edited by ALDER_057 on 06/18/01 09:38 PM.

--------------------
Drug Dealing & Trading Forum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineALDER_057
addict

Re: WORMDUNG TO STRAW HELP [Re: ALDER_057]
    #343841 - 06/18/01 07:28 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

FREE SPORE RING
Micron Magick

Edited by ALDER_057 on 06/18/01 09:30 PM.

--------------------

OfflineMNmyc
enthusiast

Loc: MN
    #344110 - 06/19/01 01:13 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

My experience with these materials happened practically opposite of your experience.

I used Rye to spawn straw with no casing, then dusted it with worm castings after the first flush (don't anyone say PF's are 'weak'%-) and I got well over 100G wet). I didn't get a print off the first flush, but I'm still hopeful for the future.

Even I'm offended at how much I have been neglecting this tray (I buried a shitload of pins among other things). No contaminaton after a month, and it's been exposed to the same air that I breathe. And I just dumped the castings straight from the perforated bag to the tray, no attempt at sterilization at all.

Anyway, I think you'd be fine considering that I found castings can pack together quite securely if not treated appropriately, and that doesn't seem to be the case with your photos.

I would do it... I can't make my tray die.

This excerpt and all characters contained within are entirely fictional...
Support the FSR and micronmagick

--------------------
Life is what happens while you're making other plans...

OfflineTrippinRhino
addict

Loc: TX
    #344130 - 06/19/01 02:03 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

HEY ALDER! This is definately off topic but WHAT THE HELL man? I clicked on your URL for about the founder of the Shroomery. It tried to take me to the DEA website....What is the deal man?

--------------------
All rhinos are endangered species...save the rhinos

OfflineALDER_057
addict

Re: WORMDUNG TO STRAW HELP [Re: TrippinRhino]
    #344501 - 06/19/01 04:26 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I AM UNDER THE COVERS....thats the deal....sshhhhhhhhh
ALDER....aka....janet reno

FREE SPORE RING
Micron Magick

--------------------

Offlinetom
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Nope
    #345451 - 06/20/01 07:00 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I was jus happenin to wonder how OHE how did you pastuerize those castings? Or did you at all? I was so unlucky that mine came with termites and they are no fun. And a tip on pastuerization: don't let them cool in the oven!!! it will take days just take them out and stir for about 5 min and they will be cool; and if you cover the worm poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo with foil when baking them in the oven they will lose very little water so be careful with that water because the castings can't hold much.

My advice to you is to turn your fan on super high speed and toss a few of those worm sacks into it and scream "the sky is falling... the sky is falling" and then with the last sack open it and put it over your head and pull on the sides of the bag; it might help to add some water to it before hand to make it more "gushy"; and when you pull on the bag keep your eyes open and shout "this is fun... OHE SOE fun" until your mouth is completely full of castings and you can no longer shout. At this time run full speed until you hit something and hopefully Nelson will find you and say "Ha ha." Well anyway I personally think you need more air for those bags. Next time pastuerize in baking tins and colonise in them too w/ nooooooooo pins. You might have had not enough water and thats why they didn't fullIII colonise.

"Ha ha" -- Nelson

"Never trade or buy from DXMHEAD420... he ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

--------------------
"It must be your stamps girl... cause it aint your face" -- Juvenile

"Only in America does someone order a cheese burger, large fries, and a diet Coke" -- ?

"DXMHEAD420 ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies