Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBBin
BlueOvertoneStorm

Loc: The Netherlands
meaning of life?
    #3450626 - 12/05/04 05:35 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I was having a nice talk with some fellows the other day, nothing too big or deep or sumtin, yep you guessed it: the meaning of life (hmm, did u just hear trumpets..? :wink:

What it boiled down to was, that you can bet yer bottoms you won't realise the meaning of existance by discussing the concept of it back and forth, over and around, from this side and that/// >.<
Dont get lost in the conceptual pitfalls of trying to be in 'emptiness' by thinking about it!

Especially not by fabricating a picture of an image, which has to be translated into words, which then have to be communicated, perceived, interpreted and reconstructed into another picture of an image of the real thing. >> and all that while the real thing is staring you right in the face in each continual here and now. My now, when i am writing this is the same one as your now, in which you are reading this, right now.

Time to move that energy out of those intellectual centers and start grounding yerself a bit and focus on b e i n g. Here. And also now, and again ^^

Ok, that being said, what comes next is simply a 'view of things', given with the sole purpose of adding perspective. No need to debunk or proof for or against this or that, or argue about correctness and validity of thought, cuz its all empty anyways. Allthough its still a lot of fun to do so otherwise!! ^^

Even if all the functions of our bodily existance can be measured and quantified and explained and categorised and defined using scientifically empirically accepted proof, there still remains the gap between the mechanical process of the functions of the body and the 'spectator' behind all these machinations which is receiving and processing all this data.
Even if everything we feel touch taste see smell think experience can be explained as just some chemical interactions within our brain, then who is the 'one' which is actually doing all that?
hmm?

Remember that "woa.. i exist!"-erlebnis we used to have as kids? (or praps when introducing certain psychoactives into the microcosm of your brain?)

I am of the opinion that in between that 'space' (emptiness ?) between observer and the observed, between experience and experience-er, between one and the other, within that infinitesimal gap inbetween the division of the duality of choice, there exists the true spark of life, consciousness. And this one little sparkly anomaly travels throughout all the complexity of all possible manifestations of being, and all interactions thereof, giving shape and form to everything and by so doing giving rise to meaning and purpose, selfcontained. (and im sure that many of you have seen the movements and shapings of this lil' spark, somewhere along one of your psychedelically aided inner journeys ^^)
So even though in its essence, this means that everything is 'empty' in an illusory way, it also means that in our truest essence we are all simply that same spark of consciousness, having all the experiences of existing in seperated beings, within a world which exists seperate and autonomously from them.
We are the universe, experiencing ourselves. 

i know i know, nothing new under the sun, its even a bit corny perhaps, but there you have it. easy as spam in a can.

--------------------
Thought is born blind but Mind knows what is Seeing

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: meaning of life? [Re: BBin]
    #3450764 - 12/05/04 06:21 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

"the meaning of life, is, was, being this and that"
-unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlineorgandonor
Stranger

Loc: St. Petersburg, FL
Re: meaning of life? [Re: Gomp]
    #3450811 - 12/05/04 06:32 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Meaning of life is to create life.

--------------------
They say that dreams are only real as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: meaning of life? [Re: organdonor]
    #3450823 - 12/05/04 06:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

That's pretty much the scientific way to look at it. Since that is one thing that all life shares.

But that idea doesn't work when you consider how different humans are from all other beings in existence (that we know about).

Creating life just doesn't cut it for something with a mind and consciousness.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: meaning of life? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3451937 - 12/05/04 11:05 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
That's pretty much the scientific way to look at it. Since that is one thing that all life shares.

But that idea doesn't work when you consider how different humans are from all other beings in existence (that we know about).

Well said

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: meaning of life? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3451999 - 12/05/04 11:20 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:

Sadly, this is nothing more than a bad side effect of having said counsciousness.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: meaning of life? [Re: BBin]
    #3452012 - 12/05/04 11:24 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

It is whatever you want it to be.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology