Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefrogger25
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: east coast
biophotons
    #3451775 - 12/05/04 10:31 PM (12 years, 7 days ago)

are biphotons, as in light emitted from living things, is there any scientific basis for this or is it just some stuff made up by holistic healers and quacks?

What are biophotons ?

Biophotons, or ultraweak photon emissions of biological systems, are weak electromagnetic waves in the optical range of the spectrum - in other words: light. All living cells of plants, animals and human beings emit biophotons which cannot be seen by the naked eye but can be measured by special equipment developed by German researchers.

This light emission is an expression of the functional state of the living organism and its measurement therefore can be used to assess this state. Cancer cells and healthy cells of the same type, for instance, can be discriminated by typical differences in biophoton emission. After an initial decade and a half of basic research on this discovery, biophysicists of various European and Asian countries are now exploring the many interesting applications which range across such diverse fields as cancer research, non-invasive early medical diagnosis, food and water quality testing, chemical and electromagnetic contamination testing, cell communication, and various applications in biotechnology.

According to the biophoton theory developed on the base of these discoveries the biophoton light is stored in the cells of the organism - more precisely, in the DNA molecules of their nuclei - and a dynamic web of light constantly released and absorbed by the DNA may connect cell organelles, cells, tissues, and organs within the body and serve as the organism's main communication network and as the principal regulating instance for all life processes. The processes of morphogenesis, growth, differentiation and regeneration are also explained by the structuring and regulating activity of the coherent biophoton field. The holographic biophoton field of the brain and the nervous system, and maybe even that of the whole organism, may also be basis of memory and other phenomena of consciousness, as postulated by neurophysiologist Karl Pribram an others. The consciousness-like coherence properties of the biophoton field are closely related to its base in the properties of the physical vacuum and indicate its possible role as an interface to the non-physical realms of mind, psyche and consciousness.

The discovery of biophoton emission also lends scientific support to some unconventional methods of healing based on concepts of homeostasis (self-regulation of the organism), such as various somatic therapies, homeopathy and acupuncture. The "ch'i" energy flowing in our bodies' energy channels (meridians) which according to Traditional Chinese Medicine regulates our body functions may be related to node lines of the organism's biophoton field. The "prana" of Indian Yoga physiology may be a similar regulating energy force that has a basis in weak, coherent electromagnetic biofields.
http://www.transpersonal.de/mbischof/englisch/webbookeng.htm

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: biophotons [Re: frogger25]
    #3456314 - 12/06/04 08:27 PM (12 years, 6 days ago)

LOL, that was a good read.

Actually heat, like visible light, is electromagnetic energy so I guess people give off light. If we adjust our eyes to convert infrared light to visible light (night-vision goggles), we can see the "biophotons" so i guess they are right in that respect.

Im not sure about the "holographic biophoton field" around the brain (lol) but there is electromagnetic energy around the brain area due to the fact that nerves and brain cells use voltage to communicate. This is actually an interesting thing to me because nerves strictly operate basically on electricity but electrical currents produce magnetic fields which affect other electrical currents. However, the scope of this article goes way beyond anything that i would postulate.

But they go way off when the talk about biophotons in the dna being the basis of communication and control in the body. That is purely chemical and electrical.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: biophotons [Re: frogger25]
    #3458635 - 12/07/04 07:51 AM (12 years, 6 days ago)

Sounds like quackery to me. All photons are the same, so there is no distinction between photons emitted by "living" organisms as opposed to "non-living" objects.

Catalysis had it right: all things DO give off light, though generally in the infrared spectrun (at least for things we are used to seeing). This is called "blackbody radiation".

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Offlinerunnerup
student

Loc: USA
Re: biophotons [Re: trendal]
    #3462945 - 12/08/04 03:35 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

I dont think you guys watch ghost hunters

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: biophotons [Re: runnerup]
    #3463404 - 12/08/04 08:24 AM (12 years, 5 days ago)

I don't watch much TV at all, as I prefer not to be programmed :grin:

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology