Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Cool-mist hose, does size matter?
    #3453371 - 12/06/04 05:11 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, so I am trying to put a Martha setup together for free (in other words out of stuff around the house I am not using anyways). I am down the the porting the cool mist in. No old or cut garden hoses around here and Wally-world wants $19.95 for one, screw that. Now what I do have is a bunch of left over 3/8" ID tubes. Could I port say 5 tubes of this size into the Martha and get the same result? I already have a ultra-sonic set up in there, and was thinking I could run a 5/8" tube to each of the shelves.

So the question is what would be better, spending a chunk on a new hose or just using 5 5/8" tubes?

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoe, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: Cool-mist hose, does size matter? [Re: MadHatR]
    #3453375 - 12/06/04 05:16 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

a 5/8 tube wouldn't be as bad as the 3/8 one. Remember, while adding more smaller hoses, you're increasing the surface area. This will allow for water droplets to form on the hose. Then again, there isn't too much water buildup in the hose from the cool mist, however, the ultra sonic builds up like crazy. Definetly use a nice sized hose for this. Have you tried a hardware where you can buying tubing/hoses in bulk? At a local hardware, they have hoses on a roll and you just measure the amount you want and take it. I bought 1.25 inch diameter hose for $1.25 a foot or something. Also check where they have wet dry vacs. They had extra hoses for sale which were 2 inches in diameter, 20 feet long for around $12! now that is definetly a good deal.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: Cool-mist hose, does size matter? [Re: derx]
    #3453409 - 12/06/04 05:49 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The larger tubing at the local hardware store goes for a outrageous price. I know the problems ultra-sonics have when it comes to small tubes, that is why I used to either use large hoses for them or sent the tube from the ultra-sonic to a gallon jug, out of it and into another one then into the fruiting chamber. Luckily with this makeshift extra set-up I am putting together right now the ultra-sonic is so small I was able to put the entire thing inside without any problems. I have just never used smaller tubes on a Cool-mister before though. I figure I can have 1 tube coming in at each level so I will at-least know that all the casings are getting plenty of oxygen. Unless anyone thinks this is a really bad idea, in that case I guess I can break down and buy a hose.

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoe, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cool-mist hose, does size matter? [Re: MadHatR]
    #3453480 - 12/06/04 06:47 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

White PVC pipe of all sizes is CHEAP & easy to work with.

--------------------

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: Cool-mist hose, does size matter? [Re: agar]
    #3453692 - 12/06/04 09:58 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yeah same here, pvc pipe cost me 2.78 for 12 for and you can get fittings for everything in pvc. also becareful man with you coolmist inside the motor isnt meant to run in such extreme humidity, i had a coolmist short out on me from being inside a set up. no fire but it could deff cuase a fire if gone un-noticed.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation