Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
"Tommorow Will Be Better"
    #3453377 - 12/06/04 05:17 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

So it was a shitty day

and when that happens, and i feel stressed, the only thing i can do to relax is play some guitar.

So i ended up writing a little ditty here.

Until i get something like ProTools, there's gonna be small errors in my recordings, and this one i lose timing at one point...but the jist is here :smile:

Tommorow Will Be Better

--Krem

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: "Tommorow Will Be Better" [Re: Kremlin]
    #3453456 - 12/06/04 06:26 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, man that was beautiful..what'd you use to record it? That's some gorgeous lead, I don't know how tomorrow couldn't be better after writing something like that. You going to be at any gatherings this coming year? I'd love to jam with you sometime..I can't play lead like that but I can lay down some chords for ya :smile: What was the progression you used there? I don't have my guitar handy to figure it out...Well I hope you have a decent day...again, very nice tune.

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Re: "Tommorow Will Be Better" [Re: Hendostan]
    #3453460 - 12/06/04 06:30 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

hey man ,thanks :smile:

I was just at AZ and got to jam with some peepz, i'll be there again next time around.

That was a simple chord progression in D...transposed D7, Dmaj7, Gmin an octave above their root 5/6 voicings,

then went to some derivation of G (not sur which :P), to Amaj.

then back to the normal voicings of D7, Dmaj7, Gmin on roots 5&6.

to record it i just have a shitty audigy...but im hoping to pick up a mac and a mbox soon so i can lay down some professional quality tracks.

And i assure you, tommorow will be better after that stress-lightening experience :smile:

--Krem

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

#3453469 - 12/06/04 06:35 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

heres some other stuff if you are interested:

The Gathering, Pt. I
The Gathering, Pt. II
Night Jam

going to record an album in like a week with these tracks and a few others that are swimming in my head, and not on my computer, at the moment :P

--Krem

--------------------

-George Gissing

--Fyodor Dostoevsky

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3453470 - 12/06/04 06:36 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I listened to it when I just woke up, sounds great man :laugh:

InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: "Tommorow Will Be Better" [Re: stefan]
    #3453688 - 12/06/04 09:55 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I really dig your lead work, it's subtle and simple yet fits perfectly. You really understand the concept of soloing: "Less is more!", in the words of the great Duke Ellington. Use of space and emotional content are so much more important than technically complicated riffs.. it's sweet dude :thumbup: I think my djembe would sound really nice on Night Jam :wink:

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

#3456150 - 12/06/04 07:50 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i certainly try to embrace the "less is more" concept, but i find that that is quite hard most often.

In this recording, this was my 5th or 6th attempt, so i became more concerned with getting it recorded than with making it.

i find the hardest obstacle that i run into is being able to look past the stress or recording/performing and connecting with the emotion of the music to the extent that i desire.  But thats what learning and practice is all about :smile:

Thanks for the support!

--Krem

--------------------

-George Gissing

--Fyodor Dostoevsky

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3462154 - 12/08/04 12:03 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

beautiful

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media