Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Logic in Dreams?
    #3449960 - 12/05/04 02:16 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

Last night i had a strange dream, or more to say nightmare. First there was some creature that was torturing itself, or was being tortured. The thing that shocked me the most was that the creature was drugging itself and almost accepted the torture. Is this a metaphor that means that myself, or people in general, use drugs to medicate pain away, and this way avoid dealing with the source of tha pain?

I am skeptical how to interpret this. On one hand, maybe drugs helped the creature suffer less, but on the other hand maybe they were the reason the pain started , or that it is not stopped. Or maybe drugs can potentially help even to stop the source of the torture. Each action may be overanalyzed and some meaning found. But is it valid, or just a random combination of ideas, without reflection of an actual insight of the situation?

What makes me even more skeptical is that after that evil episode the situation continued into some action adventure against evil torturers where i was a secret spy type  :smile:

However, there is still the possibility that this was all  a deep psychological drama about my feelings about drugs. I consider myself a moderate drug user, i have only tried herbal entheogens like weed, mushrooms and salvia, for which i think the health risks are minimal. I also keep doing much work in university and my job, and am not a lazy stoner, but still, occasionally i doubt whether i am using my full potential, or the weed  brings me back in life.

Or again, a bounce of interpretations from the serious psychological stuff to the simplest possible theory: I read in the newspapers about recent political tortures in the wars around the world. I am also an occasional drug user. So my mind made a scene out of the two things, like an horror film art director combined two random ideas to get a powerful effect.

So, what do u think about dream logic and interpretations in general, is there any sense to keep doing analyzing? And what about the idea of my dream,are drugs making us feel pain?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Logic in Dreams? [Re: gotmagog]
    #3449996 - 12/05/04 02:25 PM (12 years, 5 days ago)

"dream of imagination, and be"
-unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Re: Logic in Dreams? [Re: Gomp]
    #3454414 - 12/06/04 01:43 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

Hm, I expected more replies, maybe the start of this thread should have been not about a dream of mine to bore people of, but about the philosophical dilemmas i want to discuss.

Anyway, i found that my weed use really bothers me, and the thread here "enjoying things sober" really expressed what bothers me and what i think i found in my dream. So, i am glad i checked this forum.

Kinda senseless post, but i hope it will bring my post back from the oblivion of page 3  :smile:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Logic in Dreams? [Re: gotmagog]
    #3454440 - 12/06/04 01:47 PM (12 years, 4 days ago)

"expect only the expected"
-unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology