Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineinert
Bombaclat
Male

Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: Annom]
    #7890489 - 01/16/08 09:36 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Annom said:
A mushroom trip can be quite an experience and most people I know have changed a bit by mushrooms.

yo im pretty sure that the first cavemen who ate some mushrooms they found on the ground were more than just a bit changed by mushrooms.

--------------------

If you want a custom signature for this message board, send me a private message!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: fushock]
    #7890746 - 01/16/08 10:20 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Some people take their first trip on a small dose and get permafried (the trip literally never stops) for months, years or their entire life. Even though this is very rare its a clear sign that psychedelics affect you far more profoundly then people tend to realize.
If a "drug effect" never goes away it is not a "drug" in the usual sense but rather a gateway between two states of consciousness.

I don't think it's possible to actually get "stuck in a trip." I always figured that happened in the same way that mushrooms make your brain bleed. As in, it doesn't happen. And I assume you aren't just talking about HPPD.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

OfflineSeventy
equanimitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada (PNW)
Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: g00ru]
    #7890850 - 01/16/08 10:36 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

in short: yes shrooms can change you for sure

they can force open your eyes to certain things about your life and the world around you. they made my eyes more open to how overly conscious I am of myself, like the way I look, think, and feel, and how I live through certain experiences in my life. I'm a naturally super-conscious person, and doing mushrooms has made me realize it even more, and I think in some ways has made it worse. I think in my case though, this all stemmed from a bad trip I had some time ago, that forced me into a life review and it scared the crap out of me.

I'm still trying to digest it all, and eventually I'll have it integrated into my life, so I don't feel so foreign to myself all the time.

OfflineFoxFyre
Stranger

Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: Seventy]
    #7891082 - 01/16/08 11:31 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mushrooms showed me the world from a different perspective. A different perception of reality. I've learn to enjoy life every moment. To enjoy little things. I love nature or just looking at a tree. Mushrooms have changed the way I look at life. In a very positive and not very radical way.

I love that. I feel the same way since I first starting tripping. I appreciate the simpler things in life and I'm so content with my life the way it is, and look forward to the things to come. They've made me optimistic and a lot happier.

They helped me realize what is important to me, and even helped me realize I was in love with someone when I was scared to admit it (I know that probably sounds retarded...but it's true.)

I think the tool vs. toy argument has some valid points. They can change you for good. They can change you for bad. It depends on how you approach them. One bad trip can be the one thing that you do need to help you set yourself straight. If you know how to harness and use the things that you learnt/saw within yourself.

Overall, I'm a much happier, more positive person than I was before. I do believe that sometimes they can set in motion a series of events, like previously mentioned.

I also agree that every moment of every day can "change" you. Depending on which lens you choose to view the situation with. And there are many lenses out there in the world.

--------------------
Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be

Offlineshroomben2003
Shroomer

Loc: Some Shroom Pasture
Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: FoxFyre]
    #7891099 - 01/16/08 11:35 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

The more times I do mushrooms, the more I feel like I change myself for the better. The shrooms do an incredible job of showing me who I am, and who I should be. I have increasingly reflective trips and I am able to look at myself from an outsiders perspective in a detailed view. In the afterglow of a trip, I feel enlightened and positively changed. Each trip leaves me even more reborn.

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
    #7891465 - 01/17/08 01:02 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Shrooms changed me, because to this day, I still think I'm cool.:nonono:

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Offlinehandicappedrat
Stranger

Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7891647 - 01/17/08 02:09 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Shrooms really have nothing to change in me than what I got my first trip.

On my first trip I changed alot because I became literally obsessed with exploration and adventure, and I started expressing this in art. The shrooms fulfill something, they don't make something. I take them, my mind becomes bizarre, adventurous and painting-like.

OfflineEnder Wiggin
Strange

Loc: Florida
    #7892273 - 01/17/08 09:47 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fushock said:

I am more practiced the art of walking slowly.

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: Ender Wiggin]
    #7892313 - 01/17/08 10:00 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I attribute shrooms with having helped get me out of class A drug addiction, alcoholism and habitual pot smoking, pushing me to be more creative, having a much better self image, embracing Zen Buddhism and daily mediational practice. They are also the only thing that keeps my manic depression in check.

Basically I found mushrooms when I was at a very low point in my life and they refreshed and renewed me, and continue to do so. They are the only substance I use!

Five years ago I was a junkie, an alcoholic and felt my life was near conclusion - now I feel younger than I did in my twenties, I'm busy writing and making music and am extremely happily married and raising a 10 month old son.

I love my life and am grateful for many things - mushrooms being high on that list.

Yes, mushrooms can change you over time, but you have to work with what they show you - they can be a very useful catalyst for change.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

OfflineCaribou_Lou
Stranger

Loc: Never Land
Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: Wisdom]
    #7893008 - 01/17/08 01:10 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wisdom said:
I am very curious to know if any people have found changes in themselves since shrooming, because my roommate tells me that they can change you. Just wondering

It depends on the person, I wouldn't say shrooms changed me as a person.. maybe a little. They more or less "influence" me. Change is too vague of a word when it comes to people.

OfflinePhonerothyme
Audiomancer
Male

Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: Caribou_Lou]
    #7893153 - 01/17/08 01:48 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Every bit of information which passes through you changes you. You cannot be unaffected in any way by any bit of information. You are changing right now.

--------------------
http://erothyme.net

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order