Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Going out of town for 2 months, best way to save as much as possible?
    #3448038 - 12/05/04 12:42 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, so in a month or so I'm going out of town for a few months for work. Currently have around 20 quarts that are done, and another 20 or so bags/jars about half way done. Also have 4 jars of karo about a week in. Wheat would be the best way to save as much as possible? Freeze the ones that are half way down now and start them back up when I return? Freeze all of them but the ones I'm going to case that I know will finish it time? Freeze on the finished ones and let the half way ones go while I'm gone? Same questions on the liquid. I also have 4 syringes that I got about a month ago that went straight into the freezer. Should I start using them as soon as I return?

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoe, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: Going out of town for 2 months, best way to save as much as possible? [Re: MadHatR]
    #3448267 - 12/05/04 01:40 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

fruit them all now!!!

experiment for the community--freeze some, fridge some...leave some to do whatever....

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

InvisibleCitricM
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Going out of town for 2 months, best way to save as much as possible? [Re: MadHatR]
    #3448269 - 12/05/04 01:40 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Freezing will kill them.

The fully colonized ones, fruit them now.

The ones that are not fully colonized, throw them in the fridge. Karo, fridge.

Syringes in the freezer? GL getting them to germinate.

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek
Fast, easy, fool proof inoculation
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: Going out of town for 2 months, best way to save as much as possible? [Re: Citric]
    #3450454 - 12/05/04 04:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well when I say freeze, I do of course mean toss them in the fridge, not really to the point of freezing them. My major wonder is would it be better to slow down their growth now when they are about half way done or wait for them to finish and then slow it down. Slowing them down after it is fully colonized might cause it to dye off due to running out of nuts, but it also gives contamination time to get a foot hold in there. I have a extra fridge that will have nothing stored in it but these and if need be I can put each jar in a large resealable bag to help fight anything else off. I am just wondering which time would be best, the middle or end? It will be 9 weeks before they can be moved back into the incubator, and I'm sure in nature they have sat under the soil during winter for much longer than this, but I am trying to save as much as possible.

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoe, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation