Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

To Swami and his followers
    #3447401 - 12/04/04 08:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This is a post from a earlier thread and I thought is was worth posting for all to see.

You are right I have made a few stabs at analyzing you. You have made many stabs at me and others. That is your motivation around here.

I have not forgotten our bet. But after much thought I feel it would be better to prove you wrong and not take your money.

I will be in your area again in March. We will settle the matter then.

20 grand is not the issue and it is Very easy to play us like punks because people do not produce 20 grand. It would be far better to prove you wrong without any cash.

But in your great way of doing things you will not take such an offer. As your 20 grand is the shield that you need to keep this silly ego game you play going strong.

When you continue to question the beliefs of those that confess truly knowing God. While you have confessed to not getting the results you wanted after trying the GOD thing.

You had better know that, yes in fact, you are going to be challenged by people who do not take your talk lightly.

I in fact am one of them. And I will not stand by idle and let you continue to spread your false beliefs without some degree of standing up for myself and God.

For just as easily as you dismiss the God I love. I dismiss your belief that God is not real.

God is in fact very real and does not take your talk with ease.

The truth will be heard even if those hearing it do not believe. And those that do believe will benefit from it.

As I have already said this is a SPIRITUAL AND PHILOSOPHY BOARD

Not a board completely dedicated to the dictation that God is false and not real.

This is a community and I will treat it as such

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3447412 - 12/04/04 08:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hehe...I know I'm a mod and all but...what thread was this from?  :grin:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: kaiowas]
    #3447422 - 12/04/04 08:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What is "wrong" with being "right"?

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3447425 - 12/04/04 08:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well I admire your intrepid boldness, and wish you well on your challenge. Allow me to clarify one certain thing:

A belief in a God is not a prerequisite to the discussion and practice of Spirituality and Philosophy.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
    #3447426 - 12/04/04 08:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Very well said, I never understood why wagering money on beliefs could lead to any enlightenment on a subject.

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3447436 - 12/04/04 08:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oh, and how about if you accept his 20k, and simply give it to me when you win it, since you don't want it? :grin:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3447438 - 12/04/04 08:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Followers? Is this a joke?

And those that do believe will benefit from it.

Except that the benefits, like the belief, is imaginary. Your personal story aside, Christians have roughly the same suicide, alcoholism, murder, adultery, wife-beating, child-molesting, tax-cheating rate as non-Christians. There is NO reason why a beneficial change (even an interior one) should not be readily apparent in large-scale behavorial social studies.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Signo]
    #3447452 - 12/04/04 08:17 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Very well said, I never understood why wagering money on beliefs could lead to any enlightenment on a subject.

Really? You don't understand how sports or the music industry works or even competing for wages in a corporation? Those that produce get rewarded. Those they merely jabber get very little if anything.

Are you not communicating on a machine based on HIGHLY TESTED ideas?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Swami]
    #3447457 - 12/04/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

it might be a joke :lol:

ok if you are to follow the teaching of swam, here would be the first rule

"do not follow"

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #3447461 - 12/04/04 08:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ha ha hahahha YES fuckknuckle your post reads like a cross between a fiddy-cent gangsta rap song and some old testament shit GOLDEN

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3447463 - 12/04/04 08:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I agree very much

It is all the continual attacks that God is not real that has caused this thread.

I for one am very open to many teachings. I have benefited to many outside teachings and look forward to many other thoughts and teachings

God has provided much wisdom in other places then the bible.

I am not one to say that the bible is it. I find faults in it all the time.

Even in the teachings of people that think god is not real there are Godly principals and things of great value

I do not confine myself to a narrow window. I am a follower of Jesus but not a dismiser of wise teachings.

:heart: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
    #3447479 - 12/04/04 08:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Great job of convuluting words in an eloquent way. There's a difference between investing and wagering. You are far from being a swami, you seem like a better  :blah:

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #3447485 - 12/04/04 08:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

but Swami - if the spiritual experience is something outside of the realm of normal consciousness, then western science tends to break down in analysing it. modern psychiatry basically says there is the normal, waking state, there is the dream state, and everything else is some form of psychosis. if we don't have the proper tools to analyse the spiritual experience - if the inherent nature of it is one outside of deconstruction (in a sense, the basis of all western scientific thought) - then how could either side "produce" anything? There's that famous quote (I have no idea who said it, though) - "the difference between an atheist and a believer is that they come to opposite conclusions from the same lack of evidence"

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Krishna]
    #3447505 - 12/04/04 08:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The proof lies within and can not be seen by those outside self. The only real proof to any ones " Wisdom, Enlightenment or Relationship with God"

Would be the Fruits of the person's life and actions.

The fact that God can not be seen is a very difficult thing to except. And can not be proven with a seen thing. To prove the unseen with a seen thing is kind silly. Ain't it ?

That is why God requires us to come to him.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#3447515 - 12/04/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

why is it an attack fucknuckle?

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: kaiowas]
    #3447534 - 12/04/04 08:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well maybe it is not but, God is not happy when he is portrayed as not being real.

Attack is a wrong choice of words. But with my every post speaking about God it seems I am told I am Delusional.

I am speaking from my head and only giving a human reaction to something I hold so close.

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

#3447542 - 12/04/04 08:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

well, i definitely disagree with your classification of "god" as a "him"... but i understand your point, and agree for the most part. the way i've thought about it is like this -

say each "ego" is a circle. we get information from the outside world, and about other people, and this enters into our circle. when people communicate with each other, you have a bunch of circles all sending information back and forth. now, some religions (and most atheists) view god as another circle. perhaps a really great circle - a super powerful circle - but another circle, nonetheless - seperate from your individual circle. and so, the question of scientific "proof" of god is a valid one - if that circle exists, you should be able to indirectly or directly get information about it. however, what if god isn't another circle? what if there is an all-encompassing circle? there would be no way to infer anything about this circle, because we are a part of it. In the words of Eckhart - "God is a circle whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere." i guess this explanation makes more sense if you draw little pictures, but i'm too lazy to do that right now, so i hope you get my idea...

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

#3447548 - 12/04/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
God is not happy when he is portrayed as not being real.

seriously? i would think that the infinite totality of all eternity would be far above and beyond a duality like "happy/sad".  or for that matter, "real/not real".

:shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#3447553 - 12/04/04 08:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

cool!!! I was just checkin ya know...no ego games :laugh:

even though I don't have a confirmed belief in god, I accept your views as they are.

now..how about discussing some of these viewpoints, not for validity, but for pure discussion.

"God is not happy when he is portrayed as not being real"

why?

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: To Swami and his followers [Re: Krishna]
    #3447558 - 12/04/04 08:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I get what you are saying

For me, the questions of how or what exactly God is has yet to be answered. God and his grace gives me what I can handle and will revel sucj things to me when it is needed.

To speak of God as a " Him, He, or father" is more from my long hours reading the bible more than what my absolute understanding of what exactly God is or is not.

God I hold as a separate being from myself as of now. What happens to that relationship after I die I don't know. Jesus himself said that some things are far past the human mind to fully understand and these things will be known to you at the right time. I assume that he was speaking of when I die.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder