Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
TiT idea
    #3452559 - 12/06/04 01:03 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, so while spacing jars on top of other jars as to not cover up the air exchange hole a idea popped into my head. Why not make raised shelves that are heated in the same way that the rest of the tub is. You could drill holes on both sides of the inner rubbermaid and put a tube of PVC across to the side. Due to the fact that the water level is above the hole then the warm water will simply flow through it, especially if you have a pump at the bottom for circulation. On top of the roes of warm water PVC you could put down a sheet of thin metal mesh. Any ideas on it this would be a improvement worth adding?

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedjred

Re: TiT idea [Re: MadHatR]
    #3452582 - 12/06/04 01:05 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

hmmm..im kinda lost i must be getting tired...pvc pipe through the grow area with warm running water to heat up the incubator?

Offlineintrigue
MMMM hard trance
 User Gallery
Re: TiT idea [Re: djred]
    #3452594 - 12/06/04 01:07 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i guess that would bring the heat up into the chamber a bit expecially if u had a pump in it if not then i think the water would just cool off a lot

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: TiT idea [Re: intrigue]
    #3452647 - 12/06/04 01:16 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Alright dude my friend is tripping nuts and he is right on track with you. He wants to slap you on the back and say what a crazy good idea.

Alright folks, check this out.
First, TIT. Now drill holes in the inner tub so you can put PVC tube all the way through. Use aquarium or some other silicone glue to seal the tubes, and cut them off even with the outside of the tub.

Now when you push the inner tub down, the tubes fill with water. Think what this does.
a) the tubes are taking up air space, which makes exchanges easier with small pumps ...
b) the tubes filled with water are now weighing down the innner tub for you folks having trouble with even heat distribution...
c) the tubes are on the inside of the tank, and like mentioned...it will also increase the heat. Not only that, they are spacing your jars for people using PF cakes...heating your middle jars just like the outside ones.

Nice thinking pal

Peace
ADoobie

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Offlineintrigue
MMMM hard trance
 User Gallery
Re: TiT idea [Re: ADoobie]
    #3452671 - 12/06/04 01:21 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i think its a good idea but the water needs to me moving i dint think just the movement of the water by its self would heat up the air as much as the air would cool down the water. also i dont think attaching a PVC pipe to a flexible tub works very good Ive tried it while making a filter to a pond. if u had a stiff enough tub it would work though. plus i may be wrong but i dont think it would do much for the boyance of ther inner tub

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
    #3452675 - 12/06/04 01:22 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

thats amazing, how probably none of us understood untill the tripping person explained it to us, blows my mind, but how will you keep the water from loosing its heat, i mean, youre talking like a radiator sort of system, it requires something to supply the energy realeased, so put a heating pad under your tank... i think if i was tripping myself id go build one right now for fun

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
    #3452684 - 12/06/04 01:24 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i just just a shelf.. i get pretty even heat already. i don't think you'd need to go to the extreme for heating...

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: TiT idea [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3452709 - 12/06/04 01:29 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Dude...If I had the extra materials I would build 6 of them right now I am bouncing off the walls. This is such a wonderfull place to loose yourself ....

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: TiT idea [Re: djred]
    #3452743 - 12/06/04 01:35 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well, your basic incubator is made up of 2 tubs of the same size sitting inside each other. You fill up the outside one with water which heats the base and walls of the one in the middle. This is the cheapest and best way to incubate your jars or bags. The problem you run into is that the container is usually tall enough that you could stack jars on top of jars. This causes 2 problems, without a lot of insulation the lid heat will be escaping, in turn the area at the base is much warmer than that half way up. With this idea you run pipes just above where the top of the bottom layer of jars are. This allows you to place another layer directly on top instead of spacing it out so that the bottom of your second layer of jars is not coven up the air/CO2 exchange area to the bottom layer. This also allows the 2nd layer of jars to get its own heat opposed to what is coming up from the base while it is trying to escape out of the lid. If you are limited on space and can not fit a 2nd row then you can leave the PVC there and lay jars across

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
    #3452768 - 12/06/04 01:41 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

*shrugs*...sorry man, that one big paragraph is hard to read. It sorta...sorta looks like a dictionary from about fifiteen feet away...underwater...wooooohooooo!

Honestly, I gotcha. I am using bags, and I am still gunna do it. My maan problem with TIT is the heat distribution...but that just so fun...I think...yes, 5 shrooms

--------------------
ADoobie said:

Offlineintrigue
MMMM hard trance
 User Gallery
    #3452796 - 12/06/04 01:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

the shelf idea is good but the only way to make it use able in ways of getting at the bottom layer of jars. would be to put 2 pipes across and use light the florescent grating from lights. but I'm still not sure if it would help with the heat problem very much. i like the shelf idea i have been think of making the same self but with supports of the bottom of the tub.

OfflineTheGreatButtPaca
Happy Gardner

Loc: KY
    #3452839 - 12/06/04 02:03 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Just make sure you leave one of those pvc pipes on the end off.

That way you can actually get jars in and out of the bottom layer!

Great idea though!!!

--------------------
All Hail!!!..................................420!!!

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: TiT idea [Re: TheGreatButtPaca]
    #3452847 - 12/06/04 02:05 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You know, I was thinking actually only two pipes with a peice of screen or plexiglass laid on top to create a shelf...

--------------------
ADoobie said:

Offlineintrigue
MMMM hard trance
 User Gallery
    #3452928 - 12/06/04 02:32 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

it would have to be strong yet allow for air currents

OfflineTheGreatButtPaca
Happy Gardner

#3452942 - 12/06/04 02:35 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

That would work best with the wire mesh. It will conduct the heat better from the two pipes and also spread it more evenly. Depending on the size of the tub however you may want to run a third pipe in the center for heat dissapation. Of course the TnT should keep the temperatrure correct anyway!

--------------------

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
    #3452999 - 12/06/04 02:47 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry to be a bit wordy, in a past life when was a Computer engineer, often times that required me to not only explain what to do to it, buy also why it is done step by step. Some people may be already seeing good results without these heated, but there are a number of us, especially ones with large tubs that need a cheap way to better organize them and keep the entire thing the same temp from top to bottom. This allows more radiant heat in the center so that you are not burning the bottom jars while trying to get the top ones started. On another plus side you could have 2 PVC pipes going all the way through both of the tubs with caps on the ends and holes drilled into them at the point that they are in-between the two tubs. This would not only allow them act like the other shelves but it would also hold the inner tub down and if need it would give you 4 handles for moving.

--------------------

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
    #3453042 - 12/06/04 02:57 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well the pipes don't have to be so close together that you can not easily take the jars out, and on top of the PVC you would lay down a sheet of metal mesh. This would also be great if you want jars on the bottom and bags on the top. Even if you did it just to assure that the temp in the center of the tub is the same as the sides and bottom it would be worth it. The fact that it also makes great shelves, holds the tub down and can be used as handles is all gravy...

--------------------

OfflineTheGreatButtPaca
Happy Gardner

#3453048 - 12/06/04 03:00 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I agree... Great Idea!

--------------------

Offlineintrigue
MMMM hard trance
 User Gallery
    #3453056 - 12/06/04 03:02 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MadHatR said:
Sorry to be a bit wordy, in a past life when was a Computer engineer, often times that required me to not only explain what to do to it, buy also why it is done step by step. Some people may be already seeing good results without these heated, but there are a number of us, especially ones with large tubs that need a cheap way to better organize them and keep the entire thing the same temp from top to bottom. This allows more radiant heat in the center so that you are not burning the bottom jars while trying to get the top ones started. On another plus side you could have 2 PVC pipes going all the way through both of the tubs with caps on the ends and holes drilled into them at the point that they are in-between the two tubs. This would not only allow them act like the other shelves but it would also hold the inner tub down and if need it would give you 4 handles for moving.

ok so im confused now if u cap the ends of the pipes then how would they help with the heat dissipation?
unless ur talking about other pipes?

also how would they help hold the tub down?

OfflineTheGreatButtPaca
Happy Gardner

#3453062 - 12/06/04 03:04 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Run it all the way through both tubs and cap...then poke holes in the pipe only between the two tubs.

--------------------

Edited by TheGreatButtPaca (12/06/04 03:05 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation