Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
A few quick ones...
    #3448492 - 12/05/04 02:42 AM (12 years, 3 days ago)

Hi all, and thanks in advanced.

First, is tin foil or something of that nature "heat reflective"? Meaning, if there is a heated container suspended in a larger sealed container...will there be more even heat distribution if the larger container is first lined with something that can "reflect" heat..(tinfoil?)

Second, is there a better material for making an incubator with other than Styrofoam for heat retention?

Third, what sort of drip-guards have we been making? Not a whole lot talking about it...any easy ideas?

Thanks again,
ADoobie

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

Re: A few quick ones... [Re: ADoobie]
    #3448498 - 12/05/04 02:43 AM (12 years, 3 days ago)

You can use a slanted peice of plexiglass or real glass as a drip shield :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
Re: A few quick ones... [Re: Super_Blunt]
    #3448509 - 12/05/04 02:48 AM (12 years, 3 days ago)

are you talking about a fruiting chamber or incubator? obviuosly tinfoil reflects light and it will get hotter than normal things. so i would imagine tin foil to work. but for a fruiting chamber this would be no good cause of reflection. i personally like styrofoam so i dont know any other way. super blunt hit it on the head for you. use plexiglass.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: A few quick ones... [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3452154 - 12/05/04 11:55 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Sorry, I thought I posted a response twice, but I have...eaten a few treats in the past 24 hours so that all makes sense...

I am talking about Incubators. Also, I was looking through some farming catalogs, and noticed some heat reflective insulation. I did a search and found a product (perhaps not the best priced, but according to my quick search at froogle, the best marketed/priced) by home depot. Check it out @ www.homedepot.com (go there, top right corner is a quick search area... enter: 161460 )

Anyhow, is there any use for this in the world of mycology?

Slanted plexiglass? Yes, I noticed that mentioned in some teks...sort of limiting when it comes to air exchange isn't it?...at least when we are talking about using an aquarium pump to exchange air. Ouch. I see where it has its place with PF cakes in a PMP, but I am doing casings in three different styrofoam containers. Sorry for the lack of info.

Thanks,
Peace
ADoobie

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3452220 - 12/06/04 12:12 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

GOOD INSULATED INCUBATOR & FRUITING CHAMBER

Broken ones can be had at appliance repair places FREE

Wiring & dial control from electric blanket ($5 @ thrift store)is great heating device.
:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: A few quick ones... [Re: agar]
    #3452543 - 12/06/04 01:01 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Hehe, I have seen and read all those threads. Now, lets assume for a second that we aren't using a freaking fridge :smile:

Lol, I am trying to find a better way to incubate than TIT...

But let me ask this question. I have been keeping my room a solid 84 F. The thermometer next to my substrate reads 84 F. I am assumeing that since we are talking mycobags, the substrate itself could have a +/- (probably +) 2 F ... making it 86F. Hows that sound? Guess If it aint broke, don't fix it right?

Peace Adoobie

--------------------
ADoobie said:

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
    #3452587 - 12/06/04 01:06 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Ahh...Agar...I saw your post talking about an already mentioned method...file cabinet laid on side. What do you have to do to keep the heating pad from over-heating the situation? A few towels sounds pretty ruff when you are trying to find a evenly distributed 86ish...

Peace
ADoobie

--------------------
ADoobie said:

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
    #3452664 - 12/06/04 01:18 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

you don't need a misting gaurd in a TnT.....you don't need to do anything with humidity in a incubator. better then a TnT? it doesn't really get any better.....

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Re: A few quick ones... [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3452683 - 12/06/04 01:23 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

uhhg. Sorry folks, the third question was directed towards my fruiting chamber. I have three chambers. Incubation for bags, Incubation + Humidity for Casing development, Humidity + Air for casing fruiting.

The first two questions deal with Incubation, the third on with fruiting. Sorry my friend tripped all the way through that one...

Peace
ADoobie

--------------------
ADoobie said:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation