Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Boycott the God of Abraham!
    #3454070 - 12/06/04 10:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I propose that all followers of the God of Abraham cease their worship and deny God of his power, which is the faith you give him. The God of Abraham has simply not behaved well enough to deserve this faith and this power over your lives. The God of Abraham is responsible for many atrocities according to his own holy text, among the crimes are: the first example of racism and genocide, jealousy and censorship, ignorant bias and vengeance, the torture of huge populations, and total abandonment of his church for the past 2000 years, to name a FEW of the crimes for which God would today probably be prosecuted or at LEAST stripped of his title of "worshipful father".

So what do you guys think? Does this "God" deserve allegiance? I say theres plenty of other gods out there who are much better than the God of Abraham. There are Gods who won't throw you into hell, don't hate humans because of their skin color or sexual preference, don't get angry at you for saying certain words, and don't demand that you praise them incessantly. Hell, you can even make up your own custom God!

We live in the year 2004, in a modern civilization, don't waste your spiritual energy on those old and busted Gods of ancient times --- get a new god today!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Boycott the God of Abraham! [Re: chunder]
    #3454089 - 12/06/04 10:42 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"One get god, as One lost god"
-unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (12/06/04 10:44 AM)

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #3454111 - 12/06/04 10:47 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Who the fuck is Abraham? I don't know the mother fucker.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Anonymous

Re: Boycott the God of Abraham! *DELETED* [Re: Gomp]
    #3454115 - 12/06/04 10:47 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by PsiloPsychic

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: Boycott the God of Abraham! [Re: ]
    #3454140 - 12/06/04 10:51 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PsiloPsychic said:
it seems to me that all is one, and all is god, even you and myself. it is just the dogmas that we as humans put in the way between us and the compassionate god that exists everywhere.

ding ding! :thumbup:

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Invisiblechunder
marker

Re: Boycott the God of Abraham! [Re: Gomp]
    #3454142 - 12/06/04 10:52 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

So does that mean that choosing to believe in a god is functionally identical to choosing to dis-believe in a god?

Does a change in belief change the nature of the god?

I one were to run with that, then we're really all designing and building a new God during each moment of the day, as our beliefs change and form to our experience.

In that case, I guess everyone gets exactly the kind of God they need and deserve ! Seems it all boils down to how much punishment and guilt you think you deserve.....

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3454144 - 12/06/04 10:52 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That's right! Reclaim your power people!

Invisiblechunder
marker

#3454158 - 12/06/04 10:56 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

The Exists-Everywhere-God-of-Compassion, I like that guy! He's got an impressive way of presenting himself, existing as everything is no easy task. And Compassion, thats great, what a great quality for a god to have!

You listening God of Abraham?, Exists-Everywhere-God-of-Compassion has got some exciting ideas and they DON'T involve him casting me into a lake of fire for all of eternity! I think his game plan is way better than yours!

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Boycott the God of Abraham! [Re: exclusive58]
    #3454161 - 12/06/04 10:56 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"god made people, people made god's.
Together, we are One"
-unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (12/06/04 11:01 AM)

Invisiblechunder
marker

Re: Boycott the God of Abraham! [Re: exclusive58]
    #3454173 - 12/06/04 10:59 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

That's right! Reclaim your power people!

Reclaim the ancient memories....if we can manage to remember that we chose our god to begin with, then we simultaneously gain the power to choose a new one....

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3454178 - 12/06/04 11:01 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Why not be your own?

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#3454184 - 12/06/04 11:03 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

chunder said:
The Exists-Everywhere-God-of-Compassion, I like that guy! He's got an impressive way of presenting himself, existing as everything is no easy task. And Compassion, thats great, what a great quality for a god to have!

You listening God of Abraham?, Exists-Everywhere-God-of-Compassion has got some exciting ideas and they DON'T involve him casting me into a lake of fire for all of eternity! I think his game plan is way better than yours!

So then you would choose to have no personal accountability.

Sorry but there is but one God, and he will treat you fairly.

But if you fuck him, then yes, he's got some surprises waiting for your ass. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblechunder
marker

Re: Boycott the God of Abraham! [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3454199 - 12/06/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Why not be your own?

Alright, jiggy has brought a fresh and attractive new god to market, God-as-Self! I've sampled this god many times and I have to say, this god is very productive personally. Helpful for cultivating personal responsibility and personal integrity --- what would God do? what would I do?

--------------------

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Boycott the God of Abraham! [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3454202 - 12/06/04 11:07 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:

But if you fuck him, then yes, he's got some surprises waiting for your ass. :thumbup:

Are you calling god a homosexual?  :crazy:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblechunder
marker

Re: Boycott the God of Abraham! [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3454211 - 12/06/04 11:09 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry but there is but one God, and he will treat you fairly.

Maybe your "one God" treats me fairly, but I've seen other gods treat other people unfairly.

I've also spent some time with the God of Fairness and I've come to conclude that he's totally inconsistent and obsessed with relative circumstances. ; )

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Boycott the God of Abraham! *DELETED* [Re: chunder]
    #3454247 - 12/06/04 11:16 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by PsiloPsychic

Reason for deletion: .

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3454264 - 12/06/04 11:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

chunder said:
Why not be your own?

Alright, jiggy has brought a fresh and attractive new god to market, God-as-Self! I've sampled this god many times and I have to say, this god is very productive personally. Helpful for cultivating personal responsibility and personal integrity --- what would God do? what would I do?

Once a god falls outside of you, you can blame it for what ever you want and credit it for whatever you want and never have to take accountability, responcibility or action for yourself.

Sounds like being a little kid. No thanks, I choose to be a grown up in this game.

I beleive through the heart place within, we can source all of the love light power we can handle. I beleive we are co-creatives with the creator which is really just intelligent (light) energy in motion- e-motion. We are the vehicles for it realising its creative intelligence and potential.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblechunder
marker

#3454300 - 12/06/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I definitely agree, there is no growth without conflict. Incidentally, humans often suffer when switching Gods - uncertainty, confusion, fear. Could this mean that switching gods on a regular basis might make for personal growth in the areas of facing fear and uncertainty?

Just brainstorming here.....trying to get a feel for the God-Market.

--------------------

Invisiblechunder
marker

Re: Boycott the God of Abraham! [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3454366 - 12/06/04 11:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like being a little kid. No thanks, I choose to be a grown up in this game.

Right on.

This process of growing into responsibility, maturing to a point of embracing full acountability for one's own state of being, seems to be at the center of learning of all kinds, spiritual, physical, or mental.

Anyone who has truly mastered a physical or mental task will tell you that in order to accomplish such a feat, one must first take hold of the reigns of their energy-emotions and direct them intelligently.

So if we want to master our Spiritual selves, then it seems like it would be wise to take full responsibility for our Spiritual state of being. In other words, assume the role of God.

One of the ideas I'm trying to cultivate in this thread is learning to embrace our creative capacity to embody the Mystery as symbols in our mind. We use the term "God" to desdribe what is essentially indescribable. Where I find many humans limiting themselves is when they forget that God is just a symbol, and its contents, its MEANING, are defined by ourselves. This is a great power, and one to be carefully employed, not to be foolishly wasted on hateful warrior gods or other gods whose forms are not condusive to practical improvement of one's life.

If a god doesn't have a way of dealing with a problem, or helping me to accept some condition of my life, then I look for another god to use as an aid in understanding the situation.

God is a tool we use to focus our spiritual energies in certain directions, and should be recognized as such.

What's more useful to YOU and your LIFE? A tool you can use, or an entity that may or may not exist?

Thanks for participating in this thread friends, its good exercise for my old rotten brain.

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3454389 - 12/06/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I might have bought in to it at one time.

Except that you are very mistaken about such things.

It is far easier for people to take things and the history of the bible way out of context.

God protects the people who love him. Very simple

Makes no difference what skin color you have.......... LOL

It did not in the old testament or the new. God has always excepted Gentials and as always asked them to love him and obey the laws of love.

God is the protector of his children. Just as I would not let any man hurt my child. God does not allow men to harm the people who love him and hold his ways in their heart.

If a gang of people was trying to murder my child I would kill them if needed. That is not murder.

Anyway I see your point but, sadly I must decline. As I have taken the time to understand such things. I have a very hard time just jumping on the band wagon of the many. I require study to know the truth.

I also at one time felt the same as you and fell pray to the "mass mind" of people. But once I took the time to study the entire Bible I discovered that, in fact, The God of Abraham has never broken any of his own laws.

Peace

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom