Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefedup
Stranger
DXM Issues, Advise Needed
    #3451897 - 12/05/04 08:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Many of my friends have been tripping on DXM in the past. So I did some research and decided to go for it. I chose Robittesin Coughgels, since they were a pure source of DXM in pill form. I took 8 my first time. I somewhat enjoyed the trip. Basicly the effects lasted for hours, I took them on a night, went to sleep a few hours later, and woke up and still felt some of the effects. I enjoyed them through a day of school, and felt they had pretty much died down by the time I arrived home. I decided on that same day to trip again. I took the same amount, 8, and ejoyed the trip once again. I have not taken them for the past 4 days, and I still do not feel normal, I am freaking out because I fear I may be permifried. I basicly just do not feel myself, and still feel a tad bit peranoid, and feel my brain is slow. I have been detoxing since and hope this fades... Any comments, ideas, HELP?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: fedup]
    #3452458 - 12/05/04 10:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Doing it three times in a row probably isn't the best idea.

Nothing to worry about at this point. Lots of people get DXM hangovers, and your dosing spree may have caused you to get a long one. A few more days and you will be back to normal.

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #3452533 - 12/05/04 11:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

how many in a pill?

was that 120mg or 240mg? either way you wont get permifried from those doses.

...if there is such a thing as "permifried"

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: JCoke]
    #3452595 - 12/05/04 11:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

8 of those is a pretty light dose.

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #3453304 - 12/06/04 02:26 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

DXM hangover lasts me about a week. It's nothing unusual.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinethenewuser
LSA Guy :-)

Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: tomk]
    #3453413 - 12/06/04 03:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

lol you took 8 pills? :P That would not get you to a true dxm experience, not even for a fist timer. I suggest 300mg's (30 pills) for a 1st time. I'm glad you had fun though. You'll be fine, DXM can sometimes have a bit of a hangover.

Honestly I didn't even know you could get to 1st plat, the drunk feeling, on 8 pills.

--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Edited by thenewuser (12/06/04 03:52 AM)

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: thenewuser]
    #3453681 - 12/06/04 07:52 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

thenewuser said:
lol you took 8 pills? :P That would not get you to a true dxm experience, not even for a fist timer. I suggest 300mg's (30 pills) for a 1st time. I'm glad you had fun though. You'll be fine, DXM can sometimes have a bit of a hangover.

Honestly I didn't even know you could get to 1st plat, the drunk feeling, on 8 pills.

now now thenewuser, maybe he's a tiny leprechaun? you ever think of that? lol, than I can see how 8 pills might get him REALLY fucked up! :smile: :thumbup:

but seriously, maybe he just does'nt metabolize dxm very well, you now i've heard of people reaching 3rd plateau at 200mg.

--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Offlinethenewuser
LSA Guy :-)

Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: JCoke]
    #3453695 - 12/06/04 08:02 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

lol my bad, your right perhaps he is a small guy. :smile:

Hell man I wish 8 pills got me off, would be cheaper!

--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Offlinejent
enchanted wizardof rhythm
Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: thenewuser]
    #3454244 - 12/06/04 11:15 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yea man...no worries 8 is not a dose at all. Lowest dose I have ever taken would have been a bottle of those pills. You will be fine. :-)

--------------------
the jent

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: jent]
    #3455064 - 12/06/04 02:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You are feeling a *change* in consciousness, not necessarily a *reduction* or *loss* of intellect. You're simply thinking more abstractly, and maybe have trouble pulling these abstractions out of your mind and into defined parameters, such as words and sentences. It is simply a change, possibly a good one, but nothing good can come of it if you regard it as a negative after effect. DXM is a serious substance! In any case, however, the effects are not permanent, especially not with such low amounts.

OfflineLun4e
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: the_phoenix]
    #3477581 - 12/10/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

He could possibly be enzyme deficient. If he lacks CPD2D6, a low dosage could be a lot more powerful. Also, redosing without AT LEAST one day of rest between can be dangerous. Check out the FAQ at www.dextroverse.org it has lots of good information. Depending on how early I take my dose, I will have a mild hangover the day after (as long as I dose at or around midnight) or a pretty strange hangover the next day and kinda feel odd the next day as well (this if I take it really late, like past 2). Anyway, I'd expect you will recover, and unless you were feeling some really powerful effects off that low dosage your probably not enzyme deficient. Just something to keep in mind. Good luck.

--------------------
How to make your 50/50 casing 50/50+ with only eggshells:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6519162&page=0&vc=#Post6519162

Offlinedoxhevex
If it fits inyour mouth, it'sEDIBLE
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania...unfortunat...
Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: Lun4e]
    #5457873 - 03/30/06 12:32 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

i use Coricidin. 12 of those up to 16 and youre gone. unfortunately, as has been noted, i felt stupid for a few days afterwards. just a DXM hangover, like thenewuser said.

--------------------

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: Lun4e]
    #5457947 - 03/30/06 12:55 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

dont be jerks now, i bet if the only drug you had ever used before was pot and you tripped on 120mg of dxm it would be kind of crazy, but still thats probly less than i took my first time.
After all dxm is an odd feeling.

--------------------

Edited by Moo456 (03/30/06 12:57 AM)

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: Moo456]
    #5458079 - 03/30/06 02:14 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

im guessing you're not permafried with that dose

..but prolly just keepin a certain view of your world with you from it, which you can choose to integrate or disregard, its up to you really

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: swampthing]
    #5458132 - 03/30/06 03:11 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

When I was 16 I took 24 of those same coriciden pills. The other 1 or 2 active ingredients made me enjoy the dxm all the more. I wouldnt be one bit surprized if I have fucked up my kidneys because of 3 doses of the same amount. Coriciden just aint good.

I have never been more physically high in my life, but its VERY bad for you. ANything with only dxm as the active ingredient, youre good to go.(look up owsleys legions). Most dissociatives are bad for your brain(aka, holes in the functional brain tissue).
Drugs that fit into this cat. are: DXM, ketamine, pcp, MDMA, (and god only knows what other research chems fit into this category).

OfflineMr_Spliff
Dreamer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Undesclosed Location (its...
Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: stemmer]
    #5458767 - 03/30/06 09:24 AM (18 years, 2 days ago)

i didnt even read all the posts (to lazy) all I have to say is that I (no joke, no lie) took 10x that yeper 80 of them red little buggers, 4 bottles 80pills x 15mgs = 1200mgs of dxm.

did that twice and here i am speaking to you now

GEEE I wonder if I hit the 4th platue...

done dxm around 30 times never below one bottle, if i take into account small doses like that prolly around 40-50 times in a span of 4 years

YOU HAVE ABSALUTLY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT

unless of course you are allergic to dxm like a certin percentage of the population.... :rofl2:

im sorry about being rude (if I was) but you said you did research, maybe not enough, I researched the shit outa everything I took one word bro EROWID... but even then erowid has been found to be lacking, I read every trip report they had about dex, lsa, shrooms, benadryle(not the smartest drug, but crazy non the less) psuedophedrine, and list goes on... the only thing i never really read on was pot, although I read plenty after my first time on it. my first time being stoned me and a friend smoke 20 grams in 30-45 mins in a hooka and a steam roller, felt more like an acid trip then anything haha I lean forward and the room would rush past me felt like I was on a roller coaster, I could even stand up everything was buzzing, never again did tha-t happen with pot.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: the_phoenix]
    #5458870 - 03/30/06 09:51 AM (18 years, 2 days ago)

I find it weird how much DXM some people need.

I can feel the effects begin after only 15mg...

I enjoy an experience with as little as 90mg

I have done DXM several times without going above 200mg. I'm just fine with that.

Don't let anyone else tell you what dose is right for you...

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlineastabooty
Fashionasta.com

Loc: Ft Lauderdale and Gainesv...
Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #5459646 - 03/30/06 01:16 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

it is a very low dose, but hey, you are saving money.

anyway, this happened to my friend the 1st time he did it. i dont get why it lasts so long, my hangover lasts usually into the middle part of the next day.

--------------------

my t-shirt website www.fashionasta.com

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: Mr_Spliff]
    #5459827 - 03/30/06 01:57 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

Greensmoker84 said:
i didnt even read all the posts (to lazy) all I have to say is that I (no joke, no lie) took 10x that yeper 80 of them red little buggers, 4 bottles 80pills x 15mgs = 1200mgs of dxm.

did that twice and here i am speaking to you now

GEEE I wonder if I hit the 4th platue...

done dxm around 30 times never below one bottle, if i take into account small doses like that prolly around 40-50 times in a span of 4 years

YOU HAVE ABSALUTLY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT

unless of course you are allergic to dxm like a certin percentage of the population.... :rofl2:

im sorry about being rude (if I was) but you said you did research, maybe not enough, I researched the shit outa everything I took one word bro EROWID... but even then erowid has been found to be lacking, I read every trip report they had about dex, lsa, shrooms, benadryle(not the smartest drug, but crazy non the less) psuedophedrine, and list goes on... the only thing i never really read on was pot, although I read plenty after my first time on it. my first time being stoned me and a friend smoke 20 grams in 30-45 mins in a hooka and a steam roller, felt more like an acid trip then anything haha I lean forward and the room would rush past me felt like I was on a roller coaster, I could even stand up everything was buzzing, never again did tha-t happen with pot.

how do you know you're absolutely fine? DXM is not one of the safest drugs to be using regularly. LSD, mushrooms, weed, are all safe enough to do regularly without worry about damage but DXM may indeed cause some problems and all the sugars and inactive ingredients and the tons of pills you have to swallow aren't healthy for you.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineAshland
Space Cowboy

Loc: North America
Re: DXM Issues, Advise Needed [Re: leery11]
    #5459888 - 03/30/06 02:06 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

I stopped tripping on DXM because of a very intense experience that lasted over 24 hours. It's not uncommon for DXM to produce a "hangover" after high doses. I remember waking up the next day to go to class and "robo-walking" across campus, haha. It was a little awkward. I felt kind of fried for about a day afterwards, until finally I felt like I was back to 'normal'

Anyways.. the point of this post is to reassure you that what you are experiencing is only temporary. It is not a good idea to trip on DXM multiple times in consecutive days, because it's difficult for your body to break down all of that DXM / DXO.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag