Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineWisdom
Just A Man WhoEats TheKnowledge
Can Shrooms Change You Over Time?
    #3450950 - 12/05/04 07:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I am very curious to know if any people have found changes in themselves since shrooming, because my roommate tells me that they can change you. Just wondering

--------------------
Don't Smoke Up Your Money
Eat Up Your Money

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: Wisdom]
    #3450975 - 12/05/04 07:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've started to grow wings from my back. Last time I ate shrooms they grew three inches.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

OfflineWisdom
Just A Man WhoEats TheKnowledge
Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: cb9fl]
    #3450986 - 12/05/04 07:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

No not like that at all more like changes in your thinking about things.

--------------------
Don't Smoke Up Your Money
Eat Up Your Money

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3450991 - 12/05/04 07:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

change is good, though it won't be very radical or anything

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Edited by gdman (12/05/04 07:36 PM)

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3450994 - 12/05/04 07:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If you do change from just tripping you will eventually go back to normal after laying off for a long time. (That is if you do it alot) The only real way to be permanently "changed" is to have a really bad trip or to realize something stupid like "we're all the same being inside a glass marble of human conciousness" and actually believe it to be true after the trip is said and done with.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: gdman]
    #3450995 - 12/05/04 07:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

or it might not happen, every aspect of life changes you a little

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: gdman]
    #3450998 - 12/05/04 07:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
change is good, though it won't be very radical or anything

Yeh. I was just guessing he meant in the sense that it slowed down your reactions/thought process... kind of the stupefy effect.

--------------------

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
    #3451232 - 12/05/04 08:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Anything change you. Can you say you didnt change since last year? :smirk:
My non-smart-ass answer would be yes, definatly. It can change you in a good or a bad way, depends on your experiences on it I guess.
I can say it changed me for sure, in a good way :thumbup:

But I must say your question is very vague...

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3452711 - 12/06/04 01:29 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

All things can and will change you

--------------------

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #3453012 - 12/06/04 02:50 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Every experience will change you. A mushroom trip can be quite an experience and most people I know have changed a bit by mushrooms. All in a positive way.

Mushrooms showed me the world from a different perspective. A different perception of reality. I've learn to enjoy life every moment. To enjoy little things. I love nature or just looking at a tree. Mushrooms have changed the way I look at life. In a very positive and not very radical way.

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: Annom]
    #3453139 - 12/06/04 03:26 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Your views on things will change. Some things that made sense before will seem absurd. Lots of things will make more sense afterward though, it did for me atleast.

--------------------

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: pshawny]
    #3453282 - 12/06/04 04:20 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

They've definitely changed me.  In good ways though.  :smile:

Besides changes like being more in touch with spirituality, I can actually name a way they've changed me in a measureable way.

I tried several ssri's (like prozac, ect.) before ever tripping on anything.  I responded to them completly normally.  Average doses, took the same amount of time to kick in as for other people.  Then I never used them for several years & tripped many many times while not using any ssris.  Now I can take 5 mg of prozac (1/2 of the lowest pill they make) and feel the difference for several days.  I'm not saying it's a good difference, I barely sleep at all during that time b/c of the insomnia side effect of the prozac.  And this is a drug you're supposed to take for a few weeks before feeling much.

I can take 1/4 of the smallest pill of lexapro made (another ssri) and feel it hit my nervous system about an hour later.  It's so strong an effect for me there's no chance this is placebo.  And this is another drug that you're supposed to take for weeks before it does much.

Besides this, all the changes shrooms have made in me are for the better.  And ssris suck anyway, it's not like they're something I can't do without.

To put this in perspective though, I calculate that in the course of a year I ate around 3/4 of a pound dry (1/2 oz dry on a single trip once).  That's with a few DMT & cacti trips thrown in for good measure.  :smile:

Now I rarely trip, I think I've gotten on shrooms to the point alot of the dead family got on acid (read Chinacat's acid posts in ODD if you havn't) where they just don't need to trip to be attuned the way pschedelics make you.  Synchronicity is everywhere, everything is interwoven.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: Tantalus]
    #3455640 - 12/06/04 06:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Most intense experiences will change you in someway...

Do the shrooms man, everybody on earth should experience them atleast once on a moderate does.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3455675 - 12/06/04 06:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, they can change you. They can change you for the better or change you for the worse. Depends on how you approach them. I've done it both ways- use and abuse. Using them can be very beneficial. They can help you overcome other addictions, get focused on where you want to go in life, and so on. Abusing them can damage relationships, cause you to fuck up at school/work, and generally screw up your social skills.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3455733 - 12/06/04 06:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Shrooms do NOT change you.

Listen, this is IMPORTANT:

Shrooms will only lead to chage if you truly desire change yourself. They will help you to see aspects of yourself that you do not like, and they will prompt YOU to change YOURSELF.

This is an important distinction.. it is the reason some people eat shrooms and experience drastic self improvement, while others eat shrooms and just "see pretty colors."

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: jux]
    #3455916 - 12/06/04 07:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jux said:
All things can and will change you

amazing that this was exactly what i was gonna say

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Loc: U.K.
Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3458716 - 12/07/04 09:13 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:
Shrooms do NOT change you.

Listen, this is IMPORTANT:

Shrooms will only lead to chage if you truly desire change yourself. They will help you to see aspects of yourself that you do not like, and they will prompt YOU to change YOURSELF.

This is an important distinction.. it is the reason some people eat shrooms and experience drastic self improvement, while others eat shrooms and just "see pretty colors."

:thumbup:

--------------------
Spotted dowhaters shpongled trollywognogs!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Go on! Make a sentance I dare ya! eheheh
If you like UO www.novusopiate.com

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3458722 - 12/07/04 09:24 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'd like to offer my view:

Psychedelics do change you quite strongly. But: only if you do the work it will be a significant change for the good. If you completely botch it it will be quite a negative change and if you don't invest significant positive or negative effort into it you will merely be causing quite some waves until you quit or clean up your act.

The choice to trip is one of the most important ones in a lifetime however, because I strongly suspect that once you have tripped things are set in motion that will change the course of your life.
Once you have tripped you are no longer the same, even if you just parked your ass in front of the TV and threw potato chips at the Ninja Turtles.

Some people take their first trip on a small dose and get permafried (the trip literally never stops) for months, years or their entire life. Even though this is very rare its a clear sign that psychedelics affect you far more profoundly then people tend to realize.
If a "drug effect" never goes away it is not a "drug" in the usual sense but rather a gateway between two states of consciousness.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Can Shrooms Change You Over Time? [Re: Zirus666]
    #3458727 - 12/07/04 09:29 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It's the whole tools not toys perception of shrooms really.

Personally in the past year (started tripping regularly since October 03 - 14 trips since) I have quit smoking dope and taking other drugs (just a personal preference, I used to overdo everything), drinking alcohol and caffeine and chewing nicorette gum (was quite hooked on that bloody stuff after quitting ordinary cigs). I have completed loads of paintings and writing, have taken up meditation, have regained confidence in myself, reduced my self-destructive tendencies completely, am more outgoing and generally happy. Same goes for my wife.

That said, this turn around has taken a lot of hard work, some very deep and uncomfortable journeys (both the mrs & myself have had what you might call the ultimate bad trips on separate occassions during the early part of this year - but these were ultimately positive experiences which were like 14 years of therapy condensed into 5 hours - very hair raising though).

It's all about what you take in and what you want to get out of the experiences. For me shrooms are never just about the pleasure principal, although they can be immense fun I find it a humbling and spiritual experience from which I learn so much about myself and life in general.

Hell, I hope to bypass the male menopause (coming up in a few decades) by constant self examination through shroom consumption.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Invisiblefushock
 User Gallery
    #7890468 - 01/16/08 11:32 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I think I'm a more sensitive person. I think I'm kinder, nicer, and I am better at seeing things from other peoples point of views. I'm more content and happy with my place in this world. I'm less of a angry misanthropist, and more of a happy loner. Defiantly more peaceful.

Im also more of a nut. I tend to space out more. I have always been a little spacey, but now more so. And I feel like an emotional wreck a lot of the time. Sometimes I, without any external aid, feel these strange and powerful emotions and states of mind that seem to come from nowhere.

I am more practiced the art of walking slowly.

I can see things from a new perspective that has stayed with me. I have seen things that religious people spend their entire lives waiting to experience.

I guess I am also one of those crazy people that saw something late one night on a trip in the dark that still believes it. I am more happy with myself.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience