Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTaz
veteran
Question: Need Feed Back.
    #344865 - 06/20/01 12:54 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Hello everone. ok I came across some mushroom compost. here are the ingredients: composted straw, sphagnum peat moss, horse manure, chicken manure, cottonseed meal, soybean meal and gypsum meal and Dolomite lime (ph adjustors).

Now my question is, would this be good for using in casing's?

Also, Is there a chance to get some mushroom compost from a mushroom farm that is prior to growing mushrooms? (freshly made) and if so does any one know where to order it from?
thanks all for your help....

Help stop the clear cutting of MT. Elphinstone. send a small donation to the Spore Lab are purchase a few syringes, help fight the Government bastards who want to destroy forest for $$gain......

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: Question: Need Feed Back. [Re: Taz]
    #344874 - 06/20/01 01:08 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Some brands sell mushroom compost freshly made, prior to mushroom growth. A local company called Perma-Green, I think, sells it around here. I use it for outdoor growing, its pretty good shit! Pun intended. I don't know if they are nation wide, but its pretty cheap and I can ship you some if you can't find it in your area.

Tired of pimping yourself on the corner to afford spores? Well throw out that red dress and go to the FSR, for spores even you can afford.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: Question: Need Feed Back. [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #344877 - 06/20/01 01:11 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

oh man that would be really cool, let me look around a bit to see what I can find out. I may get back with you on that. So do you think that it would be good to use as a casing layer??

Help stop the clear cutting of MT. Elphinstone. send a small donation to the Spore Lab are purchase a few syringes, help fight the Government bastards who want to destroy forest for $$gain......

--------------------
"Most of the world's problems are caused by people taking things that do not belong to them..."

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

#344883 - 06/20/01 01:16 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Technically I don't think it would be considered a casing layer, but more of innoculating dung with spawn, but it would work as long as you pasteurize it.

Tired of pimping yourself on the corner to afford spores? Well throw out that red dress and go to the FSR, for spores even you can afford.

--------------------

OfflineTaz
veteran
Re: Question: Need Feed Back. [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #344888 - 06/20/01 01:23 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

ok, so you are talking about pasteurizing the fresh made compost right? What about this already spent stuff I have? (I didn't realize it had already been used till later). And how long do you suggest to pasturize it?

--------------------

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

#344895 - 06/20/01 01:30 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

An hour or so, maybe a little more.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom