Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Herb Grinder, Nitrous Oxide, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFLAME1222
Stranger
My second time tripping, questions (longish post)...
    #3452769 - 12/06/04 01:41 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Hello everyone, I'm new to shroomery and I wanted to say before I made my post what a great website this has proved to be for me.

My questions are as follows: Around a month ago I tried mushrooms for the first time, I took an 8th of what I am now told was California gold caps. I felt very sick coming up so I had my friend drive me home. I actually never vomited and the nausea subsided soon after. I began to trip pretty soon after I got home, I laid in my bed for a while staring at the walls breathing a little (especially my posters) and then took a shower which was pretty bizarre but interesting. I laid in my bed for a while and listened to my iPod (wow, DJ Indigo was just absolutely amazing, I recommend it to all shroomers). Toward the end, around 4 hours in,  I became very restless and uncomfortable. I attribute this to the fact I had virtually no sleep the night before, as I am a bit of an insomniac, and I could not fall asleep at all because of the mushrooms.

Well I feel its time to do them again, but I have some questions. My friend has secured us each 6.5 grams of "Pygmy" Liberty Caps. He took 5.25 grams of the same stuff last week and said it was the best shrooming experience of his life (hes shroomed twice before that, one good, one bad trip). I am a little intimidated by 6.5 grams because it sounds like so much, but I really want a visceral, earth-shattering, experience. Not intense per-say but more deeply spiritual, as I have always been an atheist and fascinated by finding true spirituality. We are in a perfectly secure environment for the trip (mansion a friend is house sitting :laugh:) and are coming prepared with a half ounce of weed, probably salvia, and possibly nitrous. It should be enjoyable.

Here is are my questions: What can I do to avoid feeling sick? The first time my stomach was more or less empty and I eat the shrooms with some OJ. Any tips on how to avoid that gross coming up sickness? Also, will this 6.5 be overwhelming, or not enough for the type of experience I seek. I have a very sound, down to earth mind, in fact while I was tripping I recalled how all the stories of people losing their minds on shrooms had to be utter bullshit. So I am not worried about permanent side-effects. I just want to make sure it will be enough, as the first time was pretty much some pseudo-deep thoughts and nifty visual tricks. Thanks guys!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: My second time tripping, questions (longish post)... [Re: FLAME1222]
    #3452870 - 12/06/04 02:14 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Yeah, don't worry about permanent side effects..they are very rare, and very subtle, involving nothing more than slight visual distortions inthe peripheral vision, you will not ever be permanently "fucked up" from mushrooms....
So you're eating 6.5g of liberty caps, and you're looking to find true spirtuality :lol: Hang on for the ride my friend, cause I think you will find it. Read up on ego-loss experiences so you know what to expect..The Psychadelic Experience by Timothy Leary is a good place to start..you don't have to follow the guide, but just read it so you know what you're getting into.  http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/psychedelic_experience/psychedelic_experience.shtml
And read anything you can about mushrooms on this site and erowid. The better prepared you are, the more comfortable you will be, and the more enlightening the experience should be.
If you want my honest opinion, don't mix the salvia with your trip..the weed and N20 will be nice though.
It's good that you are asking these questions before you commit to such an intense experience..that tells me that you are probably ready for it...Be prepared, be safe, and remember to remind yourself that you ate mushrooms if thing get to crazy..this might sound ridiculous, but it helps to tell yourself that. It will reaffirm the fact that YOU WILL come down in a couple hours..You should be fine though.
Have a great time! Make sure you post here afterwards, and say hi to god for me :wink: Peace, bro

OfflineDeviate
    #3452880 - 12/06/04 02:17 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

i've heard some people say making shroom tea or using ginger can help with the nausea but i havent treid it yet myself. even low doses of shrooms make me nauseas for 6-8 hours so i would say consider yourself lucky if you only feel sick on the come up.

6.5 grams should be enough for a deep spiritual experience. however if that's what you want then rather than relying entirely on the shrooms to give you can take measures to push the trip in that direction. for example trying laying down in darkness. i'd recommend you read "the psychedelic experience" (which can be found on erowid) as it gives good tips on reaching and prolonging transcendental states using psychedelics.

edit: Hendostan beat me to it.

Edited by Deviate (12/06/04 02:18 AM)

InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: My second time tripping, questions (longish post)... [Re: Hendostan]
    #3452883 - 12/06/04 02:17 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Oh, and to avoid feeling sick...there may not be any way to eliminate all of the discomfort, just grind them up into a powder and stir into orange juice, or snapple, or any kind of tasty drink. It's good not to eat for a few hours before, sounds like you already know that.
Make sure you get outside at some point and marvel at nature in your enhanced consciousness...:grin: Later man

OfflineFLAME1222
Stranger
    #3453153 - 12/06/04 03:31 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
Oh, and to avoid feeling sick...there may not be any way to eliminate all of the discomfort, just grind them up into a powder and stir into orange juice, or snapple, or any kind of tasty drink. It's good not to eat for a few hours before, sounds like you already know that.
Make sure you get outside at some point and marvel at nature in your enhanced consciousness...:grin: Later man

Wow thank you for the advice guys. I really am very excited for this *hopefully* life changing experience. I will be among friends so I anticipate a truly great trip. And for being outside, this house has a multi-million dollar pool with an entire rock structure to look like its a natural oasis. I couldn't think of a better place to meet the edge of the universe  :tongue2: Hopefully I can grab a digital camera and snap some pics so you guys can see what the backyard looks like! Also I would like to know, what is a very strong trip like? Is it like being in a dream world where you sit still but "dream" if you will or can you still wonder around, things are just much different? Oh, and another quick question, what should I grind with? A mortar and pestle perhaps? and where are those available?

Thanks again, peace.

Edited by FLAME1222 (12/06/04 03:56 AM)

InvisibleHendostan
Male

#3453252 - 12/06/04 04:01 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Wow! :eek: sounds like an ideal location. How many people will be there, and do you know them well, and will they be tripping also? Those are things to take into account..If you're around someone you don't know or don't fully trust, it will definitely affect your experience.
As for grinding the shrooms, a coffee grinder works best, if you don't have one you can get a mortar and pestle at walmart. Weed grinder works too.
Some pics would be great :smile: I wish you the best, and hope you have an awesome time.

InvisibleHendostan
Male

#3453263 - 12/06/04 04:09 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Also I would like to know, what is a very strong trip like?

top of the page, click 'search posts' and type in 'ego loss' or something to that affect. there have been a lot of very good reports, however everyone's experience is different, there is no way for anyone to tell you what to expect...whatever happens, do not fight it! let it take you where it will, fighting it is what brings on the notorius "bad trips" you hear so much about. in my own experiences, walking around outside has helped, as being inside on high doses makes me feel very confined and trapped. again, read the psychadelic experience. don't try to control it, let it flow through you..try to "shut off" your logical mind and just let it happen.
i've been rambling too much in this thread, anyone else got some good advice for the newb?

OfflineFLAME1222
Stranger
    #3453270 - 12/06/04 04:13 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Yeah, all the people there are good friends that I've smoked weed with an innumerable amount of time (what better way is there to make friends :laugh: ). It will be 4 people, me and a friend on 6.5, another person on an 8th, and the person watching the house on a half eighth.

InvisibleHendostan
Male

#3453293 - 12/06/04 04:23 AM (12 years, 7 days ago)

Sounds perfect :thumbup: Can't wait to hear about it.

OfflineFLAME1222
Stranger
    #3466970 - 12/08/04 09:39 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Hey guys, just was wondering after reading up on some posts here. A lot of people say that they trip very hard on 5g. My friend tripped on 5.25 grams and said it was unbelievable. Since this is only my second time tripping would I be better off using 5.25? Or do you think the 6.5 will make a ton of difference? Thanks.

OfflineFLAME1222
Stranger
    #3467029 - 12/08/04 09:48 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Oh, my friend also reported no ego loss or anything like that on 5.25. Just said it was very introspective and had some very good CEV's.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
    #3467348 - 12/08/04 10:49 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

My advice is to not expect ANYTHING of this experience, other than that it will in fact be an experience...

Also, you're starting to sound a bit nervous :wink:.  Just take five grams.  Wait 20 minutes.  You should by then just be starting to feel the first few touches.  Ask yourself if you want the other gram and a half.  Chances are, it'll be yes.

Don't be afraid of a bad trip, embrace it.  I'm just saying you may get more than bargained for in this life changing experience.  Then again, it may be dim and not at all that great - which is why I suggest not to expect anything of it, you'll have the best experience that way.

--------------------
delta9

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Herb Grinder, Nitrous Oxide, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience