Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Swami]
    #3447949 - 12/04/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
...and offering a 20,000 wager against the existance of God?

Somebody here is on drugs and it ain't me. It is almost impossible to hold a conversation with people who hallucinate words, nevermind undetectable beings.

hahahaha lol yeah I'm on drooooooogs man. big bad dangerous ones that make me hallucinate and see god! aaaaaah watch out, you're gonna become a true believer soooooon lol

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Lightningfractal]
    #3447953 - 12/04/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm laughing so hard my eyes are tearing up.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3447972 - 12/04/04 10:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

bahahahahaha tell me about it..

I love watching athiests and Christians T off on each other, it's ridiculous fun to see it go down.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3447998 - 12/04/04 10:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
"Jesus is the only way to get to God."

BAHAHAHAHAHA that sounds like jesus is some sort of super duper teleportal unit and God is some far off distant city.

Like this cat jesus is just some dude that helps people sneak accross some mystical border. LOL

Jesus says: "O.K. God will see you now...

...You know I'm the only way to get to God. HEY! Hey you can't go in there man, you didn't go through me, hey come back here, come back!!!!

....Yeah, I got tickets to god man, and I'm the only one who gots 'em. ..

Jesus is but a flying carpet to swoosh you in to see God ..

LOL I'll sneak under the fucking fence. ha!

It was this.

Sounds like something I would say when I'm feeling things are getting ridiculous. I like to add to the ridiculous to show how ridiculous the ridiculous is.  :crazy2:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3448054 - 12/04/04 10:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, the thing is, let's just say that I am 100% personally convinced that God does exist....

...but I'm not one of them fuckin' "believers". Now that does not mean that I do not love God. It just means that I do not believe that God is some sort of Zeus-like warrior God that leads "christians" to "battle".

that's bullshit. Why would God create humanity so that he could take sides in our petty disputes?

Christians have the bible, but they must not read very well. The bible speaks of loving each other, being truthful and real, and spreading peace and love.

Too many of these "believers" think they are in some sort of elite club, so obviously they shot straight past the whole point of life in their "zeal" to be the "leet Christian warriors". LOL

Further, I could give a flying fuck if someone thinks God doesn't exist. It's not my personal responsibility to convince monkeys that wheels are round. They should have figured that shit out for themselves when they saw them spin. :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3448095 - 12/04/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I can feel the sadness that God feels over Mans continual denial of him. God wants nothing more than all of Man kind to love him.

This doesn't make any sense.

If God wants people to believe in him so badly, he can have one new believer, namely me, instantly by simply showing up at my front door and doing something impossible.

Levitating me for a few minutes would be most effective and certainly within the powers of an omnipotent being.

If he doesn't like that I don't believe in him, he has only himself to blame.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Diploid]
    #3448110 - 12/04/04 11:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

true. He can feel his own sadness, not God's.

God don't give a fuck.

Jesus does...

...that's why you gotta go through him.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

#3448126 - 12/04/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Jesus gots the best dope, oh ye saints!!

Come smoke jesus' sweet sweet herb ye faithful!!!

Oh when we finally arrive....

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3448128 - 12/04/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
true. He can feel his own sadness, not God's.

God don't give a fuck.

Jesus does...

...that's why you gotta go through him.

do you have evidence for that my friend?  :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: kaiowas]
    #3448141 - 12/04/04 11:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Big whoop that Jesus died on a cross. So he had to suffer for a couple days. Not bad knowing you will have a very powerful place in heaven for all eternity. Us mortals have to die with the ever looming thought, "is this it???". Jesus was weak.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: kaiowas]
    #3448160 - 12/04/04 11:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, to me it stands to reason...

God is Love right?  O.K. so jesus is the only way to God...

Therefore jesus is the only way to love...

which to me means that God is just mindless everlasting love, but you can't get there without going through Jesus, which means God as a man, which means the rational, reasoning form of god.

Therefore ya gotta please the thinking form of God (jesus)through your actions, before you can get to where nothing matters and you're always happy.

No I don't have proof, see my other thread titled " I don't know shit". :grin:

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: looner2]
    #3448164 - 12/04/04 11:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

looner2 said:
Big whoop that Jesus died on a cross. So he had to suffer for a couple days. Not bad knowing you will have a very powerful place in heaven for all eternity. Us mortals have to die with the ever looming thought, "is this it???". Jesus was weak.

hahaha That's gonna ruffle some birds' feathers I bet. :grin:

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3448167 - 12/04/04 11:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"Us mortals have to die with the ever looming thought, "is this it???". Jesus was weak."

:lol:

hahahaha

damn, that almost made me spit out jd and coke :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Diploid]
    #3448190 - 12/04/04 11:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I can feel the sadness that God feels over Mans continual denial of him.

Sorry, but I'm not buying that either. I think that is assigning human motivations and emotions to a cosmic being who is in a constant state of bliss. He's not allowing the human condition to bring him down. He wouldn't be God if he functioned in that manner!

God being sad over someone not believing in Him is almost as hard to imagine as His being upset at blasphemy. I never got why blasphemy was a sin. I mean, does anyone really think God blows a gasket every time some infinitesmaly tiny speck of dust he created has the temerity to disrespect Him? Does God get offended easily?

Once again, it seems to me that these are emotions projected upon God by those who have annointed themselves as his advocates. They assign to God their own thoughts and emotions only in a dramatically scaled up fashion.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Jellric]
    #3448215 - 12/04/04 11:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Exactly, people "humanize" God. They take a big president in the sky, give him an ego, give him human emotions and a personality, and then tell everybody he is Absolute. Human arrogance at its best

Also a reason some people find God, while others do not- those who find him look into their own subconscious

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Ravus]
    #3448334 - 12/04/04 11:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

They give him our image too.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3448508 - 12/05/04 12:48 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
I know that God is a emotional being. He is a being built of Pure Love. And Love is capable of being Sad or disappointed. The bible has many stories about God and his needs.

More delusion, and a completemisunderstanding of what love is.

Now tell me, if pure, true love is a state of ultimate acceptance and of appreciation for something, you know, love, then how can love, an experience of thought and emotion, be capable of being sad? Or disappointed?

I'm sorry, but that does not make sense. Emotions are not capable of being other emotions. That in itself is some sort of strange misunderstanding. It is possible that someone who experiences one emotion is capable of experiencing another emotion, but that is completely different.

I'm sorry, but if you cannot accept the well-known thought of God having infinite, pure love implying complete and utter acceptance of every state of everything in his Creation, and that God is so shallow and unconscious as to be emotionally addicted to the state of his Creation, then you are missing one of the most fundamental points and active ingredients of the Christian faith.

It is the belief in a God that completely and purely accepts you, as you are, no matter your failings your thoughts, where you have been or where you are going, that offers such transcendence from personal troubles and negative feelings. Going through the God door to achieve a higher state of mind is a little more seperating and delusional than purely taking reality as it is observed and experienced, but the intention andt he experience are more or less the same, and far more advanced and ultimately better for yourself and other's well being.

However, this does not in any way involve the notion of a weak and emotionally addictive, physical God. This does not involve strict belief in things that are not observable or knowable, for all but the highest degree, assuming their is a God in the first place. This does not involve suffocating and obscuring one's experience. This involves a placebo for spiritual transcendence. Limited, low-order, unconscious, human notions of God as he reflects the state of mind of these mostly unconscious humans. Jesus might indeed be offering a path but it is not a literal one and does not take physical form, it is a state of being.

The true concept of a Christian God certainly is not an emotionless being, but he certainly is not a being that is stuck in a low consciousness state suffering through negative, limited "emotions", which more resemble electrical discharge from crossed circuits rather than true, deep, straight from the state of being emotions. It is not a being that is trapped within concrete, fixed misconceptions that offer nothing towards the direct experience of the being of Christ. Not the seperate human being Christ, but the action of each and every one of us being Christ. It is an experience in each and every moment, and it is not clogged and drowned in any form of low level consciousness. Christ is ultimate, pure awareness, and the world and God take on a much different form than when thinking through a deeply misprogrammed, advanced primate mind that is almost completley identified with.

Your mind is seperating your from reality and from God. Why don't you ease up on your control of your thought and of your ideas regarding God and let the experience of God permeate your mind and flow throughout your translucent, spacious being? No point in dimming your awareness, after all, why don't you live and be the life, living in Christ?  :laugh:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Krishna]
    #3448519 - 12/05/04 12:54 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Krishna said:
well, i definitely disagree with your classification of "god" as a "him"... but i understand your point, and agree for the most part. the way I've thought about it is like this -

say each "ego" is a circle. we get information from the outside world, and about other people, and this enters into our circle. when people communicate with each other, you have a bunch of circles all sending information back and forth. now, some religions (and most atheists) view god as another circle. perhaps a really great circle - a super powerful circle - but another circle, nonetheless - separate from your individual circle. and so, the question of scientific "proof" of god is a valid one - if that circle exists, you should be able to indirectly or directly get information about it. however, what if god isn't another circle? what if there is an all-encompassing circle? there would be no way to infer anything about this circle, because we are a part of it. In the words of Erhart - "God is a circle whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere." i guess this explanation makes more sense if you draw little pictures, but I'm too lazy to do that right now, so i hope you get my idea...

awesome. :thumbup:

Nicholas of Cuza saw the big Circle which is God as having an infinite radius. He drew a line tangent to the circle and called the line man (representing both each human's little circle, as well as the circle which represents all of creation.)

A tangent line intersects the arc of a circle at one and only one point. The point where the circle which is God touches the tangent which is man is both God and man simultaneously. Hence Lightningfractal's correct assertion that there is only one way to God- through the one point which is both God and Man.

Here's the catch:

When observing the arc of a circle one can notice that the appearance of the arc changes with the size of the circle and the observer's distance from it. The arc of a small circle is clearly distinguishable from a straight line, but as the circle becomes large the arc appears to flatten out (for instance the apparent flatness of the earth and sea). As the observer moves away from the large circle, its arc becomes more noticeable. Given a circle with an infinite radius, from any perspective no matter how distant, the arc will appear flat. Now if we were to run a line tangent to the arc of an infinite circle which appears to be flat, the tangent line and the arc will appear to be the same straight line, though in fact by definition they only intersect at one point.

This is a geometric model the great mystery of Christianity.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Swami]
    #3449152 - 12/05/04 08:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Followers? Is this a joke?

And those that do believe will benefit from it.

Except that the benefits, like the belief, is imaginary. Your personal story aside, Christians have roughly the same suicide, alcoholism, murder, adultery, wife-beating, child-molesting, tax-cheating rate as non-Christians. There is NO reason why a beneficial change (even an interior one) should not be readily apparent in large-scale behavorial social studies.

Swami:I love YOU as a brother as well despite our religious/philosophical differences. As is often the case you are able to substantiate your non belief in God by producing "facts". I am not arguing your facts, i am willing to accept what you have just said soley on your word. My rebuttle is that the Christians to which you refer are not REAL Christians. "Many are called but few are chosen" or words to that effect :wink:

Peace be with you
:sun: :heart: :sun: :thumbup: :thumbup: :smile:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #3449199 - 12/05/04 08:50 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Lightningfractal said:
bahahahahaha tell me about it..

I love watching athiests and Christians T off on each other, it's ridiculous fun to see it go down.

The one difference between atheists and Christians(real ones i mean, and that could very well be the minority for all i know)Atheists by and large tend to hate(ever wonder where this hate is coming from, or more properly from WHOM it is coming?) Children of God, those that have invited God into their lives by accepting the salvation of Jesus Christ for REAL, where as a true Christian has nothing but Love and compassion for atheists and sincerly hopes that even the most unbelieving of atheists comes to God before they die, because then it will be too late :frown:

I realize i may come accross as trying to argue, i am not. Being a Christian(born again or not) isn't a spectator sport. We can not sit idly by in a world where rape, murder, child molesting etc are accepted and passed of as:"Oh, they're just fufilling their karmic destinies" or whatever other BS it is that makes people so accepting of all the really bad stuff that is going on in the world

I guess in a really nice way i am trying to say: Wake the FUCK up, B4 it's too late  :heart:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom